Should God be allowed in Heaven despite breaking his own rules (sinning)?

Asked by: CapnKy
  • This question is blasphemous and reeks of ignorance.

This is typical Secularists' reasoning. This is from the mind of someone who doesn't know God, and probably doesn't know the Bible either.

It's like you are critiquing a book, or a play, or a movie, but you have no idea what the lead character is all about. To someone who knows the character, your comments seem truly ignorant.

God is not man and man is not God. Atheists usually describe God with attributes and abilities of a man. Basically, they come up with their own concept of god, project that erroneous concept onto the real God and use it to somehow condemn him.

Isaiah 55
    8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
    9 As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways

Do the same rules apply to a small child and to parent? Or does the parent set the rules for the child because the parent knows what's best for the child?

The relationship and God and mankind is that of a parent and a child, so how can you expect the same rules to apply to God?

• A Funny Question

I respond with questions of mine. Is a judge no longer a judge for breaking the law ? Is a president no longer a president for disobeying the constitution ? Do you call yourself good despite all the bad stuff you've done ? Is a policemqn who murders to apprehend a criminal committing a crime ? Some lawyers will lie to save an innocent person, are they right ?

• Lol what da...

God cannot sin because He's God, and seeing as though He created rules He technically dosen't break them and really, none of what you people are saying makes any sense because after all He's God which makes Him perfect and so on as He can't sin for the simple fact that He's God and thus does everything in a way that none of it is sin.

• What the HECK?

God sinned?
    When did God sin?!?!?
    Idiots...
    God is perfect and holy and he cannot sin!
    No one allows him into heaven, it's you who won't be in heaven. We are the sinners and we can't get into heaven unless we believe in his Son, repent and put our trust in Him.

• No no no

What is is that you say he supposedly did the atheists? You say he sinned but that is it, what did he do, which sin , do you people think at all before posting here? Well you should, this is debate.Org, not flatulence.Org, so start thinking and stop darting, it smells.

• He is not pure.

He has sinned by breaking his own rules numerous times, thus he should not be allowed in the sanctuary of the pure - heaven. And since he has sinned, and the Trinity is no longer pure, the blood of Jesus Christ would not be enough to save anyone else. So either no one is allowed in or everyone is.

• Should God be allowed in Heaven despite breaking his own rules (sinning)? No.

According to the definition of Sin all the actions that are against the wish and teachings of God are considered as sin. But God is Omniscient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent. He could most probably prevent sin from occurring in the first place. However, he has allowed the devil and sin to exists in spite of being omniscient. He has all the powers in his hand for prevention but he has chosen cure and purges. This makes his own good decisions go against his free will. So he technically can not be allowed in Heaven. But we also need to remind ourselves that God has chosen to be in the hell also out of his love towards his sinning creatures.

• Evil shouldn't be in heaven.

Lets see... Genocide, slavery, sanctioning women to be treated as property, murder and being a hypocrite on nearly every rule he makes? If he is good by definition, then xian's seem to be confused on what "good" is.

Oh yea! He banged that Jewish tart out of wedlock... What was her name? Mary Mother of Jesus! Then he scapegoats his bastard son! Quality parenting. I hear he didn't pay child support either.

But seriously, there is no sensible argument for saying god is good based on the bible. All xian's can do is close their eyes and ears (& minds!) to profess what any honest person would know is false. If good is objectively true, and based on god's rules... God should put on his big boy pants and live up to his proclamations or accept that his place is with the rest of us sinners.

If we aren't talking about the xian god, I will be willing to reevaluate my statement.

• A pretty funny question.

Yeah, the dude does a lot of screwy stuff.

For example:

"Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark." (Genesis 7:21-23, NIV)

God quite literally murders every single person on Earth, minus Noah and his family. All of them death by drowning. Directly breaking the Sixth Commandment, if I remember correctly,

"After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”" (Genesis 22:1-2, EXV), and "When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”" (Genesis 22:9-12, ESV)

God makes Abraham nearly off his only son, who he loved dearly. Just because. Y'know, as loving Gods do. Not exactly a specific rule-breaker, but I'd say that's still some twisted stuff.

Plus some more miscellaneous murder with “The Lord smote the Ethiopians … they were destroyed before the Lord,” (2 Chronicles 14:12-13), "And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died." (1 Samuel 25:38), "So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it; And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse." (1 Chronicles 10.13-14)

And, the cherry on top, "I kill … I wound … I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh." (Deuteronomy 32.39-42)

I look at this like I look at lawmakers breaking the laws they pass/create. Yeah, they were the ones that made them, but they're still subject to their own rules, whether they like it or not. If they weren't, that'd be pretty hypocritical, wouldn't it?

>