Should dying people be kept on life support?

Asked by: mahegani
  • Pull the plug

Memories is all that's left behind
    As I lay and wait to die
    Little do they know
    That I hear their choice of life
    End it now, it is the only way
    Too cruel, that is what they say
    Release me from this lonely world
    There is no hope - Why don't you
    Pull the plug
    Let me pass away
    Pull the plug
    Don't want to life this way
    Once I had full control of my life
    I now behold a machine decides my fate
    End it now it's all to late
    What has now been days, it seems like years
    To stay like this is what I fear
    Life ends so fast, so take your chance
    And make it last
    End it now, it is the only way
    Too cruel, that is what they say
    Release me from this lonely world
    There is no hope - Why don't you
    Pull the plug
    Let me pass away
    Pull the plug
    Don't want to life this way

• Yes, dying people should be kept on life support.

Yes, if someone is brain dead, there is little to no chance of survival. BUT, let's say that something spontaneous happens, there is little life in the brain. Would you still want to take them off life support? I think not. There has been several miracle cases, where people have actually survived, due to the amazing thing we call life support. Also, if someone is in a coma, and has a chance of waking up, keep them on it! You wouldn't want to kill someone who still has a chance of living. Also, I feel as if it is the patient and the patient's family's choice. If that person wanted to be kept on life support, I feel as if you should keep them on it. If the patient didn't want to, then I also agree they shouldn't be on life support. Or, if the situation was where a kid was brain dead, I feel the family can step up, and say yes or no. I was once in a position where I had to choose my aunt's life or death; She was in a horrible accident and had gone into a coma. They said she would never wake up, and 2 months later, she had woken up, thanks to life support. Anyways, like I said, I feel that people should be kept on life support. Feel free to reply with how you feel! Have an amazing day. (:

• Dying people should be kept on life support

Dying people should be kept on life support because they should have the chance like everyone else to have the gift of life, and also be able to do all the things that everyone else does to conclude to never lose hope and be faithfull positively thinking can lead to great things

• Depending on the circumstances and on the living will and power of attorney

If someone is brain dead then they are legally dead and that is the right way to look at it.

However, say someone is in a coma. Maybe they will wake up someday. But maybe their living will says that if there is very little chance of this to pull the plug.

It's a complicated issue, but it boils down to freedom of choice. What does the person's living will say? Who has power of attorney? What do they think the person would've wanted?

• We can wait

If we keep them on life support maybe we can find a way to make them feel better or do something to help them live a little while to say goodbye because either way the doctor is going to make get you off life support. I agree to this. Leave dying people on life support

• Dying People Deserve To Be Kept On Life Support.

• Its A Family Decision

The family or friends should make the decision whether they want to keep the patient on life support or not. They may want to say their goodbyes and wish them a good afterlife. It is also respectful as a doctor to let the family / friends see them. Yes, it is hard to let go and the patent will most likely be brain dead, but this is juts out of respect and kindness to the mourning relatives. But keep them on life support until the family can say goodbye.

• Yes they do

Yes because imagine if it was your family member you would be trying to do everything in your power to help them. Yes yeas yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Yes i do think that dying People be kept on life support because they should have another chance like the other people.

That everyone agrees that dying people should be kept on life support because I think that the dying people should have a chance to live like other other and that it isn't fair because what if you die the company say that you will need support and you make sure that they give there money to there grandchildern

I was in that situation with my grandma. She was dying & her body was so tired. She was kept on life support for 3 days. She was way better after she woke up fully and got her strength back. She was better than ever. Everyone deserves a second chance!

• Nbjnnb bhhjbgb hhggv ghgfcg uffh yfhnbv fg

Juun iiu jb jn jb jb jk k ojdoj oj oj c jc j kd kh c f hhf hf fhfh fh fh h hf hf f f f hf fh hf hf hf fh hf hf hf hff f fh fh fhfh f f hf hf hf fh hf

• Death happens every day, Miracle doesn't

I have spent some time in hospital with my father when he fought with cancer, I saw how people suffered at the final stage, That's a no return road, All those treatment, Operations, ICU, Life support. . . Can do, Is to hold them a few days longer, But these are days full of pains. I regret everyday that I encouraged my father to take his final operation and suffered more instead of peacefully let him go.

• Understanding what's right!

You have to understand that if a person in your family is on the verge of dying, You should have enough decency to let them go peacefully. Its disgustingly selfish of you to let someone who you "love" have to suffer, Just because you don't want them to be taken out of your life

• No they should not

If someone who is particularly on life support after brain death they should be taken off of life support, even if it is against the family's wishes. After someone is declared brain dead over a period of time there is a minuscule chance of them being responsive again, and if they do become responsive again the chances of them being the same is close to none. The only thing that comes from a person who is brain dead on life support is raised health care costs and increased hospital funds needing to be used.

• Should feelings be held above logic?

They shouldnt be kept on life support because most are brain dead and wont wake up thet term thta is for common brain dead is the brain stem if thats it there dead. But if they are in a persistive vegative state give them a few months after that make the family choose because there might be little chance after that

the most popular argument on the yes side is a biased story because of what you and your family experienced but that might not be true for every one so i belive emotion s should be ept out of the argument and if you were trying to write agumentave point i feel and i belive shouldn't be there either

• Dying is part of life

How many people would want to see their family member that is dying go through suffering and pain if they have a zero percent chance of living life support could help people that have a big chance of surviving their problem. Because if your going to die its better to go out the natural way.

• It is wong

It is wrong people who are dying should not have to suffer more cause u cant let them go if they were in a coma it would be okay but if the person has no chances and they are dying u are making them suffer more then u need to

• Dying people should not be kept on life support

A person with no chance of surviving should not be kept on life support. Some people that are in a similar situation may have a chance of living, unlike the first person, and could use the life support to get them back on their feet and keep living. A pro of taking them off of life support would be it makes room for other people who have a chance. According to the website connectusfunds, “When life support is applied to the patient it only prolongs the dying process or would only maintain the patient in a condition of permanent unconsciousness” (USLegal). This shows that life support will not heal dying, it will only slow it down. A con of taking them off of it would be that family and the person them self may not have come to terms with death and still believe there is a chance. If there is medical evidence that the person will not live, then it should be fine to take them off. Although, it should be put off until consent from family is given. Therefore, a dying person should not be kept on life support if they have no chance.

• Low Chance of Healing

If you are brain-dead on life support, there is a slim to none chance of you surviving you put a financial burden on your family. The only reason why someone might stay on life support is so that their loved ones have the satisfaction of you being alive but all things must go.

• Poop gfhgf gd

Studded lolllololiol utdyuhyutyutyutryu fffff fff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f