• Let. Them. Live.

The leading arguments against girls wearing makeup are senseless. Why do people always assume girls are seeking the validation or attention of boys? Even if they are, It is to none of your concern. Can a girl experiment with makeup or be confident in herself without being hated for it?
    Yes, School is meant for education. However, Physical appearance does have a part, For it can affect self esteem, Opinions, Etc. Let girls live! It's literally freedom of expression; makeup doesn't hurt anyone.
    Not to mention, Please stop associating makeup with just girls. It should be open to any gender.

Goodness sake, It isn't that deep. For once, Can society give others the chance to breathe. All of these boundaries are suffocating.

• Girls + MAKEUP + HEELS = AWESOME

It's their own face and their own body. The teachers are paid to teach the kids, Not to throw tantrums. I love seeing sexy girls in my school, Coming in wearing heels and makeup and both the boys and the girls like it. I love seeing my girlfriend Sophia come in looking beautiful. What's the problem?

• Makeup Rules! If girls want to be sexy, Let them be sexy

If girls want to wear makeup, Let them. It is their right. If they want to look prettier and sexier let them. I love seeing girls in my middle school walking in looking sexy. Also I wish girls could wear heels (stilettos/pumps) to school because they look so good in them. My girlfriend looked the best and the prettiest in her 4" heels (on a Spirit Day when you could dress up however you wanted). Girls should be allowed to look as sexy and pretty as they want.

• Yes of course they should!

I’m 15 and find it hard to leave the house without makeup on let alone go to school where there’s loads of other people that are gonna be in the same building as you for the whole day! I personally can’t see why kids shouldn’t be allowed to wear makeup? If the teacher can why can’t the student? This also applies to things like hairstyles and nail polish etc. I’m naturally blonde therefore I don’t really have eyebrows or brows that are visible and in today’s society brows have become a very popular thing and almost like a social standard! I was bullied and picked on for years for not having any and now I do them everyday but sometimes get told I’ve got too much makeup on all bc I look different then what i did when I started the school 4 years ago? ! Well obviously I look different Karen ppl change, They grow and try out new things! Of u don’t do it when you are young then it’ll only cause trouble if u do when you are older!

• NO. No. No.

No. You say what now! ? Like girls aren’t allowed to bring there beauty kit right? Wrong. In my opinion Girls have to be mature enough to wear makeup. But who cares? The teacher might just think it’s chapstick or lipstick instead anyways. Girls hav makeup for a reason 1. Beauty power 2. Girl power. 3 feeling confident and 4 5 and 6! You can’t tell the difference!

• Girls shouldn't feel insecure in school

Girls feel really insecure when going to school and not being able to do what they love to do. Wearing makeup should be aloud at the end of the day its for education so why are teachers so bothered what students look like they should care about how there education not the way they look.

• There’s no reason why not

Make up isn’t hurting anyone, It’s not affecting anyone’s education. If it makes a teenage girl feel better about herself and just have a tiny bit more confidence, Why shouldn’t they be allowed. If school “isn’t a beauty pageant and is about education” then why give students punishments, Suspend them and take away from their education for wearing a bit of makeup to boost their confidence.

• We have every right to wear makeup

God doesn’t care what i look like so why should you?

Teachers need to calm down. Banning makeup is controlling and a violation of rights and dignity of students. What does banning make up actually accomplish! ? It’s distracting? Well get used to it in the real world guess what? People wear makeup. It’s inevitable so learn to face it now. You are making kids vulnerable by blocking out what is coming in the real world. They need to learn how to just not get bothered or distracted. Teachers should not even get distracted. That is disgusting and disrespectful. We should be forced to change our appearances cause our own teachers are distracted. That is sooooo stupid and controlling. We have the RIGHT to choose how we want to present outselves to others. And by taking away that right you are taking away security, Dignity, Confidence, And freedom. You are making students uncomfortable and stripping them of there dignity without even giving them a choice. This is a SCHOOL the last time i checked, Not a DICTATORSHIP! I find these rules to be appalling, Disturbing, And violating. It is NOBODYS right to tell you how you should look. NEVER LET ANYONE MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE AND PUT YOU IN A VULNERABLE POSITION! !

• We have the right to wear makeup

• Yes I think makeup should be allowed

I think it is a form of self expression, I personally wear bc it makes me happy. Not so I can get the approval of others. I think it’s 100% fine if you don’t wanna to either. Some days I don’t some days I do. And there are ways of wearing makeup, But keeping your skin healthy at the same time

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools