Should execution of the severely mentally ill or retarded be legal?

Asked by: Equality2447
  • They have no point in existence.

They are against God's image. God never wanted imperfections. They also will never give back to society. They are a waste of our time, money, and education. Some people might say it would be more humane to leave them be and they are harmless, but these kinds of people are almost always the gunman at the school shooting, or the murderer of anyone. These people have no sense of right and wrong, so they will do anything, and you guys are saying we should just let them do that? Disgusting.

• Why would you do that?

Before you do this, consider the fact that just because the are different than us, doesn't mean that they are worse or lower than us. After all, your parents gave you a chance didn't they? So give them one. Killing someone who is mentally handicapt is murder. They are living, breathing people just like YOU and just like me. So like i said, give them a chance.

• These people are dangerous, if you had a appliance that was as potentially wouldn't you rid yourself of the danger?

These people are potentially or have no life quality, for example with the shooting of new town conecticut were perpetrated by a man of severe mental compromise. If we had executed the new town shooter earlier he would not of usurped the life's of 28 children and several adults. People like him could of been stopped before they reached a boiling point. I'm a former nurse for those of extreme mental retardation and I did not feel this way until I worked with said severe mental retardates but many of my patients were imcampapble of basic motor activity and Layed on a mat miserable, plus there family's were heavily burden and twice a miserable paying the medical bills and caring for a person that was not capable of loving them back. These are not the easy decisions but they are the decisions that must be made to prevent future new town shooting and to liberate those of severe mental retardation from their earthly perils.

• There are Millons perhaps Billions of people with Mental insufficiency and its weighing down our society

I have been working with people with disabilities for 5 years. Many of the people i have worked with have severe behavioural issues as well as hurt people. I know they don't understand what they are doing, but our world wont be able to support more people very soon. We dont have enough resources to be supporting people who are don't have any quality of life,

• Yes, a great idea

I agree, it would save them their despair and save the money used to maintain them. It sounds brutal but it makes perfect sense if you put reason forth of your emotions. And be honest, you DO feel awkward and uncomfortable when around them. It doesn't really mean a mass extermination, but rather simply make it legal as these people are wasting effort, time and money and they probably aren't even happy being alive.

• Yes-- but only the severely retarded

Look, before attempting to crucify me listen to me first, and my few but simple reasons.
    1) They are a waste of money, and resources.
    Look, I get it sounds terrible, but here's the reality: when was the last you EVER heard of a severely retarded person doing the world any good? I've met a LOT of severely retarded when I was in High School, and took a class where the idea was to be with their class and help the severely challenged kids through a day of Gym-- and really... It was sad. Despite being told and asked, or even being gently gestured over to make it through an arranged course for them, virtually none of them ever got more than one step in before either forgetting what was going on or just trying to go off somewhere else. And this was even if they did anything at all, half the time they just sat there, drooling, completely unresponsive. It was eery, a couple of times we had to make sure they were even breathing.
    2) The parents don't even want them.
    Look, I get this one sounds even worse, but I know plenty of parents that would tell me openly they wished the child had a terrible accident while in class, or would get abducted. Apparently from the parents they would do such things to disrupt the peace at home, screaming, making fits of rage, because they weren't given attention or just for no reason, and even when attempts were made to ask what they wanted, the parents would be met with total silence, or the child screaming in their face.
    Look, I'm sorry but the severely retarded will never contribute, and never will be of any use.

• They lack the awareness, intelligence, and functions to be considered human

The retarded, as stated, are humans with an IQ Lower than 70. Consider this for a second. There are animals with higher IQ, such as elephants, and dolphins. However, at the lower level of IQ, combined with the human brain, this removes all self awareness, intelligence, and genuine human traits, making them functionally identical to an animal. Allowing an animal public education is useless, as they cannot understand it. Taking care of one leads to the same situation; A waste of money. As a result, we should buckle down and attempt to end mental retardation, VIA genetic methods, and potentially even eugenics.

• It puts them out of there misery

In my school extra curricular activates are supposed to give kids something to do and keep away from gangs and drugs and yet every activity has to involve the mentally retorted kids in some way even if they don't want to do it and half the time they don't even know what's going on and my school district just had to close 3 schools to pay for more things for these people and if they were executed they would be put out of there misery and it would be less stressful on the people taking care of them and the people around them

• Its sounds good dude

They dont rlly help us dude sorry to inform you. They waste too much extra time and money and there is almost no chance of getting any return in them. They will almost never learn anything that normal kids with similar capabilities can learn. Just sayin dude, whats the point in having them

• If the subject being prosecuted is mentally ill, and understands right from wrong, they should be executed.

The definition of being clinically insane is that you are unable to understand right from wrong, so if you are not deemed "clinically insane" the death penalty isn't something out of the question. I think that if you understand this, you are of right mind to pay the price for your crime.

• Very nasty type of thinking

Well, equality2447, what if the execution panel decided that the cut off point defining mental retardation is one point above your IQ? Or, let's say your mental illness all of a sudden fits in the "unfit" category. Maybe all adult males under five feet five inches in height would be considered severely handicapped. I'm sure there would be some displeased folks out there.

• No I don't think so

The mentally I'll often commit crimes with no knowledge at all that they are doing the wrong thing. There is no malice in their killings, they need treatment for their disease not death.

Those who are mentally retarded do not have the full mental capacity to distinguish right from wrong.

• Who would be the judge?

Being mentally ill or retarded is not a crime. Why should they have to die at all? Because they might need help? That would be incredibly selfish. We are all human beings and deserving of respect. And who would decide who would be executed or not? Someone could claim anyone was too mentally ill to be alive just to get rid of that person. They could find a doctor(s) who could be paid off to say anything. I am extremely saddened to see the rate was 50% on both sides.

• It is not fair to take away someone's right to life because they have a low IQ.

We have advanced as a society to the point where we can now recognize prejudice as wrong. However, it seems that we can not yet always recognize prejudice when it appears.

Any decent deonotological system of ethics will require human beings to care for those with disabilities. To not do so is barbaric and inhumane and flies in the face of nearly every system of morality known to man.

• Not every mentally ill person, No mentally retarded people

There's obviously going to be a few mentally unstable people out there that are dangerous. Does that nessecarily mean that all of them are dangerous? No. The most harm a mentally ill person can do to you is - Wait, never mind, mentally ill people can't harm you.

TL;DR: , Unless you want to be a Rick Perry, it shouldn't be allowed.

• Nah dude. My friend has autism.

I don't want my friend to be killed just because he's fucking weird. It's not his fault, And he's not fucking hurting anybody, So why should we kill him? If someone is crazy and kills people and shit, Then sure. But everyone who's fucked? That's just dumb. Be more accepting.

• Many Of You Have The English Skills Of A Child On Here. Should You Be Killed For Your Lack Of Intelligence?

Seriously, You lack compassion and are insecure. Maybe we should kill you as you fail to even represent a human being. Lacking a conscience means you didn't evolve alongside your primate brothers and sisters. Most Americans would fail to compare to me in my intellectual, Physical, And spiritual attributes, So all of you should be executed, Right? I mean, Dear God, What would your parents say if they knew about what you have written on here? If you aren't an obvious troll, I pity you. I exercise 20 hours a week, And possess 79, 000 blog views, More than you sociopathic losers could ever get. People, Ignore these wannabe trolls who think that helpless individuals should be murdered. They're just mad because they can't get laid.

• Most Adults Fail Intellectually. Most Americans Have Less Than 110 IQ. We Should, By Your Standards, Kill All Americans, Right?

So most Americans should be executed, Right? Many of you arguing here have the English skills of an eight-year-old or less. We should execute all of you, Too, Right? Your lack of compassion shows that many of you are nothing more than infidels. Why not use me as a bar? Then all of you would be executed. I've made posts on my blog about the risks of untreated mental illness before, None of them being in favor of the mentally ill. Even so, What kind of insecure sociopath wants to kill those not blessed with intelligence? As said, You would all die compared to my IQ. I have 79, 000 blog views, Speak three languages, And I am the author of more books than most of you have ever read in your lifetime. If you want to play God and kill people because you are insecure, That's fine, But you'll have to go through me first, As I work out 20 hours a week and have masteries over three martial arts. The only people worthy of a slaying are you, As you lack a conscience. No wonder your foreheads are so narrow.

• They are Worthless?

All humans are worthless, but the mentally incapable are even more so. The sinful, degenerate waste of the planet should be wiped clean.
    Just pulling your leg, what kind of sociopath would you have to be, to believe that they deserve to be euthanized? Do you euthanize your pets because they're not as smart? What good do pets provide to society as a whole? They provide the same value s mentally ill individuals, they love, the support, they learn and there's people who care about them. You cannot in good concience kill these innocent people! This doesn't just affect the target, or affects the people who love them, it would deviate them! How can you possibly justify this vile concensus?! I hope everyone who voted yes sincerely learns the fully of their ways and comes to reason and light. I'll be praying for you all.

• What type of person would do that!

I was in a special education class in 5th grade cause i had light autism and a short attention span, in seventh grade i was in a gym class and i was a partner with a special needs kid, Just because they have autism or ill does not mean we kill them

>