• I say yes, but...

I don't think that we should pay attention to race, diversity. We should just treat people as people. But what I am proposing is celebrating diversity of minds. When people who think differently from one another, with different backgrounds and philosophies, can come together to build something great, like a team, a movement, a nation. Well I think that's a beautiful thing, that should be celebrated.

• It's fine to be different

Diversity is fine. Disliking those who are different from yourself is significantly less fine.
    There's a lot more loaded into this question. Affirmative Action, for example. The effects of such a practice are questionable. We then dive into equity contrasted to equality and which is more important. All that's really being asked here, though, is "should it be okay to be different from the mean" and the answer is unequivocally yes.

• MLK didn't want it

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."-MLK

NOT BY THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN

Judging people or basing decisions off someone's race not being "represented" isn't what we need.

• Racial diversity is irrelevant

As MLK said, "I have a dream, that people will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character". Despite this, many people are wanting to include non Europeans into jobs, even if they are not qualified for the job, just because they aren't European.

Lets suppose there are 8 applicants for a job, 4 are European(E) 4 are African (A). Lets say if they are sorted by how well they would work at the job and how good overall they are for that job, lets say the rank is this:
    1)A
    2)E
    3)E
    4)E
    5)E
    6)A
    7)A
    8)A

If people were judged on skill, then there would be 1 African and 3 Europeans, since those are who are the best since they are the highest ranked.

However, if true diversity was enforced, then it wouldn't be the 4 best people that would be selected. Out of these applicants, the best, 2nd best, 3rd best and last best person (#1,2,3,and 8) would be selected. From the perspective of a business owner, their options are:

-#1,#2, #3 and #4
    -#1,#2, #3 and #8

If you subtract #1,#2, and #3 from both sides since it's what both options have in common, is it better if an employer employs the 4th best worker or the 8th best worker?

The employer should hire the 4th best worker because they are better then the 8th best one.

Only racists consider race.

Posted by: asta

>