• Respect towards Quebec

After a long history of Anglophonic dominance over the francophonie, it is most fitting for Canada to require French as a token of reconciliation, fraternity and respect.
    Too bad if you don't want to learn French. Anglophones shouldn't have had colonised the Québécois.
    It's unfair that English is required but not vice versa.

• Yes, French should stay mandatory.

In my opinion, yes, French should be mandatory. However, multiple changes should also be made to the curriculum. Instead of starting in grade dour, you should start in kindergarten and stick with it until grade twelve. All work should be in the language, and instead of focusing on grammar rules for verbs only, more focus should be put on grammar as a whole. I would have enjoyed the subject far more if I actually learnt it from a young age, and could speak it fluently.

Sincerely, a salty ninth grader who thinks the entire school system needs to be fixed up.

• French should be mandatory in school.

Some reasons i think that are because Canada is country with two languages and those languages being English and french. Some other points we have are, knowing more than one language can be helpful getting a new job in the future, and, the other point we have is, more than 220 million people speak french on the 5 inhabitable continents.

• French should be mandatory in school.

• Learning another language

Learning another language helps students:
    strengthen their problem-solving, reasoning and creative thinking skills
    develop their understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures
    increase their competitiveness in an increasingly global job market
    enhance their first-language and overall literacy skills.
    Improve your memory, help you become more perceptive etc.
    That is why french should be mandatory.

• French is GREAT!!!!

Learning French is awesome because it is a cool language. French being taught in schools is even better because then you don have to pay for learning it! French is also in interesting language with awesome words such as anana! French is awesome so French should be taught in schools.

• Oh yeah FSL!!!!

French should be taught in school in Canada because bilingualism is an amazing thing. Knowing multiple languages has so many benefits. 29 countries around the world speak French. People who think that French shouldn't be taught in school are missing out. They don't think about the benefits. French should be taught in school in Canada especially!!!!!

• The benefits of bilinguals

Bilinguals have greater cognitive flexibility compared to monolingual children. Bilingual individuals have the ability to switch between different tasks and perform well in tasks that include conflicting or misleading cues. Furthermore, switching linguistic codes while performing cognitive tasks gives bilingual children more flexibility. However, the amount of practice that the bilingual individual does in switching back and forth between the two languages can impact both language proficiency and cognitive flexibility. Switching between two language codes enhances cognitive flexibility, which helps children develop a more profound vocabulary.

• Hay oh French Yo!!!

Canada is a bilingual country so if you don't learn french in school you wouldn't know one of Canada's main languages. If you want Alzheimer's or dementia? No? Then learn french! Knowing more than one language can increase the prevention of those sickness's. So please, French should be taught at school in Canada!

• French is a Canadian language

As one of Canada's two official languages, FSL is taught in Ontario's English-language school boards. Students have significant advantages when they speak more than one language. Learning another language helps students:
    enhance their first-language and overall literacy skills

• No of course not

I have to do French in my school and it is affecting my confidence and happiness and makes me feel less good in my other subjects, But I can't drop it for another year. . . Where I have to do a national 5 exam on it. . . Help, My parents won't allow me to fail but I can't do it.

• No Like WHY!?!?!?

We don't need to learn French if we don't want to. It should be optional. I don't like it when they grade us on it and put it on our report card. Why can't we just learn in peace. You know it's not good for you to force your brain to learn something.

• French is only spoken...

French is only spoken in francophone countries, there doesn't need to be anymore countries for it to be in, french is also not a special "One of a kind" language, I don't understand why people still speak it, it doesn't make any kind of sense, that's all I know. Bye.

• No. Children should be able to study the language that's the most useful and interesting to them.

Languages are great, and it's great to learn one to aid communication skills, to expand the number of people you can talk to, and to boost problem solving. French is only one example of a language, though. If studying a language is beneficial in general, then studying a specific language that has an additional benefit to the individual should be better. For instance, an individual who desires to move to Russia might be better off learning Russian than learning French. Language learning is usually motivated by interest, too.

• Oh hell na

French is not a Canadian language!!! France stole a part of our country
    and just walked right in and made it their own!!! They used their language in my country and I DO NOT APPROVE!!! IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!! Is France trying to ruin the world by putting themselves everywhere!!! JUST STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!

• Forcing Kids to learn something they don't want to never works.

Learning a language takes commitment. Meaning if you aren't motivated to learn, you won't get anywhere. I learned English in a year because I was 8 years old and my ESL teacher promised me a huge bar of chocolate. But I've been taking French every year and learned basically nothing. Every time I switch schools, there's a different curriculum. In most high schools you practically start over completely. It's a massive waste of time.

• No it should not be.

IF FOREIN PEOPLE WANT TO COME TO MY COUNTRY THEY LEARN MY LANGUAGE. IF YOU WALK INTO A BRITISH SHOP AND START BLABING ON IN FRENCH NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND YOU. LEARN BRITISH. FRENCH IS SO BORING. NO ONE LIKES I AND EVEN THE FRENCH PEOPLE KEEP ON COMING TO BRITAIN TO ESCAPE IT. WOW. That was good to get of my chest. French should not be mandatory.

• No, it should not

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I see your face. I see your blue eyes and blushing cheeks and puckered lips, drawn by the brush of memories, daubed by the finger of God, brightly brokenhearted, soft and feminine and delicate. Baby, I wish we could try again.

I’d try again.

• Because is so bad

Because is the worst lesson ever , and because is very boring it doesnt have any logic it will be better is it was spanish because spanish is beast and it is the third most spoken language in the world and because is very difficult and in the exams tell you to write things like this write and email to a friend in french why you will like to do that doet in english or in spanish.

• French should not be mandatory

Its shouldn't because french is useless to students just think even if we go to a french speaking country their required to learn other languages like English because if they didn't than nobody would visit or know what their saying so i conclude this paragraph with this French should be a option not a requirement

>