• student rights earned

My name is Diana V. I am a student at Foothill High School and I am writing an essay on whether or not high schools should have an open lunch campus. Here are some of my ideas. I believe sophomores and higher grade levels should be able to leave for lunch and come back by the next class. When the school keeps students on campus it makes the students want to leave. First of all, the food isn't as good as it would be for ex. At McDonald's or Taco bell, everyone knows cafeteria food is not that appetizing. For students to concentrate better, don't we need a good meal? I think so. Second of all, if the school is concerned about students "ditching" classes, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to keep track of attendance after lunch. Confront the student about their skipping and punish them for it. Punishment could mean cleaning the tables after everyone at lunch, after school detention, or taking away off campus privileges. Third of all, when students leave campus and COME BACK, it shows dedication to return and learn. Also students learn responsibility and it's helping us be ready for our independent life as adults. Thank you for taking your time reading this:)

• Definetely a good idea

Agree with all of those above :)

An open campus could also save the school a whole lot of money. Less staff. There would be no need for people monitoring the hallways and cafeteria, and also substitute teachers wouldn't be necessary. Substitute teachers don't give the required acedemic education, and are usually only there to make sure the kids don't run away, but if there was an open campus, they wouldn't be necessary.

Also, the school shouldn't be responsible for children that go off campus. Americans like to have someone to blame, but there is really no reason to give the scholl responsibility for someone who is not there. Sometimes the kids make stupid decisions, but it is the parents responsibility to teach them how to live a proper life, and show them the right way.

• You're not my dad

The school is not my fam and they cant take my rights and i have a right to take away my lunch they can 1v1 me in a parking lot and get rekt cos im lvl 90000 frekin nuubs. Mlg. To guud for u . MLG. MLG. MLLLGG. PEPPA
    PIG. MOUNTAIN DEW.
    420 blez

• Darren is awesome

I i i i i o i i ini ii i i i i ohh b b b v v. B b n n n n n g b h h n h hb n n h bb n n b b. H h h b. H h bhb b

• All high schools should have open campus lunch's

All high schools should give the juniors and seniors leave campus to get lunch, whether its at home or a restaurant. If students leave and don't come back then suspend their license for a week and they'll learn responsibility and if not suspend them for the rest of the year.

• What do the kids want?

I'm doing an essay in my English class about high school off campus and I didn't have very many sources to give me facts why we should. So I did a survey for my class to take and when the results came back to me, 97% of my class agrees that they should be allowed off campus, right now its going through student council.

• It helps prove students are responsible

By having the PRIVILIGE of being able to leave campus, will help students learn to be responsible with their time , and they will learn that if you abuse a privilege then there will be a punishment for your actions. If student abuses their privilege, then simply removethat privilege from said student

• We should have open campus lunch

Students aren't eating because of Michelle Obams healthy lunch. Kids are just throwing away their fruit or they aren't even getting a lunch. We can get a small break from school and get a lunch of their choice. They are happy because they get a good lunch. Now if a few kids decide to beat the system then they should get it taken away. No reason to punish everyone for a few students actions.

• Schools should be open to the ideas of open campus

Why? Because some students could take a really good advantage of it and use it responsibly. The actions of some should not speak louder for everyone as a whole. Understanding to the reasons of those who say no, open campus could honestly be a great thing on part of many. Why not try it?

• U luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ittttttttttttttttttttttttt

Luvvvvv itttttt ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! !! !! ! !!

• Some of the schools lunches are good and tasteful as wanted and needed .

All this about nutrition is good but have you looked into the type of school lunches that are given to school lunches? The school that i go to don't give out much tasty food so i prefer to have an open campus to have more tastier food to eat during lunch.

• No because of accidents

Another concern for parents is the concern of students crashing is a high concern for parents and faculty. In the United States during 1998 and 1999 some school districts had experiences where students crashed around lunch time (Saslow 5). Students risk of crashing is very high around the lunch hour. “Crash rates over the lunch hours were significantly higher for teenagers” (6).Parents say that the students should stay in school for the students can have a nutritious lunch and the students won’t be able to miss any academic classes. The students may not learn how to be responsible when the students have the privilege to have ‘Open Campus’ lunch. The students could fall into peer pressure and get into trouble.

• It's very dangerous

This could allow people to get hit by cars or intruders to enter. Since the doors would most likely be open that would allow intruders to come into the school. Students that cross the road could be put into dangerous situations. This overall is just simply to dangerous for high school students. Freshman age from 14-15 which is still VERY young.

• We should not allow open campus lunches.

High schools should not be allowed to have open campus lunches because this could be an open opportunity for mischief. Some students may leave and not come back to their classes. Some students have the opportunity to use drugs or consume alcohol while they are out on their lunch periods. Some students may very well abuse this privilege therefore, schools should not have open campus lunches.

• Rekin u skrubs

Schools should not have open campus lunch. If they do, this increases student drug and alcohol use. Students can now go home when their parents are at work or out of the house to use these illegal substances.

This will also cause more car crashes and tickets. Students will be rushing to their favorite places to get food. Just about everyone that buys a lunch says that the food is bad. Schools have a nutrition/health requirements so no matter how bad you think it is, its not THAT bad. At least you have food...

• Students safety is important

Leavening also requires driving and since they only get a certain amount of time for lunch they'd have to rush and that could cause car crashes. This is why we have closed campus at my school. Opening the campus could be extremely dangerous. So that's why I vote closed campus.

• Open campus invites tardiness and truancy

Congestion getting in and out of the parking lot, finding a place to eat, ordering, eating, getting back into the parking lot often make students late to their next class. For some, it is easier just not to return to school for the afternoon classes. When students are off campus they are no longer under the protection of the school district. Parents expect their child to be under that protection. Law suits can result if the child is injured while off campus.

• School Safety Issues

Many school like the one that I attend allow some of the students to leave for lunch. All of the Freshman are required to stay for a certain class that we call interventions. This is a class that the teachers use a shared spreadsheet for each of them to request students when they feel that a student may need help. When an upper class men in our school is requested then they must stay for interventions to get help from a teacher. The freshman at our school are allowed the freedom to eat outside at one of many picnic tables that are outside.

• High schools should remain closed campuses.

Too many times students are rushing out the door, rushing out to the parking lot and their cars, rushing out to their favorite fast food places to grab a bite to eat, and rushing back to school to make their classes on time. All this RUSHING and one day-BAM...A major wreck. It's inevitable and hopefully those schools who have open campuses haven't had a major loss of life in their school, as I have experienced in two of my schools due to open campuses.

• Safety for students

I feel it is safer for students if they don't leave campus. They are less likely to get in accidents due to rushing to get back to school. School authorities can monitor activities on campus. Less drug issues. Also students have healthier food alternatives at school than eating fast food.