• Of course I do

Because high school asking for a lot of money for field trips and homecoming and stuff like that. So maybe having A LITTLE side change wont hurt. Cause your parents don't always have money for you to go do things so you miss out.......Trust me this is coming from a high school student

• Learn workplace skills

If a person's first job is not until later in life, then mistakes they may make in the workplace, which would be more likely to be excused when made by a kid, could really affect employment. Getting a job while still in high school allows students to learn about the nuances of the working world before they are a full-blown adult with all of the expectations that come with that.

• Yes because you don't know their story and reasons.

I'm sorry that most of you think it's not necessary but we all have reasons to work, some just want to enjoy their youth others need to help with their families. It might be helpful to start working early as a teen. Yeah I understand that we teenagers need to focus on our studies but yeah sometimes we just need extra money for our selfish needs instead......So yeah

• Teaches life skills u can't get from school

It teaches kids time management, team work, budgeting, the value of a dollar. Builds confidence, exposes kids to others outside of the environment. Learn about life outside their normal world. Teaches them to stay in school and study because if they don't hey will end up working an entry level job for more than just high school. Teaches them to respect your boss and great customer service skills. Exposes them to different careers they may not have thought of. Networking opportunities. Let's them try out something they may or may not like for a career.

• Doesn't really crossover for me.

I am a sophomore now and I've had a job for 2 years. I had B's and C's before the job and I still have them. So what if a few assignments didn't get turned in, your not going to get everything done in life. The only time I've had problems is when I have to do a paper after work. You stay up a little later than usual, but get over it cupcake the world isn't going to give everything to you.

• School work and work don't have any crossover for me.

• Ohh yes ,

It will help them be ready for whats to come....The Iluminati WILL COME AGAIN AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! It will get them ready so the Iluminati will not posses there soles (how ever the heck u spell that word) ....Just kidding!!...But be ware... May god save us all ,

• They should work

Kids in high school need to work. Not very many of them can say that they do and a lot need to. It teaches them responsibility and time management. They all are becoming self centered and not caring. They all need a reality check fast and bad. They all need a job

• Everything in moderation.

They can work, but need to find a balance. Doing well in school should remain their number one objective. But it's never too early to learn responsibility and the value of money. They are so close in age to possibly being on their own, that you don't want them going into the world clueless. They can't appreciate what it takes in life if they don't at least get a taste for it.

• Yeah Yeah Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

• They don't have time to really work.

It's totally unfair for them not to get paid to be educated. Some have a job and most of them can't and don't. It would be nice if nobody has to work until they turn 18 and graduate. They deserve to get paid for all the hard work they've done in school. They need to get paid, But not a whole lot, I say $25 a week and 10 cents per point on an assignment, Projects, Etc. That means 48 cents on an assignment that you have a 4. 8 on. Getting paid will help them pay for all the graduation supplies, Senior trips, Pay to get in to the dance, Senior ads in yearbook, & possibly sporting events. Some have a job because they don't get paid to go to school.

• Too much strees

High school students get homework, assignments and they need to work all at the same time, this is simply just too much work for a teenager and this could lead to stress. Too much stress leads to mental health issues, like anxiety, because they need to do everything by either a due date or at once.

• Jkjkjkbnbdjklgbsrjkgjkasdfbnjgwryetjsryhjtyjkrysjyrsftjj h h

They shouldnt because of kids like juancho mackenzie because he is to imature they shouldnt because of kids like juancho mackenzie because he is to imature they shouldnt because of kids like juancho mackenzie because he is to imature they shouldnt because of kids like juancho mackenzie because he is to imature they shouldnt because of kids like juancho mackenzie because he is to imature

• Too much Pressure for the students

Wwwwwwww ednajk fgh adf adfhgdfjcvn gh gfjkdgh kvhdfkghf kdhg kghdfkghsfdjg f kfh hh h hh h h h hh h h h hh h hhhhvbhbfuhh h hfh fh uh fh fuh fuh ufh fuh ufh fh huf bvh f h fuhf hufh fu bfu fhbhf bufvfuvggdgfugfvyfgbf f f f f

• Hyt h tyh

Tdhteyhn thdhtg tht b hg dt yte ttyhh theh tyhet rt ert ht th thh hh hhth h ht ttyh tyeeeeeee eht they hane to concdop' ok ok;.,s kdifc olidcsk lkoiaf ;ijoaimpj oinjmffg g g g gg g g ggggg gg g ggg g e e e e e e gr

• No, they should not work

High school is a pre-universitary institution and should be treated accordingly. Taking part time jobs puts a lot of stress on the child. If american 18 year olds can't have a beer, they shouldn't work (or drive a car for that matter but that's a story for another time). Why do you think that it's so hard to get a job nowadays? Employers can easily get cheap working force by hiring teens for short periods and persons who search long term jobs aren't welcome. There is also the argument that "College is expensive" and I don't object. Paying for college is a drag but the real question is "should college cost anything at all?". The US universitary system is far from being the best in the world so why is it so expensive? England has cheaper tuition fees and way more scholarship possibilities. Germany and the northern countries have no tuition fees, or symbolical ones. I think we all can see the cracks in the system which were solved by making high school students think that "working is cool". The people who promoted this didn't think that if you give a child the possibility of working he will become less interested in studying. Let him also drive when he is 16 and there you have it folks, a young adult who is contempt with his life and who doesn't need college because "it's too expensive". (the reason why he started working in the first place).

• No, high school students should focus on school.

Students should take into consideration the effects of what employment has towards their education. Dealing with both school and work at the same time may decrease a student's chance to succeed in school. These chances are lessened by the possibility of failing classes due to lack of time to study. Working can also get in the way of their social life, because they will be too busy with school and work to have time to do activities with friends or families. Students should consider staying in school, work on improving their grades, focus on graduating, and enjoy their high school experiences. Students shouldn't worry about earning money and acquiring work experience at this time, because they will have more opportunity to accomplish those after graduating.

• I dont think

I am a high schooler and my mom makes me work. I hate it. I have almost no free time now and my grades are suffering. I used to have straight A's since like 4th grade. Now i am in 11th grade and I have mostly B's and some C's. The only good thing about it is I acn buy myself a car eventually.

• No, they shouldn't

• Takes away jobs

I am 18 years old. I started looking for a job in my senior year of high school. Many of my classmates had jobs in their sophomore year of high school. I am in college now and thank god for scholarships! It is very frustrating when I see high school students who have been working for 3 years. I have had many promising interviews, but it doesn't work out because of my COLLEGE schedule. Sometimes interviewers ask why I haven't had a job in high school. By high school students starting to have jobs so early it makes it harder for everyone else to het a job. I can only imagine how someone with kids who hasn't had to work in a while feels.

>