• My opinion.. Why.

As you know, not everyone can afford medical/insurance. Think about all of the children out there who are sick, and the parents can’t afford to take them to the hospital, they are buying them over the counter medicine, which isn’t working, that child is getting deathly ill. Now the parent is forced to take their child to the hospital and now they have more stress added to their plate, what’s wrong with their child and how are they going to pay for all of the treatments. What if someone has cancer, the treatments are very costly, and I didn’t know money was more valuable than someone’s life. There are some hospitals that will accept people with no medical, and there are some where they will ship you away because you are costing them too much debt. The hospitals that do accept patients with no credit end up sending a humongous hospital bill, with a certain amount of time to pay it off. Common sense is that the person doesn’t have medical because they are short on funds, they have enough money to pay the bills and keep food in their children’s mouths, nothing extra. Also some people, like my grandmother, did not go to the hospital because they did not have medical and couldn’t afford any extra charges, they stay home suffering, until it’s too late and there is no saving them. If hospitals would’ve been free or even twenty dollars a visit, nothing too expensive, she would still be here right now, it’s not fair to my family and I that we lost someone so close to us because of money, and it’s not fair to her that her life is over, because her sickness was too strong. Here’s an example, your five year old daughter, let’s say, starts off with a cough, no big deal, you can just bring her to the store and get her medicine. Two weeks later, the cough is still there, but now she has other symptoms, you keep trying to heal her by giving her soup, a lot of fluid, and medicine, for it to only get worse. Now one day she is in bed and you go to check on her and she’s nonresponsive, you’re shaking her and she’s not budging. Now she’s at the hospital and they are doing all kinds of surgery on her to save her life, where is the money coming from? You know you cannot afford it? What do you do? Ignore the bill and become in debt or lose your house or have your lights turned off because you are paying off a bill by a certain time, with money that you don’t have. Step into the shoes of people who don’t have much the little bit of money they make, just think about how it would be if you don’t have medical, no help or anything, think about it like it was happening to you. Hospitals should be free or a very inexpensive amount

• Health care is a basic human right.

Health care is a basic human right, and should therefore be free to all citizens. No one should have to chose between food and their medication, or heat and going to the doctor. In addition, no one should face bankruptcy because of an illness or accident. Everyone should have access to healthcare.

• Without a doubt...Yes

We should not be setting an expense on someone's life! As a result I think that all hospitals in Australia should be owned by the government so that the doctors will be payed by the government. There obviously could be one or two clinics in each suburb for colds and flu's but it doesn't mean we have to pay for our health. The government should also provide free health care and treatment to diseases like cancer. How would you feel if there was an emergency for someone close to you in your life and you didn't have the money for the treatment? Government, why don't you just make health care free of cost!

• Yes as it is a civil right

The American health care system only takes care of the rich. There are multiple people who are unable to afford the expensive costs of health insurance and there are many people without coverage. Imagine a single mother with three kids. One of those kids develops leukaemia. The mother is already struggling to pay her bills, let alone the costs of healthcare in the states. The child dies due to lack of treatment. In Canada, the child would have had a fair chance of having survived, due to them having government paid health insurance.

• What if it was you

What if you were a homeless person and sick but you needed healthcare, but you can't afford it what are you going to do now. Nothing. You can't it's way too expensive. Think about it and see why it should be free or at lest people can afford it. Put yourself in there shoes.

• Health care is mandatory! Free for all, with some exceptions...

Health care is something everybody needs. A price should not be put on someone's life, the 2 do not compare. It is a terrible thing that we should pay such large quantities of money to things that may not even help! 64 million Americans cannot afford health care and I believe that that is too much. The prices should either be very small or completely free. I do however think that some people who intentionally do something against their health, should not be given more than 1 unpaid surgery. Ex. If an alcoholic needed a liver transplant, he would receive one. But if after the surgery he kept drinking and drinking and had damaged his liver once more, than his next transplant should require a cost.

• Yes but hard to answer correctly

Yes but no at the same time since if health care as free that would raise taxes but those taxes would be split up throughout us all but would you rather tons of people die a year due to not having health care or pay 8% tax instead of 7%

• Do good not bad

This is a really good way of helping the people who really can't afford to go to a doctor and get themselves checked. I have seen example of a family that just migrated to New Zealand and one of the member in the family started feeling really sick but they didn't go to the doctor because they were really scared that the doctor might take a lot of money from them. I think i am thinking of another here and that is that some people who are actually new to NZ don't know that how much the doctors fees is which makes them come to an conclusion of not going to the doctors and just taking Pandole will help.

• Yes because yes

Yes nno no no jo no yes nriknienb fuihgb eufk ien hfhf n asny t f d za r r g gg gs gg r e ew a a aaaaaaaa tg h tttte e tyhgesd sxdr r ryr ree ee e ee e r t y y yy y yy yy y y

• Medical Care should be a fundamental right

I can't believe that our constitution skips over the most obvious right that anyone should have. People should not be rejected medical attention because they can not afford it. I find that very absurd, medicine and medicare should both be covered by taxes. I wouldn't mind raising taxes if that is what that is what it's going to.

• Badly worded question

I believe in universal health care and a single payer system. But the question asks if it should be free. In that system it is not free because it is paid for by tax dollars that everyone (in the workforce) would contribute. So it would not be free. It would be like a health insurance plan where everyone is in the pool.

• Many can afford it anyway

Why should people pay taxes to support the free health care system for those who can afford it anyway? Taxes saved after health care becomes means tested could be spent on other things, such as research into better medication, for instance, or into better health education, so as to save the country from a population that is ignorant of what is and what isn't healthy to eat. It could also be spent on free exercise regimes...How about a free zumba session in a mall or a free workout in a park?

• No it should not

If health care be free then how can a doctor earn money and make a living? On the other hand many people die each year because they don't have enough money to pay and treat their illness . Then in my idea each government should give doctors an amount of money and of course a place to work in and treat the illness of poor people

• No free health care

I am no expert on political issues since I am a only teenager but I believe that health care should not be free for everyone. Most people out there who will read this will probably tell themselves that this kid wants some people to go without a necessity of life, they would be wrong. What I do not want is the government controlling the health care. I believe that if a person cannot afford health coverage, that he or she should search for financial aid from the community they lives in. Also, as a member of that community, one should help as much as possible and not blow that person off thinking someone else will help them. I am not a stranger to the people in my community who truly need free health care, many of my friends need it. However, the government has a hard enough time making a website for their health care plan and I, for one, do not want to put my life in their hands.

• Taxes will raise

Health care could not be free because it will never be free. Even if we make it affordable to everyone in america it will never be "free" because we will have to find a way to cover the cost... And every indication points to this being covered by taxes being raised.

• No, health care should not be free.

Nothing in life is "free." Health care services that a person doesn't pay for might seem "free" to that person, but it is being paid for by someone else. Any good or service that a person receives should be paid for, and the person should now how much it costs. A problem in the American healthcare system is that because of government healthcare (Medicaid and Medicare) and low insurance co-pays, people are completely out of touch with the true and exorbitant cost of healthcare.

• I do not support it

You can't have other people paying your fees just because you can't afford them. I believe that there are a lot of ways to cover your health care fees by not having someone to pay it for you. Instead of this the government should lower the cost of healthcare for those who can't afford it. They should also raise a lot of programs regarding healthcare like free check ups so that people would knew their problem as soon as possible for chronic and life threatening diseases that are hard to cure are more expensive. Prevention is the best cure.

• Not free, Affordable

I will say no to free healthcare care but yes to affordable. I’m fine with lowering health expenses by 10% but free healthcare, Then you not only took away the doctors paychecks, Now you have to pay your health expenses through government taxes that make up what the government can’t pay. Nothing is free. Would you rather have expensive healthcare, Or free healthcare with high taxes that are used to fuel the healthcare industry? Nothing is free whether you like it or not

• Health care for everyone

I personally think that health care shouldn’t be free, Because if it is free, Then people would be going in for a seasonal cough, And would be booked before for example someone with a broken leg, Or cancer. It just doesn’t make sense. Also the doctors would be going in for years of training and eventually wouldn’t get any money because there is no money to give to the staff.

• Healthcare shouldn't be free.

1. There isn't a single government agency or division that runs efficiently; do we really want an organization that developed the U. S. Tax Code handling something as complex as health care?
    2. "Free" health care isn't really free since we must pay for it with taxes; expenses for health care would have to be paid for with higher taxes or spending cuts in other areas such as defense, Education, Etc.
    3. Profit motives, Competition, And individual ingenuity have always led to greater cost control and effectiveness.
    4. Government-controlled health care would lead to a decrease in patient flexibility.
    5. The health-care industry likely will become infused with the same kind of corruption, Back-room dealing, And special-interest-dominated sleaze that is already prevalent in other areas of government.
    Patients aren't likely to curb their drug costs and doctor visits if health care is free; thus, Total costs will be several times what they are now.

Anonymous says2013-03-14T17:36:06.840
Health care should be free