• Lawful and responsible gun owners don't shoot innocent people. Evil thugs do. There is a big difference (they are not interchangeable)

Felons, Mentally unstable, And drug users are banned by federal law from possessing ALL firearms. If someone thinks laws will keep people from being evil, Why not just make it illegal to murder people?
    More gun laws only restrict lawful and responsible gun owners who prevent violent crimes 500, 000 to 3 million times each year (google: Obama 2013 gun study)

• I feel fine

I feel fine if someone has a gun in church. If someone is going to do a shooting. They are not attending, They are just going to bust in and start shooting. Bad people don't ask permission to shoot you. They just do it. Don't you think that is so rude they never ask. . .

• Might makes right.

Something people oft forget. If an armed psychopath walks into a building intent on killing everyone inside, How will you stop him? With kind words? With helpful intent? Maybe you won't, You'll run for your life like the coward you are? Or will you take it up as your duty as a man to protect yourself and others around you and either kill or incapitate him, Whichever comes first?

Yes, It is unwell that there is a need to bring weapons to the house of God, But it's the result of the times we live in. The only thing that stops bad men with weapons is better trained or more numerous good men with weapons.

• Yes to Guns in Church

People don't understand that guns will be in the church, in ALL grocery and department stores, and so on, and so on, and..... I understand that God is in sole control of this universe but as a church member I also understand that the bible's reference to being led to slaughter is more figurative than literal. If it's not my time to depart this Earth, and if a terrorist or unstable person enters my church with a gun, then God will steady my hand and guide my aim.

• Sell Your Cloak...

The Lord commanded his disciples to buy a sword.

David was a holy man... And a general.

The Constitution declares that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Churches are the target of terrorist attacks... From the outside world.

Firearms have existed for over a thousand years, and yet firearms laws did not exist until 1968.

Nuff said.

• Why Not Allow

The church is coming under intense push back lately. And it's only going to get worse. I think you can find biblical support for self preservation. I pity the poor decision of someone coming to our church to hurt someone in it. Let's be honest, it's not like there's a bunch of church goers waiving their guns around in the air.

• So afraid to offend

Every person has the inherent right to protect themselves from harm. Churches, like schools, are a target of disturbed people. Maybe it is just my luck, but I don't really think it is, that every church I have attended over my lifetime, in three different countries, has had cliques and groups that fought with each other over petty things like the color of the cover on the hymnals, the Sunday school teachers, whether to teach the word based on events or strictly follow the liturgy. It is a personal choice as to what one chooses to do to protect themselves and on rare occasions there is only once choice - Fight or die.
    Not allowing guns in a church building, based on fear that a person that follows the law is going to shoot someone not following the law is ludicrous. Laws are in place to protect people, even the laws that allow men and women to carry firearms. Circumventing the law to give a few people the warm and fuzzy feelings does nothing to improve safety, only opens the church, as an organization, and its congregation up to a higher likelihood of bad things happening.

• Guns in church can prevent mass shootings.

If given a weapon to defend themselves, would you assume the common folk would follow the directions and defend themselves, or go and possibly harm hundreds? (Plot twist: the insane and mentally unstable go with the second option.) Thus, people who are well capable of, well, not going insane, are able to be trusted with defending a place where shooters might target.

• Yes, to guns in church.

Imagine sitting in church then a crazy person walks in and starts shooting the place up. One instance there’s a concealed carrier who stops the shooter and prevents things from getting any worse than they were, but the other there is no such person so the shooter kills/injuries everyone. Which instance do you want to be a part of?

• Reason to not carry?

If you trained and can legally carry........Why not? You will not want to go out to your car to retrieve your weapon if a crazy person comes into the church with a gun and starts shooting. It's probably one in a million but do what makes you comfortable. Thank you.

• The Lord would not support guns.

Bringing a gun into a church is simply immoral. A church is supposed to be a sanctuary. You go to church to relax and find peace, and maybe ask God to forgive your sins. If you even needed a gun in church, the person you are defending your self from is completely insane. Any person willing to go into a church and attack people belongs in a mental institute.

• No way!

Someone might shoot people in churches. Why bother allowing it. The right to bare arms is only meant for hunting. So why even bother to bring a gun to church when you don't hunt in a church. Plus, shooting is unholy. Another reason why guns should not be allowed in churches.

• Guns are bad.

This is impossible to debate pro for because it is simply wrong in every possible way. Threatening to kill people is unholy, having a weapon of murder in a church is unholy and a bullet is definitely likely to shatter the holy stained glass. I shall conclude that this now has 50 words.

• Only Qualified Users should have guns. Those such as police officers who practice weekly and may be able to handle a panic shooting incident.

A non-qualified individual (an ccw with no other ongoing firearm training) trying to shoot the bad guy in a church full of worshippers may not turn out as the yes folks on th left expect. If an innocent person is injured or killed the lawsuit will be against the shooter and the church, and could effectively close the church due to financial losses.

When a massacre occurs, the perpetrator will have planned their actions and will have the drop on everyone in the church, he may have an assault rifle with multiple thirty plus round clips. Worshippers will probably be listening to the sermon and will be taken by surprise.

There is not a perfect solution in the times we live in. Jesus told his disciples to drop their swords (Matthew 26:52). This indicates that they were armed, but had a different calling in that situation. Jesus's kingdom was not of this world, where is your kingdom?

• But.... Why would you need to?

I don't see the point. There's no real reason to. There aren't many common situations that would require this so it's basically just carrying a piece of metal into a sacred building. Also, accidents could happen so let's just... Keep them outta the church, ok? Safety isn't on every weapon.

• Don't resist an evil person

Bringing a gun into a Christian church violates the instructions of Jesus in Matthew 5 when he says, "You have heard it said and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I tell you, Don't resist an evil person." There have been many attempts to explain why this verse doesn't mean what it says, but three centuries of Christian pacifism testify to a simple explanation. The American Christian church depends on guns because it has lost its trust in God.

• No

Although guns themselves aren't bad, we have no reason to take them with us in public. I think all guns should be left at home unless you're taking it to the shooting range. I don't believe in ANY gun control, but that doesn't mean I think people should bring guns into public places.

• Disrespectful plain and simple.

No, certain people need to remember this wasn't an attack on Christians. People who talk about peace and love all the time sure seem eager to strap up. The NRA loves it I'm sure. A lot of "Christians" spend Sundays spreading hate speech against gays, last thing they need is a gun to stroke being hypocrites.

• Absolutely not!

A church is a sanctuary, a holy place, and violence has no place there. The idea that gun carrying members will save the congregation for a crazed gunman is hype and silliness. There is no logical reason to allow people to bring weapons of any kind into any house of worship, and they should be banned.

• No

I see no reason to allow guns to be carried in churches. Because of that, I say that any police officer or soldier should surrender their firearms before entering a church. There's no reason a state agent should need a weapon while inside of a church. That's what this is about, right?

>