Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

Some find it to be morally wrong.

 To grow up to be well-balanced adults, children need role models of both sexes. Boys without fathers under-achieve, especially since there are now fewer male teachers in primary schools.  We are a 'Christian' country - even if few go to church, our values remain based on Christian teaching. Two parents are axiomatic - 'Honor thy father and mother' invokes the Fifth Commandment.  Children raised by gay parents are offered only one partnership model and are therefore (some argue) more likely to be gay.  If Roman Catholic adoption agencies close rather than allow gay couples to adopt, the number of adopted children will decline, leaving more in the unsatisfactory care system.  Some areas of life cannot be legislated for and must be left to individual conscience. A sufficiently large minority simply find gay parenting 'wrong'; the practice therefore should not be enforced on all.
Mchammerdad says2013-03-15T21:29:09.913
So should we take away every single parents children and put them into the foster care system?
Anonymous says2013-03-17T23:11:29.737
What do you mean, "boys without fathers under-achieve?" There are plenty of male role-models in life, get over it. There are males every where. And i bet "God" would be fine with the Fifth Commandment being changed a little. The world needs a little change. The whole world is changing, deal with it.
Anonymous says2013-03-25T11:49:37.113
our country isn't even Christian. This country is free, which means freedom of religion too. So if a gay couple isn't christian, then christian views shouldn't get in the way of adoptions for them.
Anonymous says2013-04-16T08:55:57.633
Please don't speak for me when you talk about Christianity. There are about 23,000 subsets of the Christian religion. I'm Christian and certainly don't share your homophobic views.
Anonymous says2013-04-19T03:31:49.963
Just because someone doesn't have a father doesn't mean they won't have any good male role models.
And actually, less than 50% of the US is Christian. This nation was founded by people who believed that church and state should be separate. In fact, only one of the founding fathers was christian.
You have no right to impose your religious beliefs on someone else.
Anonymous says2013-04-26T05:02:29.350
Why the hell is it a negative thing that children with gay parents might end up gay?
Anonymous says2013-05-16T13:24:34.210
It is completely untrue that gay parents are more likely to raise gay children (APA - have a look at their facts) and even it was, so what!
Anonymous says2013-06-06T13:31:22.423
Here i go again, CHURCH & STATE.
Anonymous says2013-06-14T15:56:53.270
Religion tells us that we should love each other and treat others as we wished to be treated.
I dont know if you read the same bible as me, but I went to 2 christian schools who taught me that.
Anonymous says2013-06-24T18:41:51.940
Aren't most gays raised by heterosexuals? I'm still dumbfounded when people try to claim that the sexuality of the parents will affect the sexuality of the children.
Samantha1998 says2013-11-21T20:02:31.757
How is it morally wrong to have a female partner if you are a female and vis verse.
Cb2410 says2014-03-14T17:42:22.147
I wish people would quite using the bible as there excuse for not wanting to except homosexual couples. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual. LOVE SEES NO GENDER. If we want to bring things from the bible well doesnt it say that GOD LOVES ALL OF HIS CHILDREN. We are suppose to treat people with respect and equality we fought for the right to have equality. I am a teenager that grew up with 2 mothers. Im am normal and healthy and most of all i grew up loved! I am catholic i grew up going to church, i went to sunday school. I am a normal child there is nothing wrong with having homosexual parents. If you want to be pigheaded then that is fine but dont bring the bible and gods good faith into it.
Heatherelainex says2014-06-23T23:07:49.960
This is completely inaccurate. Not all kids who are raised with both parents are "well-balanced."
emmamosk says2014-09-17T21:38:26.413
I don't know how good of a parent you think you are, but parents aren't always role models. You have to remember that not every child is brought up by a happily married couple with a stay-at-home mom and a wealthy businessman father for them to look up to. Many children are born into poverty, abuse, neglect and even situations where their fathers or mothers leave before they are even born. But hey at least it's one man and one woman so it must be better, right?