• Yes it should

There are huge positive externalities from higher education, Which can lead to better innovation etc. . . An initial investment will be required but eventually there will be returns, Which can be reinvested back into education.
    Furthermore, A right to individuals to discover potential and get the opportunity to become educated and lead a better quality of life.

• 100% Through and Through: Yes!

Many people work hard enough just to get to college, And yet they have to pay for it? I know of many people who go to college because they did not come from much. Colleges are expecting those who are poor to pay for an education? How much sense does that make? We sit in a class day in and day out, Attempting to know what we are doing, And we still have to pay to be there. Higher education NEEDS TO BE FREE, It will save a LOT of hassle in the future for years to come.

• Yes It Should

Having college focus on the student more than the requirements is very beneficial for our society. The more educated people we have, The more we will overall thrive due to better decisions being made as well as discoveries. The only reason I would say no is because we don’t know how to make this possible yet, It could increase taxes exponentially.

• It's really expensive

I am in high school studying year 11 and the cost of all the required books and equipment is just beyond a joke, For this year if i was to order brand new books through my school they would of cost me over $800 but thankfully from the kindness of other people i was able to get all of my required books and equipment for just under $200

• Subscribe guys cya

Hit that like button, Smash the like button and hit the bell icon. Don't forget to subscribe signing off, It's your boy pootist cya. Hit that like button, Smash the like button and hit the bell icon. Don't forget to subscribe signing off, It's your boy pootist cya. Hit that like button, Smash the like button and hit the bell icon. Don't forget to subscribe signing off, It's your boy pootist cya.

• Students would be able to focus more on their studies.

The average student today graduates from college $37, 172 in student loan dept. Imagine all the stress you would be in paying back all this money. Stress can cause you to be distracted in class and you may end up flunking out of school. Also to pay off all the dept you would need a part time job which again would take more time away from your studies. If you are going to end up failing college with all the time taken away from studies and stress build up to distract you, What's the point of even going in the first place?

• Yes for me

Because let we take example of tree if we grow tree and give all necessary thing to it then obviously it give sweet fruit to us else if we dont care then it also not give us proper fruit so if higher education allow all for free then all the students give best result mostly so that its benefit for his country

• Yes, but of course,

There will be consequences. However, there must be a new system that the government can think of, thats what they should do -
    • reduce the street peoples
    • stable politics
    • stable economy
    • produce skills employer and more
    There should be a way to solve every problem.
    I hope that everyone can have an experience to get education for free because learning is a long-term things to do in your life, the more knowledge you gain, the more complete your life. The end.

• Welcome to the losers club

Yes, I do think the government should provide free universal health care for all Americans because when I was in an accident and had to go to the hospital, my parents had to come up with the money before my surgery in order to get it done. They are still paying the hospital every month because we didn't have any insurance.

• It would make our lives easier.

Even though I am still a high school student, I do worry a lot about tuition fees because it seems very intimidating. When I grow older and become less dependent on my family, I have to work for my own. Part time jobs in the middle of finals and studying... Worries about debt... Yeah, very intimidating. It's a dream to get in university, so if it were to be free, that's a ton of weight lifted off your shoulders! Talk about other people who need it, it is the only way to make the world a better place!

• From where will the money come?

Don't just see the 10 percent of iceberg, lets dig till the bottom of it. From where will the money come? Obviously they'll raise all taxes. And it will make the poor more poorer and have no chance at all to send their kids to school. Institution that provides loan will incapable of helping them anymore since if the free education was relevant at that time. All the expenses and daily needs will be more expensive than before. It will be a burden to all...

• Higher education is not water in the ocean, but water in a bottle .

You can take or drink water in the sea as much as you want because it is not made in USA, or Indonesia. No country or no one put the water there On the other hand, water in a bottle (mineral water) is produced by someone or enterprise with a lot of investment. How can the two same different things likened ? Higher education is the mineral water that is produced by professors with high investment. It should not be free. Another reason is at free higher education leads to poor quality because it will be supplied or served by low paid (unmotivated) human resources. BRAVO GATS

• Not entirely

There should be special student loans for those who have less money, but not free. If they could find a way to do this without raising taxes and increasing spending, I'd be fine. To be quite honest, that won't happen.

• Absolutely not ... (Global Village)

Generally I would say that it’s a good thing, to offer education to all for free. But if you take a special view on this, you will notice, that the government cannot offer free education just like that. The government would have to make more money, so they would increase the taxes. So it’s another way of redistribution.
    And if you think, that everyone would have better chances for a job now, then you are wrong. Because there are also other skills asked for some jobs which you can’t learn at the university, for example practice experience. So it’s a bad thing, to offer free education to everyone.

• No, because many vocations do not need or require higher education.

The cost of providing higher education would outweigh the benefits to society. Many vocational jobs require apprenticeships and in-house training, rather than a college degree. So, a college education would not be necessary for many. Furthermore, this would likely further exacerbate the unemployment issue, as there would simply be more qualified candidates vying for the same career opportunities.

Posted by: MarkBuII
  • No. as soon as it is free, the value of it will go down.

Money is needed to fund education, research, and advancements. Tuition is necessary, and as soon as you hand out education for free, the overall value of that education will go out the window.

• If it's free, will we value it more or less?

If we made education free I feel that the value for education would plummet in a downward spiral, along with the value for education. The reason why we value our high education so much is because we know we're putting a lot on the line for the education we seek. The loans we have taken out for this education is what reminds us why we're pursing out this dream. If it was free we wouldn't have as much drive and not to mention many would abuse this education policy. If we made education free how would the professors who teach us get paid? Or the faculty who serves the school? There are many issues with making education free. But if they could lower tuition and give colleges more funding to help support students with their educational needs that would be the proper solution to this issue.

• It could fail in the USA.

Look what people are doing with their rights, which are mostly free. Even if you got it free, that would just start different way of not letting in some people into the best schools. More tests, more everything. Making it free would make it good for some professors as the demand could go up, but then it would be just like a high school program.

• There will be consequences.

Especially when it comes to other means of collecting money from the masses. It is highly likely that the government will expect income from other sources such as rise in tax and ultimately rise in everything possible. And to add, providing it for free means bad quality of education because everyone can afford to have it. Teachers will be less inspired to teach since what they do is something the children hardly value, because they got it for free. Schools also will be of less quality since everyone has access to it. In short, good things come with a price.

• More qualified college grads competing for jobs will reduce pay for all.

There are already tons of graduating college students out there competing for the same few jobs. The more desperate they become, the more likely they will be to accept those "good" jobs at lower pay. Also I think it says a lot about a person who worked really hard to come up with the money to put themselves though school. In the U.S., I know from personal experience that anyone can do it if they put the time in and work hard enough. I earned the majority of my tuition working two jobs near minimum wage, I borrowed the rest and I am paying it off with the job the college degree helped win me. If it becomes free employers will expect it from everyone as a basic requirement, and having a college degree won't mean much more than having a high school diploma. This country cannot afford to be offering any more handouts, though I do favor this handout over funding some other country's war.