• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• I'll just try to take on as many things as I can about the matter.

LOCATION/OCCASION: "It's not Miss World/a Beauty Pageant, It's school".
    (A student goes for school to learn.
    A teacher goes to school to teach. )
    Why should the teacher be able to wear makeup but the student can't? Because she's an adult?
    You're implying with this age-based logic that all girls under the age of 18 can't wear makeup *anywhere* even outside of school. And since when was it illegal for girl under the age of 18 to wear makeup?
    There was never the implication that school was a beauty pageant. A girl wears makeup according to her own personal style, Not to compete with other girls to see whose makeup is the thickest. The point of wearing makeup is to make *yourself* prettier.
    FINANCE:
    Whether the girl uses her own money or her parents money is strictly between her and her parents. Though I agree that don't agree with a girl forcing money out of her parents just to buy makeup, You can't actually say this applies to every case of every girl who wears makeup. There are also a lot of girls who use their own pocket money to buy their own makeup. And not everything on their vanity has to be luxury makeup brands, Drugstore makeup is cheap and just as good as the ones in Sephora, Sometimes even better!
    MENTALITY:
    Some girls wear make-up to look prettier, Others to boost their confidence, There are even those who wear make-up just for fun. If it makes them feel prettier and more confident, Isn't that a good thing? If it makes the girl feel horrible about herself, Like she's ugly and she needs it, She could always take it off. No-one is forcing her to wear it. It's her choice and hers alone.
    There is also the lipstick effect. The study that found that female students who wear makeup have higher self esteem and grades. It's really all about mentality.
    PHYSICALITY:
    Of course, There is the risk of break-outs and skin damage, But it that really your concern? If the girl thinks that make-up is ruining her skin, She'll know how and when to take it off and put away the brushes.
    STUDIES:
    Of course, For students, The point of going to school is to study, But let's get real here. You can't give an idiot a piece of chalk and tell them to solve Riemann's Hypothesis. It really depends on the girl. Even if you take away her makeup, Can you really say that she's automatically just going to graduate as valedictorian? A girl, With or without makeup, Who takes her studies seriously will prove herself in her results.

• I think girls should wear makeup to school.

This is because some girls might not be comfortable on showing herself in school or even in public without makeup as her original face (without makeup) may not look as good. It is also unfair for some schools allowing makeup and others schools not. I think, in my opinion, that all schools should allow girls wearing makeup.

• It's not about boys

Most girls don't wear makeup to get boys to look at them. Makeup is a social norm and it's not hurting anyone. Anyone who wants to wear makeup to high school or middle school they should be allowed as long as they aren't hurting anyone. It is a form of personal expression and style much like clothing. This coming from a girl in high school who wears no makeup.

• It's not about boys

• Girls should be able to wear make up

I think this because as we grow older we become anxious to wear make up. I think that we should at least be able to wear mascara. Or maybe see through lip gloss. Its every little girls dream to wear make up and when we grow we watch our moms do it over and over again and we start to get the idea. I think that we are mature enough to were it. We are not 5 were a 5 year. Old would smear it to look like a clown. We are old enough and mature enough to waer make uo

• You go to school to Learn! Not to have a fashion show!

Who cares if your ugly, Who are they to judge. You should be proud of yourself for who you are. After your finish your education and start earning money live your life. Do whatever you want. But now go to school and learn!
    What is there to cover up about yourself? Be free!

• Lying is immoral

Despite what Cartesian nonsense people believe these days, The way you treat your body actually matters. And therefore, You should not be dishonest with your body by making it look how it does not naturally look. This also evokes lust in others who may not want to lust, And therefore it is violating their quest for virtue. The charitable thing to do would be to respect the dignity of others by presenting your true self to them so that there is not a barrier between you two or a deception or manipulation and to guide them in virtue, Not lead them astray in vice. Not to mention, It’s vain and prideful.

• It wouldn't be good for the future

I am a boy Korean, And in Korea, Every elementary school wears make up, Too. They want to hide there complex with the make up, But it wouldn't be good for their future. Most of the students don't have money to buy a famous and popular, Safe brand's makeup, So they buy is at the stationary store. Every stationary stores at Korea has lots of variety of make up, And they are cheap so the students love it. Every make ups are under 10 dollar, And it will never be good for their face. They will be millions of chemistry products inside, And will harm the face at the future.

• Education Comes First

You came to school to learn not to make yourselves beautiful. You are already Beautiful in he inside. Beauty doesn't matter but what is inside your heart lies the true beauty and perfection. No one hates you because you don't look beautiful instead we accept you if you are a kind heartened person and never forget that.

• Teach kids about beauty

Yada Yada beauty comes from the heart, yeah I bet all y'all are done with this cliche sentiment. But wouldn't it actually be an ideal environment if students were bare-faced? Think about it, students will learn to appreciate those around them even if they're full of acne and find out that- news flash- beauty has ZERO correlation with a person's values. Also, no more social hierarchies( Hint: Beauty=Fame). What's so bad about this? Now, students should be focusing on their education, friendships and experiences, not how their classmates would look at them once they've achieved ultra-fleek eyebrows. Anyway, no one said they couldn't do makeup at home¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Firearms and cosmetics

If one gets trained to wear makeup the other should get to carry a loaded weapon or a tazer or a hand grenade. With the proper training of course.
    Maybe they should be allowed to openly sell drugs in the hallways.
    The mainstream media is constantly promoting pedophilia teachers as heros.
    Why not all these things and more?

All the arguments for makeup can be equally argued for all the outlandish topics that happen, and shouldn't, in schools.

• They shouldn't wear it.

I am from Germany so sorry for the grammar.

Okay, so I think they shouldn't because of its just a waste of money, your parents work hard so you having something to eat and live in, and you want all of that hard work go, for you just to feel 'confident'? I mean you may look like a Victoria's Secret Model with all of that on your face, but when you take it off you still who you are before you woke up at 4/5am and stared into a mirror for like 1 and half hours applying it. I am 15 years old and I don't even want to try it on because no one is bothered how I look even if I don't have the slimmest body and perfect face and skin. You do not have to seek approval from others you are human if you are associated with a group of friends that expect you to follow every Instagram trend. They are not even your friends, 'friends' are the people that support you, whatever you choose to do in life they will always be there. And if you still not on my side because you think if you stop wearing it you will get bullied and that how it leads to depression and anorexia, it's not.
    Why people get depression or anorexia of getting bullied:
    -THEY CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK. (ik it not that simple to change your mindset)
    If you get one of those two, it's mostly your fault, you care about what people think, you may come to conclusions too soon. Those people will not be in your future, you will do better than them in life ;)
    (What is more important to you, opinions of few popular girls/boy that you will have to cope for few years or your dreamed career and future that you are working so hard on?)

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

• People should defiantly be able to wear makeup (male or female)

I honestly am baffled by the way people have a viewpoint on makeup. Some girls and boys don't wear makeup because they don't feel confident and they want to attract guys. Some people wear it because they love makeup. I (personally) don't go full out with makeup. I just put on a light BB cream and sometimes I wear mascara (I'm in 7th grade). I wear makeup because I like the look of it. I don't wear makeup because I "hate" myself. Thankfully in my school it's not against the rules to wear makeup. Honestly, if it was I would wear makeup anyway. It is my face, I am allowed to do what I want with it. Can come to school with blue eyeshadow and yellow lipstick if I wanted to. It's MY face.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools