Should football players who dive in a match be given an on-field red card (yes) or fined after the match (no)?

• Not fit for children to watch

I have banned the world cup in our house, why? Because my son watched Neymar lying
    to the ref saying he was stamped on and holding up the game for about 5 minutes, this morning he blamed his brother for pushing him off his bike, so I grounded his brother and promised to make him pay for new jeans which got torn in the fall. Turns out my neighbour saw it all and my younger son was trying to do a wheelie and fell off without any help. How can I let him watch the same behaviour from his heroes? Not happening.

• Diving theatrics need to go..

Diving has made football not fun to watch. Need to get it under control. Use replay to help the referee assign red cards. They use it to assign penalties, and the dive has just as much influence on the game as do penalties. FIFA please step up and fix the sport that we all love to watch.

• Diving theatrics need to go..

• Football cheaters, the worst role models

Kids looking up to football stars see spitting and cheating - great role models. Not only cheapens the sport to theatre via fraud on the ref and spectators, but sends the young (and old) a very dangerous message to cheat. Hate the theatre of pro wrestling, now hate the theatre of football - no longer sport. Easy solution, but
    no will from FIFA, ref associations, etc.

• Manipulation, lying, cheating...

Diving in football is manipulating the referee and officials in order for a team to gain an unfair advantage and this is something which I think should be taken as serious as it is. Take the example of Marko Arnautovic(SWI) vs. Johan Elmander(SWE)...

The two players squared up to each other in an international match and Elmander went to ground. Arnautovic was given a red card and his team down to ten men...

With a potential red card at risk this type of event would be totally eradicated.

• Manipulation, lying, cheating...

• It's cheating and manipulation

Football is and has always been a gentlemans game however the sport has been plagued by players who try to cheat so they can get a penalty and it's making the sport more dull and corrupt they should be given a red card straightaway so it can teach them a lesson

• I'm watching the world cup right now and the diving is a joke!

Being an Australian, I would rather watch Rugby League than soccer! (Here we call it soccer, football is Rugby League)
    Given that it is the world cup however most of our country is interested in watching, Its a rare chance for our mediocre team to be on the world stage! The diving however is now a running joke in our office. We spend all of our time laughing at the 'tactic' and it is becoming almost unbearable to watch. Red card them and don't allow a substitute to replace them. That sure would open the game up a lot more and help with the flow!

• Basketball's version of flopping

I really do not watch much world football. I am also American, so forgive me for calling it soccer. I can write better using the term soccer. I have seen how soccer players seem to take a dive every time they get touched. It is quite annoying, the same way basketball players do it. Soccer players should be fined or red carded. It really takes away from the game.

• It's just a game

Diving should be penalized, but there's no reason to financially fine a player. It's worthy of a red card, but nothing more serious. The problem isn't so much that there isn't a penalty for diving so much as it is that diving rarely receives a penalty except in obvious cases. Refs need to be looking out for players and teams who do this habitually.

• wait till later

i think that it would be best if they just let it go while the game is going on and that they just wait and get them with a fine when all of it is over, so that they do not make a big deal while the game is on.