Should Elementary students have relationships? (ex. Dating, kissing)

• Of course, Why not?

It is only puppy love, A lot of people in the "against" side of the debate are arguing that, If anything were to go wrong, It would leave a traumatic effect on said child. Of course, This could most definitely happen. However, There's no need to take it so seriously. It is only puppy love, These things have a REALLY slim chance of happening to a CHILD. And even so, The relationship will get broken up quickly and easily, Since the child would be leaving the school soon, For middle school, The said "dating" will inevitably not last forever.

• I think so.

It just seems very unlikely for any child to have a relationship that goes terribly, It seems like there would be more risks whilst dating in the adult world than the child world. Traumatic events are VERY, VERY unlikely to happen to such small children, And very few students will start to think about engaging in sexual activities, Even less likely act out on them. At the end of the day, School will most likely service well as a life support in case something does go wrong and the parent of said child/children can't do anything about it, Which is unlikely, Still. So, Yes, I think children most definitely should start to date, As long as they're over 9 years old, Which I think that anything under is an unacceptable age.

• An elementary schooler's opinion, I think so.

I think that it is definitely okay to bring these sorts of things into children's lives, As they can figure out what they like in a partner by exploring early on into their lives, And avoid mishaps that may occur later on. Obviously, I think that 3rd grade and under are a bit too young for this sort of thing, But it should be okay for 4th graders and up to date and things like that. I think this because when you hit mid-4th grade, Some of us start to have hormonal changes, And I think it is perfectly normal to have crushes within your class at this age, And perhaps consider dating a boy/girl that you like, Because it is just a way of your mind telling you that you're growing up. I could be biased, But I also don't believe that most children this age, With some MALE exceptions, Will start to even consider the possibility of indulging in sexual relations. Also, It is good that they learn about what kind of partner to look out for, Or to consider these things, To make sure that they don't end up in a very toxic relationship. Although, Everyone has different opinions, And I think, As long as it isn't affecting the child until they cannot think of anything else, Or it is having a bad effect on work, Then, It should be up to the child to decide when they would like to participate in romance, So that THEY can have a choice in the matter, And choose for themselves, Because dating for students isn't actually as dangerous as you would imagine. They're young, So nothing can really go wrong, As it can in adult life, With a few rare exceptions. Therefore, My conclusion is that children should be able to CHOOSE THE ANSWER TO THIS FOR THEMSELVES, But, I, As a person, Am not against it at all. I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

• Yes yes yes

THE flirtatious glances and giggling whispers that punctuate lunchroom chatter at the Ardsley Middle School would be unremarkable for seventh- and eighth-grade students practicing dating skills.

What is remarkable is that the exchanges are taking place between 10- and 11-year-old fifth graders, many arranging dates for a Saturday night movie, discussing plans for boy-girl parties or gossiping about who is pairing off with whom.

So, I say yes!

• I don't think that elementary kids should be dating.

Kids from K to 5 don't really understand the concept. They can be doing things they aren't supposed to do because they are dating. Also, they could be spending their time on that when they could've been studying for a math test or maybe even doing their homework, which is a big part of their grade. It can also somehow drive the kids' minds to think about doing sexual intercourse with whoever they are dating.

• They're too young.

They don't even have the hormones to experience that feeling of falling in love. They clearly won't keep a relationship, either. Back when I was in elementary school kids always claimed to date each other and came up with break ups and new dates and such, surely they aren't mature enough to have real relationships.

• I'm in elementary and this is my opinion!

I am an elementary student and i think we should not have students date or have a relationship because our age is too young for dating or kissing and all of that for many reasons, first reason is that my friend dated a guy in my school and he asked for nudes and he humiliated her and sent the pics all around school so sometimes relationships wouldn't be the best thing and boys these days only want nudes so its just a warning (Child pornography!)
    Second is that: grades could get lower because they r too busy texting, hanging out, talking and face timing them rather then doing work and completing whats due,
    Third is: it could somehow lead to sexual intercourse, probably because of how much they like each other i cant really explain it but my friend had sexual intercourse with her boyfriend but she didn't want that, but it just happens; warning that some boys (not all) can be f*ckboys so they just want something like sexual intercourse or nudes and they would leave you and then kinda show everyone or tell everyone what happened and stuff. SO I WARN ALL GIRLS IN ELEMENTARY TO NOT REALLY GET INVOLVED IN DATING AT THIS TIME BECAUSE WE ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TILL HIGH SCHOOL GRADE 10 OR 11, WHERE WE CAN ACTUALLY BE MATURE AND NOT BE USED BY SOME GUYS.

• No, definitely not!

Children today are growing up in broken homes, living at two or more houses back and forth, because of relationships gone bad. Children (while I agree that they should explore what they like and what they don't) do not need a premature introduction to dating, romance, and eventually sex. There is a proper time and place in which they will learn about all of that and get to try it out on there own, however, dating and kissing etc. is definitely not for such a young audience.

• Too Young, So no....

There's a time and age and place for everything. Dating is not just two people liking each other. There are a lot of traumatic experiences that can come with dating. God forbid, but if somebody dates that young and something terrible happens the child can acquire PTSD and other unspeakable things. I also feel that with children now a days, if it is acceptable for them to begin dating at a young age then they may also begin engaging in sexual activities at a young age, which increases the risk of more pregnancies and also potentially increasing amount of teen pregnancies. So no I don't stand for this.

• No They Shouldn't. They are Still elementary students.

No They Shouldn't because they are still elementary students. They have to focus more on their studying. Also, they are too early to have relationships. They are too young to have relationships that adults do. For these two reasons, I think Elementary school students should not have unhealthy relationships everyone.

>