• Yes, healthcare should be free.

Health care is a basic human right, and should therefore be free to all citizens. No one should have to chose between food and their medication, or heat and going to the doctor. In addition, no one should face bankruptcy because of an illness or accident. Everyone should have access to healthcare.

• Health care is a right.

Health care is not a privilege that only certain people should be entitled to. Treatment for disease and illness and a chance at good health is something that every person should have access to without having to struggle to afford it and end up struggling even more just because something unfortunate happened and they needed expensive treatment. Health care should be free because the right to health should be something easily available to everyone.

• Everyone is Entitled to Live

I'm not a Communist. I do agree that if you work at getting a PhD, you're entitled to a higher standard of living, but it does not increase your right to live. Everyone should be entitled to health care, regardless of their income, and that health care should be free to ensure that poorer people are not worried to go to the hospital for financial reasons. Also, the idea that 'other people' are paying for your healthcare is silly, everyone pays taxes. The wealthy might pay more, but they can afford to.

• Health care is a basic human right.

• Anyone who disagrees is against human life.

I go by that opinion. I saw the documentary "Sicko," by Micheal Moore. It was absolutely stunning. In the United States, many people do not have health insurance. One guy cut two fingers off at work, and was only able to get one finger re-attached, because he did not have health insurance.

Even those with health insurance have problems. First of all, the list of things that can make you ineligible for the coverage is extremely long. You can end up being denied for omitting the smallest thing in health records. One woman got denied because of a yeast infection. There was also one man who got denied free health care for cancer, because the treatment was "experimental." He ended up dying. A similar thing happened to an 18-month old with a high fever. She also died. There were also some "happy" costumers who said how glad they were about the health care. One of them was denied coverage for her "non-life threatening" tumor, and ended up dying from it. Another was denied for cancer, and it spread.

Finally, the people who do the denials pretty much don't care. One scene showed a man in a court hearing talking about how he doesn't even read the denial papers when he signs them. He just stamps his signature. Another scene showed how the people who work at these health insurance companies get a bonus after every few times they deny free health care.

Even some doctors are complaining about that system.

Fortunately, for me, I live in Canada, with free health care. No denials. And you don't even have to sign up for or "pre-approve" the insurance.

• Free health care

Free health care, yes, and so if you are for free health care, you are for abortion. Yes, we all should pay for our own insurance if we feel the need to obtain health care--to pay those monthly fees from your employer/insurance carrier. IF we cannot afford health care, we will be unable to make adequate payments in time or even a payment, so we're sent to a collection agency, being called and called for 7 years until the bill is gone--why pay when there's not a huge infraction from not paying the bill?

Health care should be provided to those who do not have income, are homeless, and cannot support themselves, but if you want to add more taxes to the ballot, paying for your health care, firemen, law enforcement services, and so much more, let's do it!

You all think you do not pay for other services, but you do; however, this service will make the economy more depressed than it is now, adding more fees by governments to the employer and so forth. HUGE companies need to pay for health care, especially when their CEO's make +$5 Million plus a year--they need to pay for health care...Multicare....

• Free free free

Our government isn't God, money is what it is all about. They have great health care we pay for it, but we all get screwed. What are we paying taxes for? They sent all our jobs over seas so people can't make money for healthcare, let alone pay home, gas, food and water and electric. Why do we need a government with people use it as a life time, they should only have a term of 4 years and get out. Most of them are so old they don't worry about peoples health. And with Obamacare they voted without reading it and the supreme court couldn't have read it either. God gave us life and our government is taking it a way. It is a shame that people have to die because they can't get the care they deserve.

• Universal health care is probably the best option

Government run universal health care is the best way to bring down the costs of health care. On top of that, it frees up businesses from having to find insurance for their employees. It also brings down stress levels in individuals since they don't have to worry about a major illness bankrupting them.

• Health Care Should Be Free For People Who Were Born Here!!

I think health care should be free because my next door neighbour but one has had 6 heart attacks in the last 2 years, fortunately his hobby is running so he keeps fit so it was easy for him to power through the heart attacks. After his 5th heart attack his wife died from Cancer which he had to pay for the grave, coffin and plot, on top of his 2 grand bill for the hospital he is 84 and now because of all this is in major debt unfortunately.

• Bo way people

No it should not If health care be free then how can a doctor earn money and make a living? On the other hand many people die each year because they don't have enough money to pay and treat their illness . Then in my idea each government should give doctors an amount of money and of course a place to work in and treat the illness of poor people

• Badly worded question

I believe in universal health care and a single payer system. But the question asks if it should be free. In that system it is not free because it is paid for by tax dollars that everyone (in the workforce) would contribute. So it would not be free. It would be like a health insurance plan where everyone is in the pool.

• Many can afford it anyway

Why should people pay taxes to support the free health care system for those who can afford it anyway? Taxes saved after health care becomes means tested could be spent on other things, such as research into better medication, for instance, or into better health education, so as to save the country from a population that is ignorant of what is and what isn't healthy to eat. It could also be spent on free exercise regimes...How about a free zumba session in a mall or a free workout in a park?

• No it should not

If health care be free then how can a doctor earn money and make a living? On the other hand many people die each year because they don't have enough money to pay and treat their illness . Then in my idea each government should give doctors an amount of money and of course a place to work in and treat the illness of poor people

• No free health care

I am no expert on political issues since I am a only teenager but I believe that health care should not be free for everyone. Most people out there who will read this will probably tell themselves that this kid wants some people to go without a necessity of life, they would be wrong. What I do not want is the government controlling the health care. I believe that if a person cannot afford health coverage, that he or she should search for financial aid from the community they lives in. Also, as a member of that community, one should help as much as possible and not blow that person off thinking someone else will help them. I am not a stranger to the people in my community who truly need free health care, many of my friends need it. However, the government has a hard enough time making a website for their health care plan and I, for one, do not want to put my life in their hands.

• Taxes will raise

Health care could not be free because it will never be free. Even if we make it affordable to everyone in america it will never be "free" because we will have to find a way to cover the cost... And every indication points to this being covered by taxes being raised.

• No, health care should not be free.

Nothing in life is "free." Health care services that a person doesn't pay for might seem "free" to that person, but it is being paid for by someone else. Any good or service that a person receives should be paid for, and the person should now how much it costs. A problem in the American healthcare system is that because of government healthcare (Medicaid and Medicare) and low insurance co-pays, people are completely out of touch with the true and exorbitant cost of healthcare.

• I do not support it

You can't have other people paying your fees just because you can't afford them. I believe that there are a lot of ways to cover your health care fees by not having someone to pay it for you. Instead of this the government should lower the cost of healthcare for those who can't afford it. They should also raise a lot of programs regarding healthcare like free check ups so that people would knew their problem as soon as possible for chronic and life threatening diseases that are hard to cure are more expensive. Prevention is the best cure.

• Not free, Affordable

I will say no to free healthcare care but yes to affordable. I’m fine with lowering health expenses by 10% but free healthcare, Then you not only took away the doctors paychecks, Now you have to pay your health expenses through government taxes that make up what the government can’t pay. Nothing is free. Would you rather have expensive healthcare, Or free healthcare with high taxes that are used to fuel the healthcare industry? Nothing is free whether you like it or not

• Health care for everyone

I personally think that health care shouldn’t be free, Because if it is free, Then people would be going in for a seasonal cough, And would be booked before for example someone with a broken leg, Or cancer. It just doesn’t make sense. Also the doctors would be going in for years of training and eventually wouldn’t get any money because there is no money to give to the staff.

• Healthcare shouldn't be free.

1. There isn't a single government agency or division that runs efficiently; do we really want an organization that developed the U. S. Tax Code handling something as complex as health care?
    2. "Free" health care isn't really free since we must pay for it with taxes; expenses for health care would have to be paid for with higher taxes or spending cuts in other areas such as defense, Education, Etc.
    3. Profit motives, Competition, And individual ingenuity have always led to greater cost control and effectiveness.
    4. Government-controlled health care would lead to a decrease in patient flexibility.
    5. The health-care industry likely will become infused with the same kind of corruption, Back-room dealing, And special-interest-dominated sleaze that is already prevalent in other areas of government.
    Patients aren't likely to curb their drug costs and doctor visits if health care is free; thus, Total costs will be several times what they are now.

Anonymous says2013-03-14T17:36:06.840
Health care should be free