• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• I'll just try to take on as many things as I can about the matter.

LOCATION/OCCASION: "It's not Miss World/a Beauty Pageant, It's school".
    (A student goes for school to learn.
    A teacher goes to school to teach. )
    Why should the teacher be able to wear makeup but the student can't? Because she's an adult?
    You're implying with this age-based logic that all girls under the age of 18 can't wear makeup *anywhere* even outside of school. And since when was it illegal for girl under the age of 18 to wear makeup?
    There was never the implication that school was a beauty pageant. A girl wears makeup according to her own personal style, Not to compete with other girls to see whose makeup is the thickest. The point of wearing makeup is to make *yourself* prettier.
    FINANCE:
    Whether the girl uses her own money or her parents money is strictly between her and her parents. Though I agree that don't agree with a girl forcing money out of her parents just to buy makeup, You can't actually say this applies to every case of every girl who wears makeup. There are also a lot of girls who use their own pocket money to buy their own makeup. And not everything on their vanity has to be luxury makeup brands, Drugstore makeup is cheap and just as good as the ones in Sephora, Sometimes even better!
    MENTALITY:
    Some girls wear make-up to look prettier, Others to boost their confidence, There are even those who wear make-up just for fun. If it makes them feel prettier and more confident, Isn't that a good thing? If it makes the girl feel horrible about herself, Like she's ugly and she needs it, She could always take it off. No-one is forcing her to wear it. It's her choice and hers alone.
    There is also the lipstick effect. The study that found that female students who wear makeup have higher self esteem and grades. It's really all about mentality.
    PHYSICALITY:
    Of course, There is the risk of break-outs and skin damage, But it that really your concern? If the girl thinks that make-up is ruining her skin, She'll know how and when to take it off and put away the brushes.
    STUDIES:
    Of course, For students, The point of going to school is to study, But let's get real here. You can't give an idiot a piece of chalk and tell them to solve Riemann's Hypothesis. It really depends on the girl. Even if you take away her makeup, Can you really say that she's automatically just going to graduate as valedictorian? A girl, With or without makeup, Who takes her studies seriously will prove herself in her results.

• I think girls should wear makeup to school.

This is because some girls might not be comfortable on showing herself in school or even in public without makeup as her original face (without makeup) may not look as good. It is also unfair for some schools allowing makeup and others schools not. I think, in my opinion, that all schools should allow girls wearing makeup.

• It's not about boys

Most girls don't wear makeup to get boys to look at them. Makeup is a social norm and it's not hurting anyone. Anyone who wants to wear makeup to high school or middle school they should be allowed as long as they aren't hurting anyone. It is a form of personal expression and style much like clothing. This coming from a girl in high school who wears no makeup.

• It's not about boys

• Girls should be able to wear make up

I think this because as we grow older we become anxious to wear make up. I think that we should at least be able to wear mascara. Or maybe see through lip gloss. Its every little girls dream to wear make up and when we grow we watch our moms do it over and over again and we start to get the idea. I think that we are mature enough to were it. We are not 5 were a 5 year. Old would smear it to look like a clown. We are old enough and mature enough to waer make uo

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Make u buy make up and you don't need it because you are pretty the way u r.

I think that they should not wear it so they don't have to go and buy the make up. Most people who wear make up are trying to get someone to like them so just don't wear and make up so people can see your natural side. So just go as you are and don't listen to what other people say about you, r perfect the way u are now.

• Sure, let's promote more waste of money and time and encourage material-based superficial confidence.

Of course, it's girls' own choice to wake up hours earlier than necessary every school day to put on makeup and ensure that they look perfect. It's also their choice to spend their or their parents' money on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, and the list goes on and on. It's their own choice to compete with others, not just with their clothes and hair, but also with their makeup. It's their choice to become more preoccupied with their appearances than with education, to spend hours in front of the mirrors even at school. It's their choice to let makeup beautify their faces and to let it give themselves confidence, and it's their choice to feel ugly and lose all confident after stripping it away.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• Slightly in the middle, but more on the 'no' side.

I think that girls should accept themselves and be natural. I think most girls wear makeup because other girls wear it, and they feel like because they wear makeup they get more attention from males and not only. But if someone really feels insecure about their skin, concealer or foundation should be allowed from my point of view. I hate seeing girls who have perfect skin, or girls who have 1 small spot and they apply coats and coats of foundation one on top of another. On the other side, make up doesn't hurt anyone.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools