Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

It is wrong

It clearly states in the Bible to be homosexual is wrong. God created women and men to love one another that is why in the begining there was only one man and one woman. Having gay parents could cause the child to question his/her sexual orientation where as if they had a mother and a father they would less likely question themselves. I understand that they are humans too and they deserve equal rights. But when the step out of the norm they have entered their own state of equalisim because they have taken the equal right of being married and made it into their own favor instead of the way we were made to love.
Kathyrn says2013-02-18T17:54:30.663
The bible also says 'Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)'

and that if a man cheats on his wife, both the husband AND the wife should be stoned to death. THE BIBLE DOES NOT ALWAYS KNOW BEST.

Kathyrn says2013-02-18T17:56:06.523
it is no excuse to force negative and restrictive opinions on those who do not necessarily even believe in it.
Anonymous says2013-03-01T01:32:26.630
Indeed, the Bible clearly states homosexuality is wrong. But what do you think, personally?
Anonymous says2013-03-06T23:24:13.960
You cannot use your own religious beliefs to argue for a law to be made. You CANNOT. EVER. The Constitution forbids any religion to associate with the law...including those about adopting children. It would violate the Constitution to create a law preventing homosexuals from adopting children on the basis that it is not god's plan. It is called the Establishment Clause.
Anonymous says2013-03-23T19:35:19.743
also in the first testament, jesus calls religious people stupid
Kathyrn says2013-03-23T21:28:07.143
Jesus says 'those who call others 'fool' will themselves be subject to hellfire'. He then goes on to call no less than 4 other people fools within a very short space of time. Do you believe Jesus is going to hell? Then you are already picking and choosing which parts of the Bible you want to believe. All of these things are written in Leviticus, so the incontinuity cannot even be blamed on the different authors of the books of the Bible. To reiterate my earlier point: THE BIBLE DOES NOT ALWAYS KNOW BEST. It contradicts itself at every possible oppotunity, and it also commands us to 'love our neighbour'. Why do you get to pick and choose whether it is right to 'love thy neighbour' or hate gay people. There is no reason to suggest that one point is more important or valid than the other, so it is entirely your choice to hate instead of love. I have no respect for people who particpate in such decisions, and then attempt to absolve themself of blame by citing the words of a 2000 year old fable which supposedly backs them up.
shirelle22 says2013-03-29T00:03:16.807
Sweet heart you are 100 percent wrong because I know that you do not have the Holy Spirit in you. The Bible is a Holy Book and is the most moral book ever written. It was God breathed which you can't understand. The Bible Always is Right!!! You do not know more that God He knows everythings. The beginning and the end, shoot He is the Alpha and the Omega meaning the Beginning and the End. He is extremely Holy which people are not without the grace of God. God is more real than our own lives and He will reign forever and will be here one day to judge the ungodly.
Kathyrn says2013-03-29T17:05:39.900
Are you being serious? Sorry I'm not even being rude but is this a troll?
Anonymous says2013-04-22T17:42:50.697
Amen..I know thats right shirelle22!!
Anonymous says2013-04-22T23:30:12.030
I say stop trying to play god and decide if they should be allowed to adopt or get married. Worry about your life and let these people enjoy the same freedoms as heterosexual couples. Everyone has their judgment day and will have to answer to him about being prejudice and judgmental towards others.
Anonymous says2013-05-30T08:06:56.610
If there was only one man and one woman, does that mean their offspring were incest?
Anonymous says2013-06-06T13:34:37.953
Church & State.
Anonymous says2013-06-15T08:16:29.777
Dude, forget the bible, stop using the bible to disapprove of something, dont you get it, most homosexuals arent of strong faith. And many other people arent, or of a different one, imim also against children and homo. But i just want to tell You that you are narrowing the amount of people that will agree with you on the web. Speak your mind, and search for the arguments against something in a different source than the bible. Its not 1900 america anymore, not everyone is of faith
Anonymous says2013-06-24T18:39:10.500
Sorry, but laws in this country should not, and will not be passed to cater to the Christian belief. If you want a country that has an official religion and sets laws based on that religion, you can move to the middle east.
morgenelaine says2014-02-10T20:25:57.570
The laws in the old testament were set forth by god as the rules the Hebrews needed to follow in order to be righteous, to atone for the sin of Adam and eve and to be able to get into heaven. That is also why they required to make sacrifices, because it was part of the appeasement for original sin. According to christian theology when Jesus came from heaven it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said " is is finished" when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don't have to circumcise their sons ( gods covenant with Jacob ) that is why they don't have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.
When you quote Leviticus as gods law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what god or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying as a christian is that Christs sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws, that is what you, a self-professed good christian, are saying to your god and his son, that their plan for your salvation wasn't good enough for you.
So maybe actually read the thing before you start quoting it, because the implications of your actions go a lot deeper than you think.
jdmpde says2014-03-10T17:29:16.250
It also clearly states in the Bible that anyone who commits adultery shall be put to death.. Do you do that?
lovetetris says2014-06-24T01:16:08.917
Yeah, just let these kids being passed to one foster family to another. Do you have any idea how many kids need a home and you are basically eliminating some possible eligible good homes for them? Most kids without proper caregivers usually end up damaged and become the problematic individuals in the society you probably would complain about later who are eating up your tax money. And if you think homosexuals can do any damage to their development that is worse than going on your childhood with no idea of having a loving caregiver, then you read the Lord's book for nothing.
Note how many times bible emphasize LOVE and the importance of His function as the Father like a parent/Shepard tending to His kid/flock. He knows it is important for us to have a caretaker, especially the children. That is one beauty about Christianity as it recognizes the value of family, yet you are treating it like crap. In your vain attempt to punish the homosexuals for their sins, you are basically screwing over these kids' lives and whining about them later because of your own doing.
If you love Jesus as much as you claimed you do, stop screwing over His children. Hypocrites are annoying.
nina.colada says2015-11-18T01:24:48.910
I understand that you might not agree with it based on your beliefs, but not everyone follows the Bible. Just because some people aren't comfortable with it doesn't mean it should be taken out all together. Religion should not be part of the decision since it doesn't apply to everyone and we have the freedom to choose to worship as we please, if we even want to at all. Children in the system should be adopted and loved by any family willing, no matter the gender or sexual orientation.
siddys97 says2016-03-10T05:13:34.400
I want to make it clear that I don't intend to disrespect your religion, but that's just it; It's YOUR religion.
"I can't do ___ because of my religion" That's perfectly fine, understandable, okay.
"YOU can't do ___ because of my religion" That's not okay, different people have different beliefs, and I have people disrespect my religion every day (I'm a Buddhist) I don't FORCE my ideas and opinions to define other people's lives, I let them define my life.
Sedina says2016-05-02T21:09:16.777
Did you know that you sin everyday? It also says in the bible that one shouldn't wear more than one type of fabric, but do you do that? No, you make that choice. It is people like you who have tainted the christian community. You claim to worship a loving and caring God, yet when someone does something, that you don't agree with you cannot show the same love. So, before you quote the bible, also know that it has been edited years upon years to conform to the ideals of man.
What you're saying could be entirely wrong, and if you found that out, what would you do then? I can almost guarantee you would regret almost everything you've spoken of.
I am a Christian, born and raised in a Christian home. I am Gay.
What you fail to understand is, it is the parents themselves not the sexuality that determines how the child may or may not turn out.
Some gay parents can be horrid while others can be amazing, therefore open your mind before your mouth.
NestorTheZizek says2016-10-06T14:21:17.250
Then the Bible is a fucked up book and every copy should be burnt
HanzoisAfurry says2016-12-07T18:56:24.760
(nestorthezizek) yep