• Yes kids should have trophy

Kids should be proud for what they have done! As a kid i like to be rewarded it makes me feel good about myself and then after I get the trophy i try harder so I can get better so yes kids should most definitly get a trophy sincerely Riley !

• At least they tried

Every kid tries their hardest. Maybe they don't deserve the biggest and best award, but they tried just as much as the "winning team". People say, "...Their best isn't good enough..." ,but not every kid on the "winning teams" best was good enough, only those select few. Why should every kid on that team get the big prize if only a few did the work? Every kid deserves something, even if its small. It feels good to know that you were acknowledged and treated good for you efforts on the team. Not every kid becomes an NFL star, but at least the kids tried their hardest to make the draft.

• Yes yes yes

Kids feel bad when they don't win. I feel bad when I loose. It's just not fair. I want a trophy you want a trophy; we deserve trophies. It's like saying " You tried but you're horrible." I mean that's rude. This makes kids jealous and alienated. I think we deserve trophies for participating .

• Went back and forth but I have come a conclusion

The way I see it giving everyone a little trophy is fine. Give the dope fancy ones to the best. In high school my coach at the end of the year gave everyone a certificate for wrestling at the end of the year banquet. However the two state champions got special plaques. Everyone got a token for the participation but the two exceptional guys got something extra and def earned it. Kids at an early age knows everyone gets a trophy and knows its "to be nice". The extra thing that stamps/solidifies first place or most goals scored is more important. Plus the kids who don't try don't care about the token trophy anyways.

• Kids/teens all get a trophy.

All kids should get a trophy ,even if the others might get bigger ones ,they tried and practice and everything or put their heart into it. A team isn't on player ,I don't see one football player out on a feild ,I see a team! Some people might not agree with me ,but many kids/teens also keep their grades up for working hard in sports and a trophy just means the world to them and makes them want to work hard in school,play had and have fun!!!!!!!

• Because I don't even have one yet!

It gives you better grades and also it's not about winning it's about having good sportmentship and you would harder and stronger. Also winning is a hard thing it's not really easy to get a trophy if you had to win. But in the other hand it would be easier if you just come and you get it.

• Yes they should

It doesn't matter if you have never played or if you have ever done that one thing because you should at least get a reward for trying or at least participating.You don't need to be good at it as long as you can do it.Kids need to be motivated so give it to them.

• Yes for trophys

Imagine you're the best player in the league, and you leave empty handed because your team came in 4th, meanwhile the worst kid in the league comes in first and has no skill what so ever, its not fair! That kid that came in first deserved a trophy more than the kid that came in fourth. Most American adults believe that if athletes don’t come in first place then you don’t get a trophy. When the majority of kids believe that they deserve a trophy, even if they don't come in first. Also because it makes you feel dedicated. And, you still get something even if you don’t win, making you feel special and not depressed. In addition, it’s not fair if the worst kid on the team wins first, when you deserved it more because you have more skill.

First reason, the majority of American adults believe that kids that don't come in first should not get a trophy. In fact 57% of adults think that kids one the first place team “become discouraged” when they see other kids get a trophy, that didn't come in first. However, 57% of American kids claim that they deserve a trophy after they participate in a team sport, after all it is the kids that are playing. It also gives kids a sense of accomplishment,and they tell stories, by saying I remember that team,its not just for recognition its for the remembrance of when you look back at the fun memories you had while on that team.According to the article,Should kids get a trophy.Author perez argues that Trophies act as an important marker, to say 'I did this, I finished this. " it's also for the participation you put in,and the effort that you took to join a team.

Second reason, some parents want to see their kids be happy when they get a trophy.According to the article, My loser kid should get a trophy,by author Brandy Zadrozny it said, “My 4-year-old is starting soccer in the fall. Now, I don’t care how good he is at the sport. Win or lose, that kid’s coming home with a trophy.” When you give a kid a trophy

• Kids deserve awards.

I believe all kids should get awards. I am on a swim team, and me and all my other friends work are tails off and also have great sportsmanship. We come to practice to improve and get better as an individual. Kids get hurt my not getting an award so I believe every athlete deserves an award for the season or at least a medal.

• Trophies are positive

I say yes, until a child gets into the 5th grade. The youngsters need encouragement along the way as they learn to play a particular game. Some of the younger kids can't even get on a basketball court as first graders, yet with continuing growth through the next few years, they learn to compete better, learn how to win/lose, learn how to work as a member of a team, and learn more about winning and losing.

• Kids need to learn to lose

The kids that do the best to their ability and the kids that don't sometimes get the same awards. Kids should work hard in order to be awarded and the kids that don't try their hardest need to know that it is ok to lose and that not everything in life turns out the way that they want to.

• Kids won't work hard

How will kids learn to strive for success if, no matter what, they get the trophy? It is things like this that are making the younger generation, my generation, increasingly lazy. Athletics are how many kids learn that hard work creates success and also how to cope with failure. If you take that away by giving the losers a trophy, kids will not change their attitude or work ethic because in the end they are given the same reward as everyone else

• Only if he earns it

I think that trophies should be earned through victory and by simply giving it away for nothing is just plain idiotic and stupid because you are robbing the glory away from the other kids who worked hard for their victory. People need to stop spoiling their children so that they wont be conceited and self centered when they grow up.

• Some people don't deserve them

Some kids don't deserve trophies. They are maybe lying in the field all game. Maybe they don't even try. Sometimes, they never even show up. All of these reasons prove that they don't help the team. Therefore, that kid shouldn't get a trophy. The kid knows they don't deserve it and so does everyone else.

• They shouldn't because then they wont try to achieve

I believe that kids should try and earn their awards and trophy's. If kids believe that doing nothing gets
    them awards they will become underachievers. Some people say that games are not as fun with winners or losers. But if nobody wins they may learn not to stand up for themselves. This is why I believe that children should earn their trophies and awards. Written by Seth C. Comer Age 11

• Its not fair

I dont think all kids that play should get a trophy. Because what is the whole point in playing a games aginst each other when you all get a trophy.
    Your competing and only one person will get the trophy. You wouldnt understand the whole games if you just showed up and got a trophy at the end

• Dabating on if kids should get trophys

I don't think all kids should get trophys. Because if only one team winns a day that wont be fair to the otherc team cause they wont have a trophy. And also NO because what if one team winns every single day and gets trophys every day and the other team does not that wont be fair to one team because the other team would get the trophys every day so whats the point of buying trophys if you know only one team gets the trophys every day.

• Some kids actually try

Some kids don't even try to play so they shouldn't get rewarded for NOT playing. Also it is not fair to the kids who actually try, because they should know that they did well. I myself have been on a team where every one got a trophy, even the ones who were on the bench the whole time got trophies and i really wasn't fair. So over all only kids who try should get rewarded.

• No, because kids wont get better

Kids are coming home from sports games sad even though they got the trophy. It could be because they didn’t have fun, or because they got scored on. No, it’s because they won, and the other team got the same trophy. The kids play a game and win but the kids who lose get the same trophy, because it’s a law now that all teams in a sports league will be rewarded with a trophy. Kids don’t have a good time, like already said, and don’t improve at their sport, because everyone gets the same trophy.
    The kids who earn the trophies should be the only kids who bring them home. The trophies will lose their meaning if the kids who didn’t do well get one, while the better players earn the same. According to the SCOPE Magazine article by Lauren Tarshis, “‘This has become practically players would spend entire games sitting on the bench. Today, rules in many leagues require equal playing time for all team members ‘The focus isn’t on winning.’ says Coffin. ‘It’s about building skills’” (Tarshis 26). This shows that kids will just come to a game, sit on the bench the whole time. Then, at the end of the game, they take home the trophy just to show that they can do something someone else can. Imagine a kid playing a team with bad players. The better team wins by far but the other team brings home the same trophy. The kid would feel horrible. Imagine the kid being on the other team. The bad team would feel like they’re such a talented players when they’re not. The winners were the ones who won the trophies, so they should be the only players receiving them, not the benchwarmers.
    Kids will be very melancholy since they are getting equivalent trophies as the losing team. Lots of kids also don’t improve on their playing skills and talents because they feel they aren’t any better than the others. Any kid would give anything to have that giant trophy with the stars and patterns put on the top. If there is no huge trophy, no kids are going to give anything at all to do their best, or even play the game at all.

• This is why I think kids on a sports team should not get a trophy

Kids should earn the prize. If a kid cry's well that kid need to man up. That kid would be a little brat and spoiled kid. The kids need to learn their lesson. Other parents would be like my kid did all the work and that kid gets a trophy not my kid