Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• For sure it should be aloud

Get a grip! Its their face! If they feel uncomfortable about their skin their eyelashes, brows, face shape, whatever it maybe then they should be allowed to enhance the beauty they have. I am 15. Yes i wear makeup. Is it a big deal? NO! I have huge pores and blotchy skin, under eye circles etc and it does lower my confidence and wearing a little makeup really helps me to feel a little bit more confident in myself . I don't rely on makeup to make myself feel pretty but it does help me. Im not naturally "perfect" nobody is! Everyone has insecurities and us girls should be allowed to wear makeup to make us feel whatever we want to feel. Its fun! Its part of growing up and experimenting. We should be allowed to make our own decisions and people should respect that. It is so annoying when all these people are saying aw ye it attracts boys attention, you are just wearing it so boys notice u. Like seriously why can we not do something for our selves why does it always need to come back to that. I WEAR MAKEUP FOR MYSELF, NOT OTHERS. FULL STOP!

Posted by: HYEA
  • Yes ! !

Why would it be a problem ? I wear makeup to school and get forced to remove it , this happen a lots and I got put on report so I have to get my teachers to tick that I’m not wearing makeup 9 times a day (every lesson and assembly and registration) this is a confidence knock down and even if the makeup being worn is ‘a lot ‘ why should that matter ? If a student is trying as hard as they can to work hard it shouldn’t matter ! This is so so wrong

• Yas the should

I think girls and boys should cause i am a young girl in primary school my self. I have never wore it to school my self. But it made me want to cause over the half term my mum and i got some make up and i love it and feel the need i wear it.

• Yes they should

Makeup won't stop you from learning. If I wear black lipstick will it suddenly make my grade go from A to D? No! Makeup should be allowed. It's allowed in college and jobs so why not school? How will it negatively affect ones education? Well it won't. It's just makeup.

• Yes, they should be permitted

School is there to teach, nothing else. Sure, they have rules and all that, but what's the problem? If the student is wearing correct uniform, getting good grades, not causing disruption, then tell me; what's the issue? If they want to spend their money and time looking nice and putting some effort into how they look and not just waking out looking like a zombie, then no one other than their parents should tell them they're not allowed to do that. If the teachers don't like what they're wearing, boo hoo, go cry to mummy, but it's not your child, not your choice, NOT YOUR ISSUE.

If the child makes the conscious decision to get up that 15 minuets earlier to give them the confidence to pay attention because they're not worrying if anyone is snickering about them, then I believe makeup shouldn't be so heavily discriminated and frowned upon, I don't see why the school should care. It's out of school hours, therefore none of their concern.

• Make up is ok!

If you think ist bad to cover up skin with a tiny bit of make up then you are crazy. If someone is wearing bright blue lipstick and purple eyeshadow then I get it. If you just put on a little bit of concealer and mascara it won't kill anyone. Maybe you have perfect skin and don't need makeup. If so good for you. For some not wearing makeup its like leaving the house naked. If it makes you confident that where is girl should not have to give up something that they like. If it makes them happy then who cares.

• Yes of course i need it

Because i have been read a story that talk about a girl that she have been see her face in the mirror she says that she are not beautifull and in that time she had never see in the mirror she was thinking that she have to but a makeup that way she choice the makeup

the writer by life exprience

• Yes we should

We should be able to express our selfs and then if we do get i trobule we will go to the bathroom and then wash it off or if we do wear makeup it will not be a lot it can be a little like a little bit of mascara, eye shadow and blush we dont need a lot

• Yes we should

We should at least be able to wear a little to school because we are allowed to and if we do wear the make up and get away with it and not get in trouble and if we do we can go to the bathroom and wash it off so that is ti

• Yes we should

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools
>