Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

It's all about the child.

A child needs both Mom and Dad... Not two Moms, and not two Dads. A father can never make up for the place of a mother. This subjects is usually about the couple, but we need to stop and remember the child. The child needs both parents to have a healthy house. Being raised by two dads or two moms is no different than living in a divorced house... You have plenty of one parent, but none of the other.
Anonymous says2013-03-19T02:58:22.587
I'm in the middle of doing a homework assignment, and I had to see some ideas as to why people are against gay adoption. Then I read this statement, and I thought you should know how wrong you are.

"Being raised by two dads or two moms is no different than living in a divorced house... You have plenty of one parent, but none of the other."

Yes it is true, mom's and dad's both have a special role in a developing child. However, a child growing up with one parents is far worse off then a child growing up with two of the same sex parents. With the same sex couples, the child will understand what love is. they will see how to react with other people. They will have not one, but two people who love them. And I mean truly love them, they know they are loved because the couple went out of their way to get them out of an orphanage. Saying a child having a gay family is worse then having a single mother is the biggest load of bogus, and I really hope you do not really believe that.
jcsell08 says2013-03-20T16:26:20.280
honestly donald.keller, i agree completly with you. i was raised by two wemon, and let me tell you, it is not fun....
i would hate for any kid to go through that.
What a lot of people dont understad is that kids do get made fun of terribly for this. And it honestly does effect the way a kid grows up in a negative way.
StevenDixon says2013-03-25T02:02:02.313
"A child needs both Mom and Dad" this ipresenting a false dichotomy. The alternative to a gay couple adopting a child is not a straight couple adopting a child, in most cases it's NOT HAVING PARENTS. Not allowing homosexuals to adopt children based on the grounds of religious and conservative people raising their children to be disgusting morons is ridiculous. I could easily say that any parent that teaches their kid to care about education more than sports shouldn't be able to adopt because school kids will call them nerds and bully them. Oh yeah... what about the kids that have same sex parents and aren't bullied because they go to a school that's not full of the children of idiotic republicans?

Do I need to link pages about children that love their same sex parents and wouldn't have it any other way?
Mathew16 says2013-03-25T02:02:58.523
Just because it made you a bigot doesn't mean all children raised in this environment will turn out bad. One example is not enough to set a standard.
StevenDixon says2013-03-25T02:04:14.293
What can a woman teach a kid that a man can't? What can a man teach a child that a woman can't? I'd be really interested in you actually backing up the claim that kids NEED a mom and a dad.
Kathyrn says2013-03-25T19:51:48.107
You can say 'it's all about the child' until you're blue in the face, but considering the fact that you are ignorant, prejudiced and republican, it's a fairly safe bet that any child would be happier (and therefore more sociable and healthy) under a gay couple's care than yours.
Anonymous says2013-04-30T23:26:01.317
While we're at it, let's make sure that single parents can't adopt either!!!! <--- sarcasm...
Anonymous says2013-05-08T14:23:10.107
Im sure they would be happier with two dads or two moms rather than no parent at all
Anonymous says2013-05-14T23:40:50.907
A good parent is not defined by their sexual preference nor by being in a committed heterosexual relationship, but rather by the unconditional love and care that is provided.You have obviously been living under a rock if you are not aware that many children are not fortunate enough to have both parents and are raised by a single parent or that they are adopted by only one individual. This doesnt mean they dont grow up in a "healthy house" they too accomplish great things and become great people and sometimes a lot of it has to do with the fact that they were raised by a single parent. And it is not the children you are thinking about either but instead your own personal beliefs of homosexuality. Children deserve to be loved and cared for which is the primary goal. To deny them of such love and care based on opinions which they have not even been allowed to form themselves seems far worse. You forget that homosexual adults were once children too, who might have realized they were gay very early on and most likely raised by heterosexual parents. Plus not all heterosexual parents are good parents, is a child better off with abusive heterosexual parents than loving and caring homosexual parents? What children want is love and care and what is not fair is not allowing people to form their own opinions including children, but instead just completely deprive them of something they make actually love.
Anonymous says2013-05-16T15:15:33.870
Lol ya'll stupid. God doesn't want homosexuals to be together. Look at Leviticus 20: 13: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be shown on their own heads.” Or Leviticus 18: 22: ou shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.” To God homosexuality is a perversion. Why would you want your child to grow up in a sin filled environment?
Babeslayer says2013-05-21T23:38:40.497
A child needs both a mother and a father. Wow, so I guess you're against single parents too, huh?
hrh8 says2013-05-29T14:32:01.827
To Mr. Bible quotes, the bible also says "We have all sinned and fell short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. So you belief that a child shouldn't "grow up in a sin filled environment" is illogical because all households are filled with sin the whole earth is filled with sin. We all constantly sin. When we breathe we sin. When we wake up in the morning we have sinned. The only thing that we can do is believe in God and thank him for another day on Earth and ask for forgiveness. If you truly believe that a child shouldn't be raised in a sin filled environment then I guess you do not think that couples should have children (which is also against God's will) "God blessed them and said, 'Be fruitful and multiply.'"

We all sin homeboy. And if you want to be sure that you have a spot at God's table you better make sure you do not judge (another sin) because "O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things." Romans 2:1.
Anonymous says2013-06-03T13:09:33.083
I will add that a child needs to be brought up in a family where he/.She is loved...Unfortunately there are horrible people that give birth to their children out of boredom( Ireland and UK), women that make children in order to ask money to the supposed father( US) ... Someone that choose to be a mother or father consciously and knowing all the responsibilities he/she will have and their partner will have should be praised because they mean good. One day I hope I will be a mother, I learnt about honesty and being good to others from my own mother, not from your bible- I started to hate being Christian after reading the bible for kids, if you can cite the bible you'll also know your god is a god of war I suppose? I hated it for that... It's clear he is also the God of prejudices
Anonymous says2013-06-14T15:53:20.357
Well what about the single parents? They seem to manage fine, and not many seem to oppose them. I dont understand this argument because actually the child from the gay relationship would be at a better advantage as they would have two parents still so can rely on them for differant things.
Anonymous says2013-07-09T05:17:50.990
At the anon who opposes it and then quotes a bunch from the bible, .... Not everyone is christian, and not everyone cares about the sins that the bible talks about.
donald.keller says2013-07-12T03:24:25.067
Dear Babeslayer; I live in a divorced house, taken care of by a single mother. You continue to look at the parent and not the child. You have just said that you a okay with children having to be in that situation. No, I am absolutely against allowing more situations like that to happen. It's one thing for the other parent to just leave, it's another for our government to let children be adopted into that. It's the same reason they don't let a child be adopted by a single parent.
Anonymous says2013-07-30T17:04:36.447
This is an awful argument against the topic as you saying two mothers can't replace a father and a mother and vice verse. However that implies single parents can't do a good job! So what? 1 in 4 children in the UK aren't being raised properly! Where is the logic in that! They would all need to go into care! But who would adopt them if homosexuals can't because i'm pretty sure there aren't enough heterosexual couples!
lovetetris says2014-06-24T01:05:59.753
Yeah, just let these kids being passed to one foster family to another. Do you have any idea how many kids need a home and you are basically eliminating some possible eligible good homes for them? Most kids without proper caregivers usually end up damaged and become the problematic individuals in the society you probably would complain about later who are eating up your tax money. And if you think homosexuals can do any damage to their development that is worse than going on your childhood with no idea of having a loving caregiver, then you surely are blind.
smashing_pumpkins says2015-03-18T07:05:34.933
What about 1 parent?
genecroix says2015-04-02T23:51:53.467
You say that as if gay couples aren't allowed to adopt, all of the foster kids will go to homes with a mother and father. The reality is that many of those kids will instead stay in foster care for years, or possibly until they turn 18. In foster care, they're more likely to be abused both sexually and physically, and rarely get the attention they need for varying emotional issues. I disagree that children need both a mother and father to be raised successfully (as I was raised by my single father), but either way, you're not keeping the child's best interest in mind by denying them yet another home that beats being in foster care.
Thibautd says2015-05-21T13:53:50.957
Donald Keller, I totally agree with your argument. It's all about the child. We talk about equality etc but let's being realistic.
Mentality won't change for a long time. We all agree that both homosexual or normal parents will give their best to raise the kid but let's talk about the kid himself and all the problems he will have to go through : bullying, criticisms, mocking etc ! First the kid will be adopted which makes him different from others and furthermore he will be adopted by two same-sex parents. I ask you to be at least a little bit human and to think about the child.
We never call into question the honesty of the parents but I believe this debate is misunderstanding : stop thinking about the parents and think about the kid.
Isabel1223 says2016-09-19T00:40:53.960
A child is born with no knowledge of a mother and a father, just two parental figures in their life. Just as before a child gets an xbox for the first time, they don't need it.
NestorTheZizek says2016-10-06T14:20:45.207
Despite no evidence that the nuclear family/
NestorTheZizek says2016-10-06T14:21:02.257
Despite no evidence that the nuclear family/mother and father model is just as efficient has having two dads
Firecat says2021-05-02T03:29:22.667
Its like forcing the child to be gay. Simply disgusting