Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• So many reasons

This should go without saying.
    -if a girl choses to wear makeup, That's her choice nobody is forcing her either which way and she should have control over her own face
    -the ability to have complete control over the way you look is very empowering.
    -doing makeup in the morning can have a very similar effect to yoga or meditation, Putting you in a better state of mind at the beginning of the day making it easier to focus in class
    -freedom of expression
    -lifts self esteem/ helps you learn to love and accept your natural face
    -promotes individuality

• It feels empowering and doesn’t affect anything.

People who say “it’s a distraction” or “it’ll lower the self esteem of the other girls” or like “people will make fun of her”.
    1. How is it distracting, It’s just powder and other products on his/her face. It only becomes distracting when you bring it up.
    2. It won’t lower the self esteem of others. If they don’t like it they can look away, Or even wear makeup as well.
    3. People are always gonna find reasons to hate.

• Yes, Make-up should be allowed in schools.

Make-up should be allowed to be worn by girls and boys, It’s basically taking away a right for them. They do it to become confident with themselves and some even have conditions like Anxiety which make-up can help with and it makes them less self conscious. Also, Some students get bullied because of what they look like, That they’re not pretty enough, But as soon as they glow their look up a little. They may not be and then the student will have better respect and mental health. And yes, I do think that everyone should just accept everyone for who they are, But some people just can’t either they’ve been bullied themselves or they’re just not nice people, We all know they exist in this world. By writing this, I mean no offence or harm, But just to participate in something for young people. Thanks.

• Does it effect anyone at school other than the girl?

I really don't understand why teachers and principals care so much it has nothing to do with them and it's not their choice. Some people think that you're trying to hide your face when you wear makeup but I think you're bring out the beauty in it. I'm 12 years old and I wear mascara and a bit of cover up once in a while cause I don't need or want that much yet. My mom says that it's a great way to express yourself and get ready for when you're older and actually need it. At my school we also don't have mirrors cause they don't want us checking up on ourselves during the day. . . . . WHY😒this should not be a problem that they feel the need to fix. Unless they are ACTUALLY TEACHING us to be body positive instead of just taking away rightso that we have as girls. I think that this should be something for the parents and the girls as it has nothing to do with anybody at school and it's not principals and teachers choice or job

• They are allowed to wear it

It does not matter if girls are wearing it. It is their choice. Not everybody needs it but it helps people to boost their self esteem and confidence at school. If make up distracts people from school than they should ban it but currently it is fine. I think it shouldn't matter anymore

• What's the Problem?

Many people wear makeup not to impress anyone. They do so to boost their self-esteem, Self-confidence, Etc. They wear it to make them feel better in themselves. Some don't even wear that much! Many people think makeup is used to impress someone or to attract a partner. Like stated above, There are still many who do so for their own psychological reasons, Not physical.

• It’s not a problem

In my opinion a girl can wear makeup if it gives you confidence go for it girl! They wear it so THEY feel pretty not for someone else, So why not let a girl be confident and look beautiful at the same time? It’s not a problem last time I checked no ones getting hurt by wearing a little makeup.

• It’s not a problem

• It’s not a problem

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools
>