• Make it legal!

Spice walls up and make them more alive with street art and graffiti!
    Graffiti should be legalized all around the world. It trully makes people happier and it is alot nicer to look at than a blank wall. Graffiti is also a way to be creative and express your self

• Graffiti is art and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Graffiti is a very beautiful art form that is unappreciated because of laws against it. For some people graffiti is an escape because they are living in a situation where they are exposed to drugs and gangs but they choose their art form instead. And honestly, when has graffiti harmed another person?

• Graffiti should be legal

Graffiti has been around for how long now? And lets face it, most of it is tasteful. Graffiti isn't truly harming anyone, and there are more serious crimes that co should be chasing people around for, not bothering people for writing on the sides of buildings. Let it be legal, why not!

• Graffiti is a unique expression of street art

While pasting graffiti on private property may be illegal I feel that this is an art form that is appropriate. Some artists make a beautiful statement in their community. While distinguishing between art and gang symbols may be difficult, this graffiti adds culture to a bland industrial landscape. There is all sorts of canvas and materials to utilize for art. Why not a bland cityscape? There is a difference in graffiti and vandalism. Wanton damage of property should not be encouraged but I have seen some fine examples that could be photographed and placed in a museum. Sadly this graffiti will never be recognized as true art.

• Yes, it is needed for free expression.

Graffiti is beautiful part of the outside world, it's art that isn't contained by a canvas, and in my opinion is the purest, most unfiltered form of self expression. Graffiti can express an opinion, finish a thought and add a unique beauty to the plain industrial world. Without graffiti many would be left unheard. It is a voice for the voiceless.

• Graffiti is a way to express yourself or the world around you.

If you take the word graffiti to its Italian roots, it means "to scratch". It doesn't mean destroy property or vandalize a wall. There should be specific places for artists to utilize as graffiti canvases, and it should be understood that graffiti is not always an act of aggression or rebellion.

• Yeah it should

I think that there are two types of graffiti, there is art graffiti and written. Many people express their opinions with graffiti, also graffiti art is very creative in what they would want to say or express and I think that it should stay in the world for people to enjoy.

• Graffiti Is A Lifestyle

The world can never be perfect, there will never be one religion, one race, one lifestyle and that is what makes us who we are! If the world look at the same picture there would be millions of comments, all with various points of views. In this world we are faced with a handful mental journeys and attitudes, optimism , pessimism, dreamers, realism, curious, logical... Were all different and we should not be ashamed of who we are, and it should not be forgotten in our heads, and this is expressed by some people and we like to call it graffiti.

• Graffiti is regulated

In urban communities there is a hierarchy among artists. More experienced or well known painters can squire "territory" which they patrol and protect. They want their "territory" to be filled with meaningful art and to be the best. If someone places a piece using explicit language or vulgar themes in their area, it will be removed by the "owner" of the territory. The government should not be concerned about trying to censor the art because the artists will work it out themselves.

• Graffiti keeps property values in check.

Too often the law is written with only the interest of those with money in mind. Those that aren't used to seeing graffiti (rich people) often perceive it to be associated with other crimes. Considering graffiti as destruction of property is arguable because the property still functions as it did before and graffiti has no real connection to any other crime. Graffiti is often used by the poor to deter rich people from moving into their neighborhood and driving rent up. Of course governments side with the rich because they supply more revenue to the city and ultimately more tax dollars. There isn't a law against stifling economic growth yet. Therefore lawmakers attack symptoms such as graffiti in the interest of the rich.

• I love graffiti but...

I love graffiti with all my heart,don't get me wrong. But Graffiti wouldn't be graffiti if it was legal. The beauty of graffiti is that some one is going out and risking there freedom for Art. If graffiti was legal the place would be a mess. Graffiti would be everywhere and it wouldn't be as special anymore because it legal. The reason why its so interesting is because Its against the law. I've been taking pictures of graffiti for 4 Years now and this question gets ran by me a lot. My final answer is No. Its the rebellion factor that makes it beautiful. Lets keep it that way.

• That's not really possible.

"Graffiti" is only graffiti when done illegally.
    From the picture though thats "Graffiti art" not graffiti
    "Graffiti art" is based on graffiti and stenciling techniques to create art but graffiti itself is usually just vandalism
    In which case there are ways to do it legally but most people find its too bothersome. It takes the cooperation and permission from a community and/or the building owner. From which to give the okay. Depending on the community, permission is needed because if the job is done improperly it can make the value of homes go down and people lose money because of that.

• Obviously not

If it's not on your property, it is vandalism. Such blatant disregard, and in fact disrespect, for property is in no way good. Should we paper mache your house because we think it would be more artistic than that bland coat of paint you have? No argument saying "but it's art!" is anything but childish. Yes, it can be art, and quite interesting art at that, but that's not the point - it should not be legal at the expense of someone else's property.

• Graffiti should not be legal

Graffiti, like it or not, is art. That is not the problem. The canvas is the issue. Arguments for legalization seem to ignore the simple fact that these acts are committed on someone else's property. Graffiti is the vandalization of someone else's property. Plain and simple. It is no different than keying someone's car.

• Legalizing graffiti would be depriving citizens/states of their rights.

While I strongly believe that graffiti is art and that it should be considered as such, I cannot agree that it should be legal. I personally enjoy graffiti and love seeing it...I find much of it beautiful, inspiring and deep...But that does not override the fact that it is vandalizing another person's property. Citizens have the right to their property, and unfortunately, so does the state. Legalizing graffiti is essentially doing away with yet ANOTHER personal freedom, which is the freedom to own and protect property. Because of that (and that only), I believe graffiti should remain illegal. Property is one of the inalienable rights, after all.

However, it is an extremely minor offense, and should have a much lighter punishment than it currently does. No one should be thrown behind bars for expressing themselves artistically, regardless of its legality.

All in all, graffiti should remain illegal...However I continue to stand behind graffiti artists and their statements. Graffiti is beautiful, and I honestly wish it didn't have to be illegal. But it does.

• It's not graffiti if it's legal.

Myself being a huge fan of graffiti and having actually done the act before, believes that it shouldn't be legal.
    Why?
    Graffiti wouldnt be graffiti if it was legal. Graffiti was founded by acts of rebellion and freedom of expression and being able to write whatever you feel on a wall and nobody being able to control what you put up there. It also cant be legal because it's uncontrollable. You cant stop whatever somebody is putting up on that wall. No matter how vulgar, explicit, racist, inconsiderate, ignorant, or vulgar. If it was to be made legal the goverment would try to set rules to it and try to limit what people put up. But that could never happen because graffiti is all about freedom.

• It is Vandalism

Graffiti is indeed art, but that is not the problem. The fact that people risk getting arrested for art and freedom of expression is cool, but we have to take in consideration that it is vandalism. People's property is being damaged just for art, which is why it is illegal. It doesn't matter how awesome it looks if it is destructive to people's things.

• Public space doesn't mean public canvas.

Public space doesn't mean public canvas. I can take a dump in a fountain and call it a streat art installation… That is not much different than graffiti. There is no way of knowing who will make what. The public needs to have a direct or indirect way to have a say in it. It's a public space after all.

• Graffiti is art and art is the way to show others their wondrous side of them

Graffiti is art and art is not to harm others or to displease people. Its a way to show how you are and show your wondrous side of you and look at others and learn and create something new out of them and show their creations they made, to the public. I mean really, now. How can harmless, creative drawings, be a crime. Drawings don't kill nor rob or even harm anyone ! I mean, sure one graffiti may target more graffiti makers but, that's because to the others, their creations and something new to learn. Its creativity ! Harmless creativity !

• Definitely NOT RIGHT!

If people did it wherever they wanted. For example, on a shop wall they should be made to pay a massive fine because the council and taxpayers have to pay money to clean it up!

Also, it's not fair to the shop's owner because it makes their shop look messy so nobody will want to go there.

FREEZER says2014-11-13T13:06:43.143
No !!!!!!!!11eleven!!!111