• Went back and forth but I have come a conclusion

The way I see it giving everyone a little trophy is fine. Give the dope fancy ones to the best. In high school my coach at the end of the year gave everyone a certificate for wrestling at the end of the year banquet. However the two state champions got special plaques. Everyone got a token for the participation but the two exceptional guys got something extra and def earned it. Kids at an early age knows everyone gets a trophy and knows its "to be nice". The extra thing that stamps/solidifies first place or most goals scored is more important. Plus the kids who don't try don't care about the token trophy anyways.

• Kids/teens all get a trophy.

All kids should get a trophy ,even if the others might get bigger ones ,they tried and practice and everything or put their heart into it. A team isn't on player ,I don't see one football player out on a feild ,I see a team! Some people might not agree with me ,but many kids/teens also keep their grades up for working hard in sports and a trophy just means the world to them and makes them want to work hard in school,play had and have fun!!!!!!!

• Because I don't even have one yet!

It gives you better grades and also it's not about winning it's about having good sportmentship and you would harder and stronger. Also winning is a hard thing it's not really easy to get a trophy if you had to win. But in the other hand it would be easier if you just come and you get it.

• Yes they should

It doesn't matter if you have never played or if you have ever done that one thing because you should at least get a reward for trying or at least participating.You don't need to be good at it as long as you can do it.Kids need to be motivated so give it to them.

• Yes for trophys

Imagine you're the best player in the league, and you leave empty handed because your team came in 4th, meanwhile the worst kid in the league comes in first and has no skill what so ever, its not fair! That kid that came in first deserved a trophy more than the kid that came in fourth. Most American adults believe that if athletes don’t come in first place then you don’t get a trophy. When the majority of kids believe that they deserve a trophy, even if they don't come in first. Also because it makes you feel dedicated. And, you still get something even if you don’t win, making you feel special and not depressed. In addition, it’s not fair if the worst kid on the team wins first, when you deserved it more because you have more skill.

First reason, the majority of American adults believe that kids that don't come in first should not get a trophy. In fact 57% of adults think that kids one the first place team “become discouraged” when they see other kids get a trophy, that didn't come in first. However, 57% of American kids claim that they deserve a trophy after they participate in a team sport, after all it is the kids that are playing. It also gives kids a sense of accomplishment,and they tell stories, by saying I remember that team,its not just for recognition its for the remembrance of when you look back at the fun memories you had while on that team.According to the article,Should kids get a trophy.Author perez argues that Trophies act as an important marker, to say 'I did this, I finished this. " it's also for the participation you put in,and the effort that you took to join a team.

Second reason, some parents want to see their kids be happy when they get a trophy.According to the article, My loser kid should get a trophy,by author Brandy Zadrozny it said, “My 4-year-old is starting soccer in the fall. Now, I don’t care how good he is at the sport. Win or lose, that kid’s coming home with a trophy.” When you give a kid a trophy

• Kids deserve awards.

I believe all kids should get awards. I am on a swim team, and me and all my other friends work are tails off and also have great sportsmanship. We come to practice to improve and get better as an individual. Kids get hurt my not getting an award so I believe every athlete deserves an award for the season or at least a medal.

• Trophies are positive

I say yes, until a child gets into the 5th grade. The youngsters need encouragement along the way as they learn to play a particular game. Some of the younger kids can't even get on a basketball court as first graders, yet with continuing growth through the next few years, they learn to compete better, learn how to win/lose, learn how to work as a member of a team, and learn more about winning and losing.

• Yes trophies for all..

Think of it like this everyone should be rewarded for their
    efforts. Declaring a winner and a loser is clear and everyone under stands this. Small participant trophy is like a thank you for trying. They all have to put some effort into playing the game. Think of the poor kids that sits on the sideline and rarely gets to play.
    This concept of only a few kids getting trophies teaches are kids the the other kids don't matter despite their efforts.! Would you go to work and not get paid? If you take away trophies for all kids then the coaches should stop showing favoritism to the star players and play all kids equally and switch up the positions on the field .
    If you think it's unfair to give trophies to all kids then
    treat all kids the same and give them all the same playing time.
    So they can at least have the opportunity to better their skills and develop some confidence.

• YES... Trophies for all participants.

I think the winners should receive a much bigger trophy
    1st place trophys should be brighter,shiny, bigger and special. Size should dictate 1st 2nd and 3rd places.
    Having a small participant trophy rewards kids
    for trying, practicing and showing up. The kids
    that win 1st place need the other kids to
    to practice with, run drills and get support from teammates.
    You can't have a winning team if they don't have the other teams to play against. We declare winning and a losing each game or sport.
    All kids understand this concept in all sports.
    Give a participant trophy to all kids on all teams.
    So they know they accomplished something .
    Remember there is no I in TEAM!!!!

• Yes kids should have trophy

Kids should be proud for what they have done! As a kid i like to be rewarded it makes me feel good about myself and then after I get the trophy i try harder so I can get better so yes kids should most definitly get a trophy sincerely Riley !

• NO free trophies

Why should you give people who didn't win awards? What have they done to deserve it? What if they just treated it like a blow-over and slacked off the whole time? Meanwhile, Someone else has worked very, Very hard to get an award, And the result? Everyone gets a reward! Is it fair? No!

• NO Free Trophies

I believe not everyone should get rewards. This is because if you just get a reward for participating, Even though you did really sloppy, Yes, Sure, It's encouraging, But not the kind of encouragement you need to do better. Giving losers a trophy is like telling them the thing that they did badly is correct, And that they can continue that sloppy job and still except to receive a reward.

It also makes the winners feel sad and feel like the trophy was for nothing. It's practically equivalent to giving them nothing if everyone gets one. For example, I competed so hard in a race and the result? It was the teacher giving everyone a prize. I felt very angry, That the people who were just walking and chatting got one too, Without ANY effort put in.

• No no no

I believe that not all kids should recieve trophies because, If the kid that worked their butt off to got same trophy as the kid who sat in the grass blowing dandelions, He would be upset. So i believe if you want a trophy you better work for it.

• I don't think so. .

Imagne your kid, Just getting a trophy from millions of kids, You would be proud, Right? Well if everyone gets a trophy, It would make the kid happy but not as much happy as if they got it in frount of millions. They would even be more competitive and engaged as before. They might even started pracisting more to get the trophy.

• No unearned Trophies

If your kid really needs something because they showed up, Then give them a framed copy of the attendance sheet. That way you can save the actual trophy for the winner. Then make a few ribbons for second and third place. Treat everyone to a post-event party when it's over.

• Doesn't teach them anything

I believe this teaches children to value what they will win, Whether or not they played well or not. I believe individual awards within the team are fine, But come on people. Teach kids what losing is about and the value behind working hard towards an end goal, More value.

• No no no

Not every kid needs a trophy if kids has 50 and gets 5 more where are the kids gonna put the extra 5 trophies if the kids have to many. I think every kid does not need a trophy 5 kids could but not 1, 000, 000 that would be weird,

• No no no

Not every kid should get a trophy I know it won’t boost their confidence very much, But only winners should get the trophy. If the kid just keeps getting participation trophies it will just make a big pile of the trophies in him room scattered around! If they know they get participation trophies they won’t do anything at the game.

• Trophies aren't important

When you are little, You might want to get a trophy, But when you get older, Kids start getting competitive, And you would not want to use competitive in the wrong way. You would want to work hard and earn it. Not just get them for doing one little thing.

• Not Every Kid Should Get A Trophy.

Coming from a cheerleader when I got my first trophy I was so happy! But then after a while I realized everyone got a trophy and not to be rude but even the girls who weren't that good got a trophy and it made me feel bad. I got the trophy from the coaches and I mean what was the coaches saying your bad but here is a trophy, Your just like everyone else not special, Or your good but you don't get anything special for working hard? Each one of these ways don't feel good.