Should everyone have the right to change their gender whenever they want?

• This isn't even a contest.

It doesn't matter if I'm comfortable with it. It doesn't matter if it's a sin or not. It doesn't matter if it's unnatural, or weird, or upsetting. Humanity has been through enough shit, and they deserve to live as long as they want, be whoever they want, and live as best they can without harming others. I've had more than enough of the triggered and terrified who believe anything they're not comfortable with is an evil and an abomination. All will pass, and all will change. Your world will end, just as your grandparents', and your parents', and your children will live in their own age, not yours.
    I hope like hell it's one where they don't have to put up with the whining on the right.

• Yes of course

It's their gender, not yours. They should have the right to do it if they want to. People keep bringing up nuclear war scenarios, but what about a bit of realism here. If the trans community was not public and just did their changes without talking about, most of you would not even be able to recognize someone who went through the transition. You would date, marry even, people who changed sex. The only reason people are freaking out and debating is because... Like everything else in this world: people want to control what the world can and can't do. Heterosexuals want to decide if people can be gay or not. Vegans want people who eat meat to make it illegal to eat meat. The pro-life (which is more like pro-death considering the insane amount of women who would die because of health issue of doomed fetus) want women to raise children against their will.

JUST STOP TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE FROM ANOTHER GROUP DO WHAT YOU WANT. LET GAYS MANAGE GAY ISSUES. LET WOMEN MANAGE WOMEN ISSUES. LET TRANS PEOPLE MANAGE TRANS ISSUES. Oh and stop whining about the gender pronoun and your poor little biology class which somehow is now sooooo important to you. Literally nobody gives a damn about it, including yourself. Just more excuse to be controling about things that don't concern you to any extent.

• Yes. Its their body

Its their body, no one else but them has a say in if they want to change their gender. If they dont like being a male/female, and feel like they were born to the wrong gender, let them change it, we have the technology to actually make it mostly possible now. So if you want to change your gender. Go ahead.

• It's my constitutional right

I have a constitutional right to free speech, freedom of expression, and the pursuit of happiness. If I want to call myself a woman, I have the freedom to do so. If I have the money and want to make myself a woman, you can't stop me there either. Plus, it doesn't affect you. People have the right to smoke if they want, and secondhand smoke kills. Secondhand transgenderism does not.

• Why can they not have the right?

The Women and Equalities committee has recommended that the legal minimum age for transgender people to apply for gender recognition should be lowered from 18 to include 16 and 17-year-olds. If you wanted to wear anything that boys wear then you kind of think like a boy then don't you, imagine if you started liking the shoes they wear your thinking exactly like them.

• It is their right and their body!

There are some people who actually have a brain "disorder" that makes them feel like they belong in the other gender. There is nothing really wrong with this. If they feel like they are supposed to be the opposite sex, why does it matter to you? It is THEIR body. NOT yours. Having someone change their gender because it is what they feel is right does not effect your live at all.

• It's none of your business what I do with my body.

It's my body, and I can do to it what I want, whether I want to get a nose correction or a gender change. When you feel bad about your gender all day and people referring to you as "he" or "she" makes you want to jump off a bridge, then there's no reason for you to have to walk around with such a feeling. While yes, it requires therapeutic help, it's not something that'll be fixed with people telling you you're wrong and confused. That's the entire reason so many trans people kill themselves. Gender has never been this unchanging thing, there's Always been grey zones and people who cross from one "side" to the other. And as for the people saying there's only two genders, that's bullshit. Biologically, intersex people are an actual thing. Culturally, there are numerous examples of third genders in non-western cultures.

• People have a right to their own bodies

I believe anyone over 18 should be allowed to undergo sex change, after being properly informed about the risks and having been tested for other serious mental health conditions. I do not believe extreme gender dysphoria should be the only situation when this is acceptable. People have a right to do as they please with their bodies, regardless of the consequences, unless they directly hinder others from exercising their rights.

• Why should other people decide what is best for other people?

Many people in the united state are deciding that they don't like their gender and feel that they should be the opposite sex. For some people they feel that they should not be living a lie and let their true selves show and a lot of people are judged because of that but the people that are judging them don't truly understand why. If we had more of an understanding as to why people become transgender maybe their would be less hate in the world today.

• It's Their Choice

Not to delve into the same typical argument as everyone else, but it really is "their choice". The sooner people accept that people will never stop getting gender reassignment surgery, the easier viewing this topic will be.
    I still don't entirely understand why people care. It doesn't affect your life in any way, I don't see why other people should make a decision on someone else's behalf.

• Definetly not. There's no reason.

Why complicate the human race. Humans have never been able to change genders in history and it has worked fine for them. Go ahead and act how you want but there is no reason to start changing body parts and especially not dna. Next we will be changing the genders of our dogs and cats

• It's not that it shouldn't be allowed, it's that it isn't physically possible.

There are exactly TWO genders by nature. Humans are born with genes that either make them a male or a female. And the truth is, it is absolutely impossible to completely change your gender by nature. It doesn't matter how many surgeries you have; there are trillions upon trillions of cells in your body that all agree what your gender is, as well as genitalia that each human has. And it is impossible to completely change all that, that's just fact. Our technology will never be so good that we are able to do that. It just can't happen, nature did it, and you can't alter the work of nature. Why the hell do people even want to be the other gender? You are born a male or a female, now accept the fact of whatever nature gave you and move on because you have much better things to be worrying about in life.

• No Way !!!

I respect people for who they are, but changing genders is very complicated and unnecessary. People act differently when they change genders and its ridiculous. Stay the gender you are. Its a sin to change your gender! Changing genders is going beyond the lines and just be who you are.

• Why is changing your gender needed?

You can act however you want in your gender. Gender roles are stupid. If you want to do masculine stuff and you're a girl, go ahead. Want to do feminine stuff and you're a guy? Just do it. You don't have to drastically change your gender just to do what you love.
    Changing your gender is confusing and inconvenience to everyone else.
    And the important question: If you're physically a female, but your ID says you're a male. Which washroom do you go in?

• Gender isn't a choice

To say gender is a choice is actually undermining the struggles of trans people...

Granted, given that, by definition, it is the state of being male or female, the question is kind of nonsensical. People should be able to like whatever they want, dress however they want, act how they want provided they aren't hurting anyone. Their identity is their own.

But deciding to change your gender whenever...? Nonsensical

• Well well well

Im going to cut of my arm because it doesnt feel right. No, Science and Religion are lethal when together. The answer is simple, look at the chromosomes. If they show XX, she is female. If it shows XY, he is a boy. Intersex, pull down the pants, what shows goes. Gender is constant, and God made you like that. Like I said, Religion and Science are lethal when they work together.

• You can't choose your gender

It's what you're born as it has nothing to do with how you feel. You either have a penis or a vagina, unless you have issues. If you feel like you are the opposite gender it is a mental condition not something that should be accepted. If someone has Down syndrome we try to treat it, however we don't try to treat people who think they are the other gender.

• They are just confused.

People like to follow their feelings instead for their head. These people are taught wrongly about how they feel about themselves. The more people talk about trans gender the more it will happen, destroying the lives of thousands. They need love, and the truth. As the song says,"people are crazy".

• You Change, You Pay

People are under the impression that they have the right to any type of gratuitous healthcare resources that they desire. This includes changing genders. This is a financially costly process that should not be covered by insurance. Society should not have to pay the cost or experience healthcare delays because a man is unhappy with his organs. Consider, too, the case of the person in Belgium who committed suicide after a gender change operation. That was really a good utilization of medical resources - both with regard to the multiple drugs and operations required, and the cost of the suicide.

• No, they do not have that right.

I can see it coming already: When sex change is made a right, people will do it freely, and "forget" to tell others about it, keeping their right to make informed decisions about what kind of partner they want away from them.
    The only way of making things right is either not allowing sex changes, or forcing people to give a clear warning when starting a romantic relationship.

Posted by: Rafe

>