Should dogs be put down if they have bitten someone?

Asked by: lionheartking
  • No Place in the World

Listen. If a dog keeps snapping at children it has serious issues. It will never be trained to like children. Only tolerate them until one day it has had enough. Look up pictures of dog bitten children. I had to kill my own dog for repeated bites on my toddler. I grabbed it by the scruff and slit its throat. I had to. I couldn't live with my baby being scarred and terrorized by a stupid boxer. Boxers are supposed yo be good with kids, but they aren't. They get jealous, territorial over toys and attention. First is the glare....Then the growl... Snap...And attack. Kill your aggressive dogs. Don't let them feel above the toddler in the pack order. Boxers are prone to jealousy and possesiveness over owners. Do NOT think they won't again. First time he did it I beat him and put him in the crate for a day. This was the fifth time he snapped at the baby. Five times. After beating, training, trying to acclimate the dog to the child. I tried everything I was told to. And he still bit. Some dogs are no good with kids and that's it. Nothing can ever make them like kids. Some dogs see them as competition for food and affection. And they will always hate the child for it. Don't risk it.

• You guys have no valid points

All you people are doing is comparing humans to dogs by saying "should a human get put down for biting someone?" The answer is NO HUMANS SHOULD NOT GET PUT DOWN BECAUSE WE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN DOGS AND WE CANT DO AS MUCH DAMAGE FROM BITING SOMEONE. If a dog attacked someone to the point where they were killed or had any injuries it should be put down. Are you guys saying that if a dog bit you or your child to the extent that you had to get stitches or were almost killed you would want to keep it. Why is it that when a human kills someone else people want them executed, but if a dog does the same thing its not okay. You guys are idiots. Humans have more value because WE keep the human race alive not dogs anyone who thinks differently is stupid.

• It is a dog

Small dogs can be ignored. They are silly any way. Bigger dog breeds that has bitten more than once will bite again. If you are afraid of your own dog there must be something wrong with the way you think. Why keep it? All depends what the purpose of the dog is. Is it a pet, a working dog eg. Sled, police, hunting? Some dogs are bred for meat.

• Dogs are animals!

Anyone who compares humans and dogs, Has serious issues and needs some professional help.
    If a dog tasted blood after an attack on another animal like sheep, And especially after an attack on a human, It must be put down as soon as possible.
    People who think otherwise, Are dangerous.

• Yes yes I am relevant

Should a human get put down for biting someone?" The answer is NO HUMANS SHOULD NOT GET PUT DOWN BECAUSE WE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN DOGS AND WE CANT DO AS MUCH DAMAGE FROM BITING SOMEONE. If a dog attacked someone to the point where they were killed or had any injuries it should be put down. Are you guys saying that if a dog bit you or your child to the extent that you had to get stitches or were almost killed you would want to keep it.

• Yes they should be put down.

Yes!! Dogs should be put down. Why?, well a dog bit my little brother going our way to the church my little brother lost a lot of blood. Weeks later my brother's finger nail came off. By the way the dog bit my little brother index finger. Ever sense that day my brother hates dogs. They couldn't find the dog anywhere. That's why dogs should be put down.

• Humans should be more valuable than dogs

I was attacked by a bull mastiff in my front yard. It escaped from the neighbor's porch and immediately took me down to ground, I had 150 staples in arms and leg. There are kids all around our neighborhood and it should not be left to attack one of them. It may be the neighbor's bad training, but I have suffered greatly because of that dog. I would not want someone else to go through same thing. I love dogs too, but when they cross the line they should be put down.

• No I don't think so

Dogs should not be out down because of biting, if a dog bites someone it is usually the persons, or the owners fault The person was either in the dogs face picking at it or the owner did train their dog properly. There is no way that a dog just bites a person for no reason.

• No..No..No... Should we put a kindergarten child down because it bit mine?

Here we have a classical case of should we kill the animal because of "reaction"... The owners of Pets should be more responsible and "raise their dog" instead of simply tolerating its presence. I have found it to be true that 9 out of 10 animals which have bit a human being have 1) bite due to before ongoing teasing by a human. 2) have been raised to be ill tempered by humans. 3) The Owner is anger Filled and treats their pet terrible to begin with.

• No, I do not think so.

Do humans get "put down" when they have harmed someone, no. Dogs shouldn't either, first of all, if the person is doing something that makes the dog bite them it is just the dogs instincts to defend itself.
    And when a dog bites someone for "no apparent reason" there is always a reason, the dog must feel threatened in some way.

• I believe dogs should not be put down for biting someone.

Dogs do give off warnings that they want left alone, Such as barking, Growling, Or baring teeth. People are given warning signs before attacked, And yet continue irritating the dog. In cases where the owner is attacked, Its not for no reason. The owner is most likely abusive and the dog feels the need to defend itself in this case. We don’t murder humans because they defend themselves, So why should we kill dogs? They have that right as well.

• Screw you people

Dogs< should not be executed if you guys didn't cause them so much stress with your bullshit kids. Maybe you should teach your kids how to treat the damn dog they have feelings too! If my dog bights your child out of stress i'm not sorry and he or she will ot be put down!

• No i'll tell u why

NO BECAUSE THINK OF IT IF ITS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND OR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT AND THEY NEED TO DIE. NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE NO ONE JUST THINK OF IT. I AM NOTHING AGAINST THIS. So plz do not kill dogs besides human population is larger then animal population ok.

• It is NOT the Dogs Fault

Dogs are dogs and if they bite someone it is NOT their fault. I believe that it is the owners as it is the way the dog has been trained and brought up. People " Train your dogs right " It is not the dog's fault. It's not right. Train them better. . . :)

• Just why them?

Why do dogs get put down when we don't and neither do cats can scratch your eye out but then dogs can only give you a deep wound why is one of the most protective animal getting punished its not FAIR! I don't get put down for hurting my friends!

• Nnnnnnnnnnnn n m

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n
    n n n n nn n n np n nnn nn n n n nn n n n n n n n

• Read this heartless creatures

So what if it snapped your daughter a few times, so what!
    Dogs make mistakes and dogs get annoyed and so do YOU! I’m pretty sure you’ve hurt someone before. Did your parents demand for you to be killed? Death penalty was taken away from Australia many ,many years ago, so why is it still around for dogs?

Preston says2014-07-01T19:12:53.160
Wow animal rights, apparently they deserve the rights humans do
>