• Yes they should

Because all kids try hard and they work to the best of their ability. They all go to practice and work the same amount. They are just kids and do not need to get to the competitive level yet that makes the game not as fun. This is only the beginning.

• Yes because the

Idea is MOTIVATE kids to play sports and have fun.A person doesn't get A's just for coming to class.A worker doesn't get rasie just for arriving on time.Shouidn't only the hardest-working or highest performing athletes get the trophies?NO kids should get a chance to be famous or have alot fun

• Yes they should

Perhaps a team of little three year old soccer players are playing. And the other team wins. So the other team gets a trophy. And then the three year olds start crying. They're just kids! No need for competitions yet!And trophies encourage kids to keep doing that sport or thing. Sports can lead to higher grades and better fitness levels.

• They Shouldn't get

A trophy because it makes the kid think that he/her will get a trophy every time they play a season. But it dosen't work that way. In the big time sports only one team gets one trophy, but if they make it to high school sports only the team that wins state still only one trophy.But little kids geting trophys ,no. They might think they'll get one every year.

• Everybody needs a trophy...So yes

Kids in school need sports to keep them well fit and motivated.People say that it is all about fun,but that is hard to do when people rub it in your face because they won and that is all they care about.Lets have fun and raise self esteem.Everyone does amazing on the team,but gets no credit.Maybe that is what people need in life.People punish others who do bad...In sports it is not in that way.Take the opportunity to make it better

• Yes they should

Kids have gotton very depressed over not winning a game or two, so just give them some thing to show they tried and did well. And most childrens sports centers already do this at the end of the season every one gets a medal. The kids who did well really know that, that medal stands for some thing. The ones who didnt dont really care about it. So just give every body a medal so no body gets depressed for trying but not winning.

• Should every kid get a trophy

Yes, I think every kid should get a trophy because the trophy would motivate the kids. They would try the best they can do to get good grades/scores to get a trophy.The kids would be going into good college because they made good grades, so they can get a trophy.

• Yes they should

Yes to boost kids self esteem so they dont cry when they dont win and they will all feel like super stars and for the nerdy kids who dont play that many sports. They will feel appreciated and not like they are that good. The coaches can still favor the star kid but also everybody else.

• Yes every kid on the team should get a trophy

If there is a volleyball team and there is a b team but they a team won conference the b team should still get a trophy because the b team played the whole school year and did their best isn't that enough? I think if they try their best that's enough!

• Yes they should,

I think that because they are all still trying. They are little kids and they don't need to know what it is like to lose. They are just playing for fun and do not need to reach the competitive levels so that only the kids that "deserved" it will get one.

• NO free trophies

Why should you give people who didn't win awards? What have they done to deserve it? What if they just treated it like a blow-over and slacked off the whole time? Meanwhile, Someone else has worked very, Very hard to get an award, And the result? Everyone gets a reward! Is it fair? No!

• NO Free Trophies

I believe not everyone should get rewards. This is because if you just get a reward for participating, Even though you did really sloppy, Yes, Sure, It's encouraging, But not the kind of encouragement you need to do better. Giving losers a trophy is like telling them the thing that they did badly is correct, And that they can continue that sloppy job and still except to receive a reward.

It also makes the winners feel sad and feel like the trophy was for nothing. It's practically equivalent to giving them nothing if everyone gets one. For example, I competed so hard in a race and the result? It was the teacher giving everyone a prize. I felt very angry, That the people who were just walking and chatting got one too, Without ANY effort put in.

• No no no

I believe that not all kids should recieve trophies because, If the kid that worked their butt off to got same trophy as the kid who sat in the grass blowing dandelions, He would be upset. So i believe if you want a trophy you better work for it.

• I don't think so. .

Imagne your kid, Just getting a trophy from millions of kids, You would be proud, Right? Well if everyone gets a trophy, It would make the kid happy but not as much happy as if they got it in frount of millions. They would even be more competitive and engaged as before. They might even started pracisting more to get the trophy.

• No unearned Trophies

If your kid really needs something because they showed up, Then give them a framed copy of the attendance sheet. That way you can save the actual trophy for the winner. Then make a few ribbons for second and third place. Treat everyone to a post-event party when it's over.

• Doesn't teach them anything

I believe this teaches children to value what they will win, Whether or not they played well or not. I believe individual awards within the team are fine, But come on people. Teach kids what losing is about and the value behind working hard towards an end goal, More value.

• No no no

Not every kid needs a trophy if kids has 50 and gets 5 more where are the kids gonna put the extra 5 trophies if the kids have to many. I think every kid does not need a trophy 5 kids could but not 1, 000, 000 that would be weird,

• No no no

Not every kid should get a trophy I know it won’t boost their confidence very much, But only winners should get the trophy. If the kid just keeps getting participation trophies it will just make a big pile of the trophies in him room scattered around! If they know they get participation trophies they won’t do anything at the game.

• Trophies aren't important

When you are little, You might want to get a trophy, But when you get older, Kids start getting competitive, And you would not want to use competitive in the wrong way. You would want to work hard and earn it. Not just get them for doing one little thing.

• Not Every Kid Should Get A Trophy.

Coming from a cheerleader when I got my first trophy I was so happy! But then after a while I realized everyone got a trophy and not to be rude but even the girls who weren't that good got a trophy and it made me feel bad. I got the trophy from the coaches and I mean what was the coaches saying your bad but here is a trophy, Your just like everyone else not special, Or your good but you don't get anything special for working hard? Each one of these ways don't feel good.