• Graffiti is art

Imagine it's a dark, Gloomy day. The clouds are covering the sun, It's pouring down rain, And the weather isn't getting anytime soon. You take a short cut to work down an alleyway, What's the first thing you see? Probably garbage cans, But then you see a wall of bright art known as graffiti. It helps lift you're mood knowing that even on dark days, Things are shining brightly.

• Graffiti should be legal

Graffiti should be legal because graffiti is art. It doesn't matter If it’s on private property or not graffiti is art and if it makes a person happy than they should get to continue doing what makes them happy. Not everyone that does graffiti is bad they don’t want to break they law but if they want to do graffiti then they don’t have choice to break the law because they’re going to continue doing it. So people just need to get over the whole thing about people vandalizing private property and just let graffiti be legal it’s not that hard.

• Graffiti needs to be legal

Its a way of people expressing them slevrs plus when graffiti is legal there would be less people in jail asdfghjklkjfdszsdfyuitkjmhngfdaesfrtyuilu tymhgrsgtkut sdgh dfrhtvb drh grhesf dfb sdfgr drg fdg sdv dfb dfb dfb fg vgt tg g g gg g g g gg g g g g g g g

• There is a difference between graffiti and vandalism.

Graffiti is art, It brings joy to people and allows people to tell their story and express themselves in a lot of different ways. Vandalism is ruining something when people just spray paint on walls or other things just for fun not really creating an image. I think that Graffiti should be legal but just have some guidelines on what you can and can't do.

• Hi hi hi

I think that it should be allowed as doing graffiti shows the artistic side of you so you can work on an amazing art. Also it shows how well you are doing at art and how good you want to get also it shows that you have been in that lace

• Graffiti should be legal

There is no point in fighting the situation. If you allow it or don't, People are going to do it anyway, And besides its really cool to see and amazing that people can express their emotions and it really displays their talent. I mean that takes practice and it always looks so perfect. It's amazing to look at and I always look out the window in my parents car to see the graffiti.

• Yes yes yes yes

A scientific experiment was done and people that are looking at blank walls are more likely to get depression and also stay longer in hospital
    and intensive care and need more painkillers and drugs to feel better. So why don't we help them and make the world a happier place with less depression please I'm just one person but together we can do it please do the right thing and wright to help the world.

• Graffiti should be legal

Bcuz its an amazing way to express yourself to the world. It creates an happy and colorful environment. Some artists feel that they have done something wrong bcuz of the police. They just want everyone to enjoy the piece of art and even add on if they wish to do so.

• Every art has a story

Art has always been a good hobbie for me but i get sick of drawing and painting i think graffiti is more cool because it just stays the waiting for inspire more people to use graffiti i also don’t want to loose my passion for graffiti and want to show people what i can do of course they will make rules if they change it legal but at least you can do graffiti

• I think yes

I think yes because graffiti is art, And art allows exprssion, Even if it is illegal. Graffiti does not hurt anyone. There is more then 80% of people who say graffiti should be legal and that is why I think that any type of graffiti should be legal. By?

• No

I don't understand why anyone would say it should be legal. Graffiti is visual clutter. Some of it might be attractive at times but you can't control what people will spray paint on our public walls. People have a right to choose what they see, and graffiti takes away that right. It can sometimes be extremely explicit.

• It ruins everything

Graffiti should definitely be illegal. First of all, it just shows a visual melancholy of obnoxious colors and miscellaneous shapes and words. It completely destroys the beauty and purpose of anything that it is on (unless that objects original purpose was to get graffitied). Also, I think it should be tolerated on the owners property only. Even on public property, it ruins what the object could look like to all of us who have any shred of class or consideration for others.

• I love graffiti but...

I love graffiti with all my heart,don't get me wrong. But Graffiti wouldn't be graffiti if it was legal. The beauty of graffiti is that some one is going out and risking there freedom for Art. If graffiti was legal the place would be a mess. Graffiti would be everywhere and it wouldn't be as special anymore because it legal. The reason why its so interesting is because Its against the law. I've been taking pictures of graffiti for 4 Years now and this question gets ran by me a lot. My final answer is No. Its the rebellion factor that makes it beautiful. Lets keep it that way.

• Legalizing graffiti would be depriving citizens/states of their rights.

While I strongly believe that graffiti is art and that it should be considered as such, I cannot agree that it should be legal. I personally enjoy graffiti and love seeing it...I find much of it beautiful, inspiring and deep...But that does not override the fact that it is vandalizing another person's property. Citizens have the right to their property, and unfortunately, so does the state. Legalizing graffiti is essentially doing away with yet ANOTHER personal freedom, which is the freedom to own and protect property. Because of that (and that only), I believe graffiti should remain illegal. Property is one of the inalienable rights, after all.

However, it is an extremely minor offense, and should have a much lighter punishment than it currently does. No one should be thrown behind bars for expressing themselves artistically, regardless of its legality.

All in all, graffiti should remain illegal...However I continue to stand behind graffiti artists and their statements. Graffiti is beautiful, and I honestly wish it didn't have to be illegal. But it does.

• If it not yours why would you paint it?

If I come to your house and want to paint a smiley face on the back of your new ride, you should be lucky and consider yourself tagged and proud cause I shared my art work with you and everyone that sees it. Cool, if you caught me doing it you would prosecute me for vandalism. But if you want to go to another public area and tag it with art it is considered art and should be legal? It is vandalism of public or private property and is wrong. And should carry a more severe penalty than just the normal slap on the wrist that seems to carry or it wouldn't be so hip to be out tagging everything.

• Will cause problems

People would be allowed to put their own art on public walls, and this would give people the ability to spread their religion, and this will cause major issues with people that don't believe in that particular religion. Also this would allow gangs to put threats and other messages out legally. Also this could be used for terrorism and other acts against certain people and even against the government.

• That's not really possible.

"Graffiti" is only graffiti when done illegally.
    From the picture though thats "Graffiti art" not graffiti
    "Graffiti art" is based on graffiti and stenciling techniques to create art but graffiti itself is usually just vandalism
    In which case there are ways to do it legally but most people find its too bothersome. It takes the cooperation and permission from a community and/or the building owner. From which to give the okay. Depending on the community, permission is needed because if the job is done improperly it can make the value of homes go down and people lose money because of that.

• Obviously not

If it's not on your property, it is vandalism. Such blatant disregard, and in fact disrespect, for property is in no way good. Should we paper mache your house because we think it would be more artistic than that bland coat of paint you have? No argument saying "but it's art!" is anything but childish. Yes, it can be art, and quite interesting art at that, but that's not the point - it should not be legal at the expense of someone else's property.

• Graffiti should not be legal

Graffiti, like it or not, is art. That is not the problem. The canvas is the issue. Arguments for legalization seem to ignore the simple fact that these acts are committed on someone else's property. Graffiti is the vandalization of someone else's property. Plain and simple. It is no different than keying someone's car.

• Selfish and artistically dubious

Living near somewhere that regularly has graffiti painted has coloured my view somewhat due to the antisocial behaviour it attracts. Most graffiti isn't art, Very little of it has had any ounce of creative thought put into it and it gets selfishly scrawled all over the walls of private property.

FREEZER says2014-11-13T13:06:43.143
No !!!!!!!!11eleven!!!111