• The APA, AMA, and the ABA

All have stated there is no empirical evidence to prove gay parents are any less fit than straight parents to adopt.
    In fact, there have been studies that have shown that children parented by lesbians are more likely to excel in school, and even more so in art and music.

• Freedom of love

A homosexual couple is capable of offering a child everything a heterosexual couple is bar breast feeding, and a great many of the latter use bottles. All prejudice in modern times is credited to two things; ignorance and religion, and in my view the latter is the same as the former.

• Yes, there is no scientific evidence to the contrary.

Research shows that children can be successfully raised by same-sex couple with no adverse effects that would not have been present if raised by parents of the opposite sex. Tradition is not sufficient evidence for discrimination. In these modern times we should be supporting all families and people with love and kindness, no matter what their sexual orientation.

• Yes, it is fair.

As all human beings, they have the right to have a family. Therefore the fact that they are homosexual shouldn't be an opponent to their life. In addition, it is difficult for them already to find someone who can help in the production of having a baby for them so adopting is the best choice they have.

• Uh, prejudice much?

There is no specific reason that shouldn't allow homosexual people, specifically, to start and raise a family. Raising children and starting a family is something that most people look forward to in life. Who has the right to take that privilege away from someone? That's not okay. If you take away the right to raise children from an entire group of people and name all of them incapable, that is prejudice, discriminating, and has no place in our democratic society. Also, I hear the argument, "If gay parents raise kids, won't their kids also end up gay?" What. The. ?? That argument makes no sense. With that logic, all straight parents raised straight kids, and if that were true, no body would even be discussing this right now.

• Gays want children too, you should respect that.

You can't decide whether someone can raise a child. The child would probably be better off with a gay couple rather than nothing. Perhaps a gay couple will raise an adopted child better than a heterosexual couple. It is not up to us to decide, I believe that maybe the children should be asked, obviously they can't have the deciding say. The government will have to be the ones to actually allow it, but it's only fair the child be asked.

• What research have you folks in the "no" group been looking at?

What study shows that kids raised in homosexual households are more likely to be homosexual? If there even is a legitimate, scientific study that states that, then I think it's because homosexual households tend to give the children an open mind about who they are. Gays do not push their views on their children. If you are raised in a heterosexual household, then those kids are more likely to fear being open about their homosexuality (If they are it). It has absolutely nothing to do with how you are raised that makes you either homosexual or heterosexual. It doesn't matter who your parents are. And so saying that a gay/lesbian couples shouldn't be allowed to raise a kid is ignorant and petty. They are people just like you. They deserve children if they want children.

• Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children, as they can provide as happy and healthy a home as heterosexuals can.

A recent long-range study that made the news revealed that the most balanced and positive home environments were those run by lesbian couples. While this may not be the only factor to consider, it does underline the reality that homosexuals are fully capable of adopting children. To allow prejudice and ignorance to disallow adoption would be to deny orphaned or foster children to be raised by loving and caring parents.

Posted by: P3nrIin
  • Yes for gay adoption!!!

It doesn't matter if your gay or not, there are children in children homes hoping for some one to come and change there life and if that means there gay then there gays whats wrong with gays! If your giving a child a happy home then they should be aloud to be adopted/fostered by them!

• Everyone is equal.

This is coming from a 15-year-old standpoint. I have grown up majority of my existence without a mother OR a father. I'm technically an orphan living with loving grandparents, but that doesn't matter here, what does matter is that orphans like I should be able to have the right to be adopted to a loving home whether it's a gay couple, gay single person, straight couple, or straight person. Children will have problems either way and it doesn't depend on the parents they have. If I was to be put into an adoption center, I would chose any loving family that would accept me. And no, children do not need both a mother and father figure because I grew up with only my mom and I'm just fine the way I am. Yes, I have problems, but doesn't everyone? Gay people do not hit on their adopted children anymore than straight people. You can bring out all your statistics and crap trying to say how bad gay people are, but it goes both ways, straight and gay. And you could also bring out your religious beliefs saying 'God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.' Well, that's only your assumptions, and those are your beliefs, everyone doesn't have the same beliefs as you. Freedom of religion, speech, and the press AND the separation of state and religion according to the United States Constitution. Religion should not be a factor of decision, it should be the child's choice. Whether the parent(s) are straight or gay the children could turn out just fine or bad. No statistics can enforce the children's decision.

• I oppose adoption of children by homosexual people because it affects the total development of a child in the true family environment that is filled with love and affection of both father and mother.

For a child's development as an asset to the society, it's imperative that he should grow up in a real family environment where both the father and the mother complements various essential aspects and factors. In a family consisting of homosexual people, the possibility of an adopted child becoming misguided--often in the earliest stages of development--is quite high.

Further, it goes against all established laws of nature. Leading one's life as per one's choice is OK, but you have no right to spoil a child's future just to satisfy your whims and fancies. Adoption norms should be made stringent, to control these sorts of weird possibilities. Adoption should only be allowed when the authorities are 100% sure that it is in the best interest of the child as well as our society as a whole.

Posted by: R0wHeaven
  • I oppose to homosexual people being allowed to legally adopt children, because it puts them in an environment not intended by God.

I base my opinion on what I have read in the bible. In 1st Corinthians 6:9,10 the apostle Paul says that homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God." God created Adam and Eve, a man and a woman...not two women or two men. This is what God intended families to come from. Homosexual people can be wonderful parents, but it's not what God intended for his people.

Posted by: GGriffin
  • Homosexual people should not be be allowed to legally adopt children.

This is a debate that can go on forever but in my opinion homosexuals should not be able to adopt children. This is not normal. Homosexuality is not normal. I feel a child should be raised by a mother and a father not two fathers or two mothers. The child will be ridiculed in school for their whole life. In my opinion it is just plain wrong for that.

Posted by: dadude913
  • Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt children.

Homosexuality is a deviant behavior, therefore, homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt children and teach them that homosexuality is acceptable. Some may argue that homosexuality is natural, but, if homosexuality is normal, why are so many homosexuals still 'in the closet'? Why did the Rutgers student commit suicide when he was 'outed'? I will defend adult homosexuals' right to choice of their sexual orientation, but children are not mature enough to make a decision. If homosexuals are allowed to adopt children, then NAMBLA will be able to adopt their victims.

Posted by: jackprague94
  • Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt a child no matter what.

When God created the world he created a man and a woman. He also made the Male Private part to insert into the Female's comfortably. He also made them go hand in hand on being able to create a next human being. That clearly state that a relationship should only consist of a man and woman especially if a child is involve. God DOES NOT LIKE THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALS. My Pastor always say she love people she just dont like the sin their in. The same with me. I dont believe people were born that way I believe that it is a spirit and I HATE IT.Thats why I dont belive that a child should be bought into that mess!

• Men and Women

How many males want to adopt a child verses the females. The number appears to be far larger in the two women who because of the God given natural need for motherhood is in them, but they want to choose a lifestyle which does not naturally produce children. They want to be a special class of citizens, but be treated equal. What is special or equal. It is just a bunch of political hogwash! It they want to live and abnormal lifestyle than do it and leave the kids out of it.

• I'm undecided, but will post here.

I think gays aren't the best parents, "Over thirty years of research confirms that children fare best when reared by their two biological parents in a loving low conflict marriage. Children navigate developmental stages more easily, are more solid in their gender identity, perform better academically, have fewer emotional disorders, and become better functioning adults when reared within their natural family." http://www.acpeds.org/Homosexual-Parenting-Is-It-Time-For-Change.html
    But don't know if it should be illegal. There should be a study of those raised in an orphanage and then by homosexuals, that would solidify my position. PM me for a full opinion.

• Just being real

I would like to start out by saying I am not a religious person by any means. So it isn't based on a belief in god or bias to the church that influences me. Saying that , I believe gay men or woman should not be able to adopt. If they could conceive naturally then by all means go ahead but to subject a child to a lifestyle that is not of their choosing is a form of abuse. I have read a study that 50% of homosexuals have been subjected to a form of sexual abuse. That may directly be a link to their sexual preference. An act towards a impressionable individual can directly affect their sexual orientation. Another study stated that up to 80% of those abused individuals go on to repeat the abuse suffered by them. So are we just feeding into the cycle of deviant behavior by allowing those acts to continue? In closing , If the general public can as a whole could agree upon the situation then the world would be a boring place . The greatest part about being human is choice !!!! The children put into those homes have no choice.

• Children are not pets

Childhood is the most precious of human commoditries, and a child must not be exploited to provide socially aspiritional adults, homosexual or heterosexual, with a lifestyle accessory that they feel they are entitled to by virtue of being finacially stable. Nature has disctated that having children of their own is not possible in the conventional manner – whether that be due to infertility issues or their sexuality – it’s just something they must except.

I understand that some people long to fulfill the role of a father or mother and to receive all the positive social recognition that being a responsible parent attracts, but the interests of the child must always take precedence over the social status of prospective adoptive parents - children need postive role models of both sexes in order to reach their full potential and, although I accepts that having homosexual parents is better than having no parents at all, having both a mother and father is the ideal scenario – and no child should have to be settle for second best.

• Children are not pets

Childhood is the most precious of human commodities, and a child must not be exploited to provide socially apparitional adults, homosexual or heterosexual, with a lifestyle accessory that they feel they are entitled to by virtue of being financially stable. Nature has dictated that having children of their own is not possible in the conventional manner – whether that be due to infertility issues or their sexuality – it’s just something they must accept.

I understand that some people long to fulfil the role of a father or mother and to receive all the positive social recognition that being a responsible parent attracts, but the interests of the child must always take precedence over the social status of prospective adoptive parents - children need positive role models of both sexes in order to reach their full potential and, although I accepts that having homosexual parents is better than having no parents at all, having both a mother and father is the ideal scenario – and no child should have to be settle for second best.

Anonymous says2013-03-28T21:16:30.903
In My inter Life I read so much about homosexual Rights and as a person who supports that we are all human's, and anyone should have a life like anyone else, for the first time i will say, that i don't supports homosexual people to be allowed legally to adopt children!! And under that children's should have a good life, i think they will not grow old feeling the same as children's who raised by both sex couples ! ! Which is not fair for any child!
Anonymous says2013-04-04T15:40:31.447
Yes I think they should be able to adopt a child because they want a family just like the ppl who are not gay .. I mean I have nothing against gay ppl at all I feel if they want to be that way let them be that way I mean we all sin in some type of way everyday but when God calls them home then they will have to answer to that's its not your option about the sexual like or what sex they like or wanna be with .. Just worry about yourself and you will find life more better for you but yes I think gay adoption should be legal because everyone wants to be happy in life .
Anonymous says2013-04-13T22:34:43.050
At the Heart of it all...I'm a Child, I have had the worst Start in life, what do you find me? At the very Basic...Give me a Mum and Dad...As an adult, I want to be able to have a Mum and a Dad, nevermind your Gay view for your own Sexual realationships, Where what I want get Lost in all of This...We Need mothers and fathers

Anonymous says2013-04-25T04:55:31.407
Every one deserves a parent including the orphans they wont care if their parents are gay or not im not a homophobe but there also some very bad things about it to like the child getting bullied thats not right for a thing like that. people who think that it is a sin to be a homosexual should get told the right thing beacause it is not in the bible dabout homosexuality being a sin i dont even know if homosexuality is a word but the thing im trying to get at is homosexuals are the same as us! ther are way to many orphans in the world who are waiting to be love and many gay people out there who are looking for children to love. there are also to many children being aborted every year due to unwanted pregnancies. there are even children out there who are being abused. if we let gays adopt we can raise the welfare and lower the orphan rate. it bugs me when people judge people for their way of life because i bet you anything if the tables were turned they would hate it so i say let the Gays Adopt ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
NestorTheZizek says2016-10-06T14:25:12.127
This whole debate has given me cancer. Having same sex parents, or three parents, or a single parent... Makes no difference. If your parents are idiots, or Christians, or bad influences, you'll grow up damaged. But you won't be any different because dad likes it up the ass. It's illogical. Dad will be different (as in, gay) but it doesn't effect you if someone else has a sexuality that is different