• Been here since my husband passed.

My daughter asked for "all hands on deck" to help deal with her growing teenage children. After my husband passed, I moved in with them. There are LOTS of trials. Yet there are many more supportive situations. Had I not moved in, The grandchildren would not have the respect they need for elders. My daughter is still the number one female in the house. When she is not able to deal, I step in. They have learned respect for elders.

• They should live together

Multi generational housing is good for the grandparents for they are near their family and can be close to them, but also the children, because there are sources of wisdom and extra helping hands around the house. Of course, I'm not crazy; both the family and the grandparents should want to live together before everyone starts combining into the same house. But who should decide that? The family, or society?

• Depending on the lifestyle

This is a very common practice in many countries around the world and it's also an opportunity for grandchild and grandparent to form a bond and have a relationship that is usually without the the presssures of being an actual authoritarian figure, as the parent usually is perceived. It has it's ups and downs, I know from personal experience, but I believe that having the wisdom and the extra care and live in the house for the children and extra support for the parent and grandchild is usually beneficial.

• A heavy burden

What about those who are orphaned by their parents, or those who have no one else to take care of them. I understand the need to be independent, but sometimes life doesn't work that way. It can be burden, but in a way, you're not all alone in the world

• No family member should be forced into an arrangement, but yes, if all parties agree, there are many benefits to the arrangement.

Multigenerational households are hardly a new phenomenon but have existed throughout history. Not only is the economics in everyone's favor, but there also arises a closeness and connection between the family members; rather than having a few individuals on their own, the family has immediate support. The elderly benefit from the vitality of the younger members, while the younger members have the wisdom and support of the elders.

• Yes they should live with them.

I feel that grandparents should live with their children and grandchildren. In most situations grandparents make less money than their children so it is both economical and the right thing to do to live with their children. When grandparents do this they can take care of the grandchildren while the parents go off to work and earn a living for the entire family.

• No, I don't believe grandparents should live with their childen and grandchildren.

While it largely dependent on financial and health factors whether or not a grandparent lives with their childen In genreal I think it's a poor idea, it adds an extra element for members of the household to have to worry about and take care of that was not there before.

• No, grandparents should not live with their children and grandchildren.

No, grandparents should not live with their children and grandchildren. Not unless it is absolutely necessary and they can't care for themselves. The children and grandchildren need to be able to start there own lives and grow together without the grandparents interfering. And quite frankly that's too many people in one house.

• People need to spread out.

I know this is popular with some cultures and countries, but I'm not a big supporter of multigenerational housing. I think that everyone needs their space to become independent and fully functioning. Call it room to grow, if you want. Obviously, issues where care is needed and can be provided by a family member is a different situation.

• not at al

No, I do not think that it is a good idea for these people to move in and live with their family. Their kids need to be able to be out on their own and get to go and live their own life, and not have to worry about parents.

• No they should not unless it is really necessary. . . . . . I believe in normal family values. . . . .

I believe 2 sets of parents should bring up children until its time for the children to get on with their own lives. . . . . . If there is only 1 parent then it is ok for children to stay until they have their own to look after. Grandchildren should only require grandparents when necessary not seeing them everyday.

• No they should live by themselves

They are chinese so they have so lack of respect. They spit in the sink and toiolet without flushing it or rising the sink. They over all smell bad and they always talk with their mouth open. Have some respect for us or us grandchildren may never learn how to be proper

• No not at all

Although, I do respect the cultures who do multi-generational housing and the families who do it, I don't believe that there should be any grandparents living with their children/grandchildren. There are some scenarios that can be okay to do this with like being a single-parent, Supporting your kids, Helping out, But other than that FOR ME, It's a no go. My grandma wants to stay with us and live in our house but she's only 56 and has her own business, Not sick or ill, And lives in a house completely paid off by my grandfather. We only spent a lot of time together due to the house buying process and my mom is starting to think she's just buying the house for my grandma, Children, And her own grandkids, (grandma) who keep talking about her "Dream house, " which is the one we're in the process of buying.

• No, For the sake of the grandchildren.

In our culture (US), It is often not a good idea to have grandparents live in the household. Think of all the special things your grandparents did just for you growing up. Think of the exceptions they made for you, The extra little freedoms that your parents wouldn't allow, And the lovely way they glorified you as their precious grandchild. Our culture teaches us that grandparents spoil their grandchildren. Now, Imagine having that every day growing up. Being treated that way is no longer "special". It becomes the standard for you to be cared for. Facing the refusal of something you want becomes a great challenge, Because you didn't have to learn to cope with those situations growing up. It may work for some families, But a majority of the US population should stay avoid this situation.

• No they should not

Me as a child I want to live with my mom but my grand parents say no and im very mad because its hard not being able to live with my mom and their just keeping me away from her and I guess they just don't want me to be happy