Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• I agree girls should be able to

Girls should be able to wear as much makeup to a minimum maybe foundation eyebrow and mascara if it makes them feel better LET THEM. Here not disrupting theirs or anyone’s learning time infact the more teacher pull children out of lessons about it the more the teachers are to blame if anything.

• Yes all students should be allowed to wear makeup regardless on their gender.

Makeup is a way to express yourself. Make up is fun and versatile. Every when I wake up and get ready for school I look forward to putting on my favorite dramatic winged eyeliner. I mean school dress codes are dumb enough. Personaly makes me feel confident and feminine. If you feel good wearing makeup, Wear It! 😀

• Yes because it's their face

Many people think it would be distracting or something along those lines when the fact of the matter is that the teachers are there for legitimately only one reason which is to TEACH and how is something on someone's face that THEY have chosen(exercising their freedom and free right) to put on THEIR(their face not anyone else's BUT their OWN) face hindering their education or the ability to take in the INFORMATION that is SUPPOSED provided by teachers who should be more worried about students' education and not worried what's on THEIR face

• It's her face.

Not my face-- HER face.
    Why are we demonizing make-up? Is it considered a sign of maturity? But don't we want mature people? Doesn't having freedom allow you to put whatever you want on your face, And if you get pimples, Then its your fault for not washing it off?
    Again-- Her face. Not mine.

• So many reasons

This should go without saying.
    -if a girl choses to wear makeup, That's her choice nobody is forcing her either which way and she should have control over her own face
    -the ability to have complete control over the way you look is very empowering.
    -doing makeup in the morning can have a very similar effect to yoga or meditation, Putting you in a better state of mind at the beginning of the day making it easier to focus in class
    -freedom of expression
    -lifts self esteem/ helps you learn to love and accept your natural face
    -promotes individuality

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

• People should defiantly be able to wear makeup (male or female)

I honestly am baffled by the way people have a viewpoint on makeup. Some girls and boys don't wear makeup because they don't feel confident and they want to attract guys. Some people wear it because they love makeup. I (personally) don't go full out with makeup. I just put on a light BB cream and sometimes I wear mascara (I'm in 7th grade). I wear makeup because I like the look of it. I don't wear makeup because I "hate" myself. Thankfully in my school it's not against the rules to wear makeup. Honestly, if it was I would wear makeup anyway. It is my face, I am allowed to do what I want with it. Can come to school with blue eyeshadow and yellow lipstick if I wanted to. It's MY face.

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

No they should not. Students wearing makeup would be judged by others bullying would occur more frequently. Not to mention students wearing makeup would be scolded by teachers. So I oppose girls wearing makeup to school :):

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

• No, definitely not.

I had a great number of problems with girls and make-up in school. This included makeup being lost or stolen from bags, girls putting make-up on in class when they ought to have been concentrating on the lesson; make-up so heavy it looked silly; mascara running; girls being bullied because they did not wear it etc etc etc. Let's be sensible - make-up and school uniform does not mix!

• It makes others feel bad.

School is for learning, not to find relationships and distract other students. Many teens have a hard time applying makeup and is often the topic of gossip. I cant't even tell you how many times I have heard " eww, what is wrong with her makeup, she would be so much prettier if she blended, etc." If no one wore make up then no one would be made fun of for being a cake face or compared to other girls how wear more makeup. Instead of saying make up makes you confident and thats why you should wear it, you should think that if no one wore make up then you wouldnt have to compare yourself to others.

• It's school people

Make-up isn't art. When artists do their work they don't sacrifice their own health. If you have done your homework on make-ups you would realize how harmful they are to a students health. Students don't make their own money making them rely on pocket money. Pocket money isn't enough for the students to buy the make-ups and as a result the students start to buy cheap but harmful ones

• No no no!

I believe this is not right. It's school, not a fashion parlor or a beauty contest. It's simply a waste of time. And it's also a waste of money. Sure people want to look perfect, but it's still not perfect even though you put make up on. So forget it.

• Makeup is not good

Makeup is for adult people. Adults have to find jobs and they need to look good. Plus makeup is not good for children skin. And most teenager most do makeup because they want themselves look pretty and that can make teenager thinks myface is ugly and lose confidence. I think makeup is bad.

• Be happy the way you are

It's ok to wear makeup for special occasions (the people will go wohhhhhh)
    But at school isn't the best if your really not that comfortable not wearing makeup that's worrying
    It's ok to dress up sometimes and wear makeup
    And wearing makeup all the time also wrecks your skin
    You should be happy the way you are and not thinking your ugly or anything
    And sometimes makeup goes the worn way instead of making you look nice, it just goes all wrong (like over done eye liner)
    Just be happy the way you are

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools
>