Should educated people be the only ones allowed to vote in elections?

• We should raise the bar to Associates degree and higher

For those who are educated, there are a lot more who don't even know what the constitution is, they are the once that vote based on media propaganda and are easy persuade by tax cuts and more money in your pocket, those are majority and they don't really know who they are voting for. I say college associate degree should be the minimum requirements to vote. Even George Washington said, "we can't let the people vote, they are idiot, they'll just vote for any one on a horse wearing a uniform with shiny buttons"

• YES, and criteria for being educated person should be constantly improved.

I guess for start only people who graduated university should have rights to vote. I do not think they are only ones competent, or even that they are all competent . But it is a system allready existing in place that would produce better results then current in many countries. Its very difficult to make perfect system, but without changing it it wont be improved. I understand that in USA it slightly unair to segregate based on education because of high prices of tuition, but such case is not in Europe and there is no reason for education to not country's priority and sponsored by country for anyone willing especially if voting system is made accordingly as I proposed.

• Specialists are needed

We need people that actually know about subjects to choose a president, not just what people that don't know facts can be told and beleive in, it doesn't matter the reason why someone is not educated about a subject, just the fact the he or she is not, we must trust that the most educated people in the subject will choose the best, we don't go to hospitals telling the doctor what to give us, unless we are uneducated and we think we know more than a specialist

• Specialists are needed

• Yes of course

I guess Donald trump is a very good example ! Illiterate people just need to know how to find the reliable resources to know the truth and discover the full picture of the situation before voting. So till then I think they just represent other people's opinions who tell them the situation from their perspectives !

• Yes of course

• Look What Happened with Trump

Trump is a good example of why we need to raise the bar on voting. A vote is an important decision and the uneducated lack the knowledge and historical context to make appropriate decisions. This is most recently exemplified by the unfathomable election of Donald Trump, an action which may end up destroying the very fabric of American society.

• Rights mean responsibilities

Democracy is based on the quality of a country's people. The people have the right to vote and decide but on the other hand the people have the responsibility to pay tax, for example. The simplest way is: only people pay tax should vote. Why should those make no contribution to the society be granted the right to make decisions for the country? Isn't this a common sense?

• A test on basic government knowledge.

Having a test to see whether or not you know something about the government seems like a good idea in my opinion. I know in the past the states gave a test to minorities in order to prevent them from voting, but giving it to everyone would not be a bad idea. I know it may be time-consuming but in the end, it would show who has the ability to understand how their vote will affect them.

• A test on basic government knowledge.

• Voting is Everyone's Right!

No, educated people should not be the only ones allowed to vote in elections. One of the freedoms that make this such a great country is that every citizen has the right to vote. There are thousands of people who never had the opportunity or the means to attend college. Many of these people are self-educated and quite able hold their own with “educated people” so this term should not even exist. Everyone who casts their vote does it based on who they feel is the right person for the office. There are just as many undecided voters among “educated people” as there are in the rest of the population.

• Uneducated people usually don't vote anyway

Define Educated. Not like your vote counts anyway probably because the educated rigged the system already so i would say people who vote fall under uneducated. Sarcasim for a dumb topic. I always vote i think voting should be a requirement and so should education that is if voting mattered.

• Voter Restriction Bonanza?

This makes no sense. What other arbitrary requirements can we come up with...Perhaps an income requirement? Perhaps only those with drivers' licenses? Maybe only homeowners? Parents only? If we start inventing restrictions, beside the current age and citizenship, where do we stop? Everyone has an interest in having the vote go their own way, but we don't get to tilt the table in our favor.

• It isn't a law.

No one has made a law saying that only educated people should vote. If you say yes and there wasn't a specific age, you would be saying it would be OK for a kindergartner to vote! We can't have that. Plus that is totally unfair because 14% of adults in the US are illiterate, or they can't read to well, so if that ever does happen, where only the educated can vote, you just lost 14% pf voters. And that is bad

• Everyone of legal age has the right to vote

No, I do not believe that only "educated people" should be allowed to vote in elections. I say this because, what is the actual definition of educated? Is it referring to completing high school, some college hours, a college degree, etc? If only "educated people" were allowed to vote and it was based on college, then many people that just could not afford to attend college would be omitted from the voting list.

• This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

That is so discriminatory and ignorant. It'a just like saying a certain race can't vote. If you can't afford an education you shouldn't be denied the right to have a say in the way your government is run and therefore the life that you have. It is disgusting that people would even consider this, let alone support it.

• Everybody should vote!

It wouldn't be fare and i don't see why uneducated people would not be allowed to vote. It would be a bit like racism only it's about the right to vote. Plus everybody has the right to vote! Apart from prisoners. I don't think they should vote. Please like this.

• Not a Requirement

Last I checked, the requirements to be able to vote are pretty simple: you need to be a citizen of the country and registered to vote, meaning at least 18 years of age. A certain level of education should not be required for two reasons: it penalizes those of us who are less educated but still research the candidates and issues, and it rewards those who have an education but couldn't care less about the election the person intends to vote on!

• no everybody has same nationaism

every citizen of this country is responsible for the nation's growth in ever-present. Voters provide equality in nationality and difference in cost regionalism is avoided. educated people may abuse the resource. They may use their loved one on the basis of profit. uneducated people may differ from their thought they may want change. so everybody must be counted for vote.

• The vote always wins

Historically, The vote always wins. Over a century, The right to vote has seen many improvements. Men and women alike have earned their right to vote regardless of race. Adults legally of age have earned their right to vote. The vote can only enhance, Not recede.

The constitution has established voter rights from centuries, And centuries to come. To restrict one's right to vote based upon education adds no value. Argumentatively, One could say that because one earns a degree does not reflect moral, Integrity, Patriotism or intelligence. In fact, To some, This may be in direct violation of their life, Liberty, And pursuit of happiness. Not all professions require a degree, So not everyone attends university. Does this make any one person more intelligent than another? No. A citizen's right to vote is vital to our country, And for all the vote has won, It will likely not see this restriction made possible.

>