• Its, There face

People should be able to do something without being judged. It's not fair there getting judged because there doing something they like to do or they have fun doing. To some people make is like a toy they do for fun not because they don't like there self. To all the people that do to be pretty everybody has there beauty weather it's inside or out.

• Teen Girls Can Be Insecure - Especially When They Have Acne!

Teenage girls in schools everywhere can be very insecure, It comes naturally with all the changes and hormones. And when you have zits, It can become very uncomfortable to be seen with then in public. Now you might say, "if girls are being bullied for their spots, That's a different problem! " but it's not about the bullies, And the mean comments, It's a girl's own internal anxiety about her face and her skin. If makeup improves her confidence, Then there's no reason why she should have that taken from her! It's a (good) school's job to nurture their students as well as teach them. Makeup doesn't hurt anyone, And can help a girl feel more comfortable in her own skin.

• And if school is for education, Why humiliate or suspend a student for wearing makeup?

Makeup is some form of way someone expresses themselves, It doesn't matter if may it be a man or a woman, Wearing makeup is a right because it expresses opinion. Or if you say that you think that it bothers their studies, Why suspend a student for wearing makeup? That's the point of school, Education, Why is the school so torn up on having so much rules restricting the students if the only damn point of school is morals and education? And if it "draws male gaze" then shouldn't schools should teach male students that school is for education not to get into someone's pants? Jesus Christ, It's their face who gives YOU the right to tell them want to do with THEIR faces.

• They deserve a personal choice

When some kids decide they need to really be different they go makeup. For some this is helpful and I'm one of them. Makeup can show a form of artistry or personality but either way makeup makes teens happy. So many people get bullied when they don't have cosmetics on but when they do they feel strong about themselves and that's why I think teens should be able to wear makeup

• I agree girls should be able to

Girls should be able to wear as much makeup to a minimum maybe foundation eyebrow and mascara if it makes them feel better LET THEM. Here not disrupting theirs or anyone’s learning time infact the more teacher pull children out of lessons about it the more the teachers are to blame if anything.

• Yes all students should be allowed to wear makeup regardless on their gender.

Makeup is a way to express yourself. Make up is fun and versatile. Every when I wake up and get ready for school I look forward to putting on my favorite dramatic winged eyeliner. I mean school dress codes are dumb enough. Personaly makes me feel confident and feminine. If you feel good wearing makeup, Wear It! 😀

• Yes because it's their face

Many people think it would be distracting or something along those lines when the fact of the matter is that the teachers are there for legitimately only one reason which is to TEACH and how is something on someone's face that THEY have chosen(exercising their freedom and free right) to put on THEIR(their face not anyone else's BUT their OWN) face hindering their education or the ability to take in the INFORMATION that is SUPPOSED provided by teachers who should be more worried about students' education and not worried what's on THEIR face

• It's her face.

Not my face-- HER face.
    Why are we demonizing make-up? Is it considered a sign of maturity? But don't we want mature people? Doesn't having freedom allow you to put whatever you want on your face, And if you get pimples, Then its your fault for not washing it off?
    Again-- Her face. Not mine.

• So many reasons

This should go without saying.
    -if a girl choses to wear makeup, That's her choice nobody is forcing her either which way and she should have control over her own face
    -the ability to have complete control over the way you look is very empowering.
    -doing makeup in the morning can have a very similar effect to yoga or meditation, Putting you in a better state of mind at the beginning of the day making it easier to focus in class
    -freedom of expression
    -lifts self esteem/ helps you learn to love and accept your natural face
    -promotes individuality

• It feels empowering and doesn’t affect anything.

People who say “it’s a distraction” or “it’ll lower the self esteem of the other girls” or like “people will make fun of her”.
    1. How is it distracting, It’s just powder and other products on his/her face. It only becomes distracting when you bring it up.
    2. It won’t lower the self esteem of others. If they don’t like it they can look away, Or even wear makeup as well.
    3. People are always gonna find reasons to hate.

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Because I say so

Because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so

• Sure, let's promote more waste of money and time and encourage material-based superficial confidence.

Of course, it's girls' own choice to wake up hours earlier than necessary every school day to put on makeup and ensure that they look perfect. It's also their choice to spend their or their parents' money on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, and the list goes on and on. It's their own choice to compete with others, not just with their clothes and hair, but also with their makeup. It's their choice to become more preoccupied with their appearances than with education, to spend hours in front of the mirrors even at school. It's their choice to let makeup beautify their faces and to let it give themselves confidence, and it's their choice to feel ugly and lose all confident after stripping it away.

• Slightly in the middle, but more on the 'no' side.

I think that girls should accept themselves and be natural. I think most girls wear makeup because other girls wear it, and they feel like because they wear makeup they get more attention from males and not only. But if someone really feels insecure about their skin, concealer or foundation should be allowed from my point of view. I hate seeing girls who have perfect skin, or girls who have 1 small spot and they apply coats and coats of foundation one on top of another. On the other side, make up doesn't hurt anyone.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools