• Yes kids should have trophy

Kids should be proud for what they have done! As a kid i like to be rewarded it makes me feel good about myself and then after I get the trophy i try harder so I can get better so yes kids should most definitly get a trophy sincerely Riley !

• At least they tried

Every kid tries their hardest. Maybe they don't deserve the biggest and best award, but they tried just as much as the "winning team". People say, "...Their best isn't good enough..." ,but not every kid on the "winning teams" best was good enough, only those select few. Why should every kid on that team get the big prize if only a few did the work? Every kid deserves something, even if its small. It feels good to know that you were acknowledged and treated good for you efforts on the team. Not every kid becomes an NFL star, but at least the kids tried their hardest to make the draft.

• Yes yes yes

Kids feel bad when they don't win. I feel bad when I loose. It's just not fair. I want a trophy you want a trophy; we deserve trophies. It's like saying " You tried but you're horrible." I mean that's rude. This makes kids jealous and alienated. I think we deserve trophies for participating .

• Went back and forth but I have come a conclusion

The way I see it giving everyone a little trophy is fine. Give the dope fancy ones to the best. In high school my coach at the end of the year gave everyone a certificate for wrestling at the end of the year banquet. However the two state champions got special plaques. Everyone got a token for the participation but the two exceptional guys got something extra and def earned it. Kids at an early age knows everyone gets a trophy and knows its "to be nice". The extra thing that stamps/solidifies first place or most goals scored is more important. Plus the kids who don't try don't care about the token trophy anyways.

• Kids/teens all get a trophy.

All kids should get a trophy ,even if the others might get bigger ones ,they tried and practice and everything or put their heart into it. A team isn't on player ,I don't see one football player out on a feild ,I see a team! Some people might not agree with me ,but many kids/teens also keep their grades up for working hard in sports and a trophy just means the world to them and makes them want to work hard in school,play had and have fun!!!!!!!

• Because I don't even have one yet!

It gives you better grades and also it's not about winning it's about having good sportmentship and you would harder and stronger. Also winning is a hard thing it's not really easy to get a trophy if you had to win. But in the other hand it would be easier if you just come and you get it.

• Yes they should

It doesn't matter if you have never played or if you have ever done that one thing because you should at least get a reward for trying or at least participating.You don't need to be good at it as long as you can do it.Kids need to be motivated so give it to them.

• Yes for trophys

Imagine you're the best player in the league, and you leave empty handed because your team came in 4th, meanwhile the worst kid in the league comes in first and has no skill what so ever, its not fair! That kid that came in first deserved a trophy more than the kid that came in fourth. Most American adults believe that if athletes don’t come in first place then you don’t get a trophy. When the majority of kids believe that they deserve a trophy, even if they don't come in first. Also because it makes you feel dedicated. And, you still get something even if you don’t win, making you feel special and not depressed. In addition, it’s not fair if the worst kid on the team wins first, when you deserved it more because you have more skill.

First reason, the majority of American adults believe that kids that don't come in first should not get a trophy. In fact 57% of adults think that kids one the first place team “become discouraged” when they see other kids get a trophy, that didn't come in first. However, 57% of American kids claim that they deserve a trophy after they participate in a team sport, after all it is the kids that are playing. It also gives kids a sense of accomplishment,and they tell stories, by saying I remember that team,its not just for recognition its for the remembrance of when you look back at the fun memories you had while on that team.According to the article,Should kids get a trophy.Author perez argues that Trophies act as an important marker, to say 'I did this, I finished this. " it's also for the participation you put in,and the effort that you took to join a team.

Second reason, some parents want to see their kids be happy when they get a trophy.According to the article, My loser kid should get a trophy,by author Brandy Zadrozny it said, “My 4-year-old is starting soccer in the fall. Now, I don’t care how good he is at the sport. Win or lose, that kid’s coming home with a trophy.” When you give a kid a trophy

• Kids deserve awards.

I believe all kids should get awards. I am on a swim team, and me and all my other friends work are tails off and also have great sportsmanship. We come to practice to improve and get better as an individual. Kids get hurt my not getting an award so I believe every athlete deserves an award for the season or at least a medal.

• Trophies are positive

I say yes, until a child gets into the 5th grade. The youngsters need encouragement along the way as they learn to play a particular game. Some of the younger kids can't even get on a basketball court as first graders, yet with continuing growth through the next few years, they learn to compete better, learn how to win/lose, learn how to work as a member of a team, and learn more about winning and losing.

• Beacause they just particeipated you just answered your own quetion like in 5 grade we just got a printed peace of paper for particeipateng

My argument is that you just is just for particeipateing for it like if i just played softball for the whole season and didn't get to and got trophies and ring and stuff and never played that is not good so that was i thought it was not right to get and you did not get anything so theres my argumrent

• No they should work for it

Not every kid should get a trophy because kids that deserve a trophy get the same trophy as the kids that don't deserve a trophy and kids won't learn how to work for something if they just get a trophy for participating and not even trying that hard and i also think that not giving every kid a trophy might make kids work hard to get a trophy.

• No, kids do not need trophies

No because when they get older they just wont show up and think their going to get a trophy and it is not fair for the ones who work to get theirs and plus they need to work for one and then they will be more active and have better grades

• It is not fair

It is not fair for someone who worked their heart out to win and get the same trophy as someone who didn't even try. If people just keep giving kids trophies for nothing, when the kids get older, they are just going to expect it and that is not the way things just go, you should have to earn those trophies.

• They should earn them

It is not fair to the kids that earn them to get the same as the kids that did not earn them so i say no to every one who wants a trophy for just playing I HATE GIVING PEOPLE TROPHIES IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET AT LEAST 1ST 2ND OR 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Not all should get a trophy

Lets say if the top forty get the same trophy as number one they lose their meanings to the winner.I think that if they are in kindergarten that they could get a participation ribbon,they should earn the award not let them have it for not doing any work while the winners did.

• Kid should have to work for what they want

Its not fair if the 8th ranked team gets the same trophy as the 1st place team, but if they're like 6 years old its probably ok for every one to get a trophy, i mean like they probably not even gonna remember ever getting that trophy anyway so i believe they should earn them.

• They need to work for it

No they should not. Kids are getting a trophy for just coming to the games. In the real world you don't get employ of the month just for coming to work. We are teaching kids that they don't have to work for anything leaving them a uncertain future for them and are country.

• No, every kid doesn't need a trophy.

Can you imagine everyone getting a trophy just for being at every practice? What if everyone's was the same size as the star player? Some people think it’s unfair to leave a child without a trophy. However, others believe that it does more harm than good when everyone gets a trophy. If every kid got a trophy they would soon lose their value, kids wouldn’t work hard to earn them, and they are not the best way to motivate kids.

• No we shouldn't give participation trophies

We shouldn't give kids participation trophies because it sends them the wrong message. Did the eagles get participation trophies?NO they worked for it. The browns are terrible and they don't get trophies because they don't deserve it. So why should we raise brats who expect trophies? Give the trophies to the winners.