• Yes

Yes, because if a heterosexual can adopt, so can a homosexual. If a homosexual can provide a loving and stable home for a child, then they should be able to adopt. They are in committed relationships as heterosexual couples are.

• Homosexuality is just a different sexual orientation. Good or bad parenting has nothing to do with it.

Homosexual parents have proved to be good parents mostly. If you can get statistics, they will show that from all abused kids, almost all of them were abused by their own heterosexual family. Given this fact, I think banning homosexuals from becoming parents is just discriminating. And for those who claim that homosexual parents raise their kids to be homosexual, that's just rubbish. Homosexual people are usually born to heterosexual parents, so where's the logic there?

Posted by: 5hinDori
  • I believe people should be able to adopt children based on their ability to parent.

There is no evidence showing that homosexuals or anyone with a sexual preference other than "straight" is any more or less able to be a parent. As long as a person takes care of the child and provides a safe, loving environment, then that's all that matters. Also, just because a parent has a certain sexual preference does not mean that an adopted child would have the same or different sexual preference when they reach adulthood.

Posted by: Iewie2cute
  • I support the right of homosexual individuals to adopt children because there is no legal reason to prevent it.

In many parts of the United States, homosexuals cannot legally adopt children due to their status as homosexuals. As a country that prides itself on providing equality to all mean it is ridiculous that this is even a question. Preventing homosexuals from adopting children is the same as preventing blacks or Jews from adopting children. As long as a homosexual can provide a stable and loving environment for a child to grow in it should not matter what his sexual preference. It also does not cause anymore undue stress on a child than a black child being raised by white parents. It is ridiculous to think that homosexuals can only raise homosexual children as it is proven that children who live in a homosexual household are no more likely to be homosexual than those who live in heterosexual homes. Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children as there is no reason, legal or otherwise, to prevent this.

Posted by: VampireShu
  • Homosexual couples should have the same rights as any other couples.

It is discriminatory to deny basic rights to a group of people based on their sexual orientation, the same as racial discrimination. Racial discrimination was made illegal many years ago and now it seems ridiculous that laws against interracial marriage and things like that ever existed. It us just as ridiculous to discriminate against LGBT people.

Posted by: N Schroeder 60
  • Ummmm, why not?

Homosexuality does not diminish a person's capacity to nurture and care for a child. Homosexuality need not even factor into the decision to allow someone to adopt, or not. Homosexual individuals should be put through the same qualifying process as anyone else when it comes to adopting a child. And, individuals who have the ability to properly care for a child - be they homosexual, heterosexual or asexual - should be given the chance to do so.

Posted by: MohaI0v35
  • Homosexual people are just as capable of raising children as heterosexual people.

There are many children in the world who need homes and loving parents. There are also many homosexual couples who are willing to provide loving homes. There is no reason why they should not be allowed to provide care to these children. Homosexual couples can provide a supportive, loving family unit and they should be given that right. There are so many children who are in need of parents and support. There are also many heterosexual parents who do a horrible job raising their children. Being homosexual or heterosexual does not determine how good a parent you would be.

Posted by: VasilBuddy
  • Orphaned children need loving parents.

Any parent who has to work hard to adopt a child obviously wants that child. The adoptive parents want to love and care for them. The adoptive parents can provide the care and nurturing that the birth parents might be unwilling or unable to give. Why should homosexual couples be left out of the pool of potential parents? Their sexual preferences should not have any impact on their ability to raise a child.

Posted by: AndyRob
  • Homosexual couples are still couples, and still people.

Society has evolved past labeling things as normal, and now, the norm has become the strange, and vice versa. Homosexual parents should still be able to legally adopt, because despite the belief that their child will be ridiculed, it's less likely than some may think. Just because there's two fathers or two mothers doesn't mean that the child won't receive the same affection as they would in a "normal" family. The child's future won't be spoiled in any sense, and the child's alternative is in an orphanage waiting.

• Yes homosexuals are entitled to their full rights.

If homosexuals are restricted on adopting, then the Constitution is being corrupted and not followed by the government which promises equal rights to all mankind.

Posted by: JamesonF
  • Absolutely POSITIVELY NO

CHILDREN are conceived when sperm from a man and the ovum of a woman merge. Simple as that. Being gay is a choice therefore when you chose to be gay you also chose to give up the ability to create a life. Let children stay innocent. Don't infiltrate their pure little minds with your filth.

• It's all about the child.

A child needs both Mom and Dad... Not two Moms, and not two Dads. A father can never make up for the place of a mother. This subjects is usually about the couple, but we need to stop and remember the child. The child needs both parents to have a healthy house. Being raised by two dads or two moms is no different than living in a divorced house... You have plenty of one parent, but none of the other.

• It is wrong

It clearly states in the Bible to be homosexual is wrong. God created women and men to love one another that is why in the begining there was only one man and one woman. Having gay parents could cause the child to question his/her sexual orientation where as if they had a mother and a father they would less likely question themselves. I understand that they are humans too and they deserve equal rights. But when the step out of the norm they have entered their own state of equalisim because they have taken the equal right of being married and made it into their own favor instead of the way we were made to love.

• I don't agree, although I feel I'm being forced to.

The one thing I dislike abut this question is that for putting no, people feel the need to get defensive and then call me all sorts of name because I'm a christian. Being a Christian doesn't effect my personal opinion because I've only been one for 2 years (I'm 22).
    I do feel like there is a pressure to put yes constantly in this society, because if you don't then are a bigot or whatever.
    I know people can't always help their feelings which is fair enough, but you are in a homosexual relationship and you must remember that has consequences. A child you adopt will have to face prejudice at school because they will be an easy target from other kids. They will be labelled and all sorts and i don't think that is fair. No one has said people in same sex relationships would be bad parents, but you WANT to have kids. It's all about want want and want. Marriage= a wedding between a man and woman. conception=happens after a man and woman give birth. There is no need to start changing everything and demand equal rights, because there isn't anything equal. I just it is pushing toward things that aren't necessary.

• I feel so bad for those kids

You have got to be kidding me. The second other kids found out that a schoolmate has two gay dads who are probably mentally devIant that's it!, open the bullying floodgate. I mean men can be gay sure, but in the real world they are selfish for wanting to raise children

• Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt a child no matter what.

When God created the world he created a man and a woman. He also made the Male Private part to insert into the Female's comfortably. He also made them go hand in hand on being able to create a next human being. That clearly state that a relationship should only consist of a man and woman especially if a child is involve. God DOES NOT LIKE THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALS. My Pastor always say she love people she just dont like the sin their in. The same with me. I dont believe people were born that way I believe that it is a spirit and I HATE IT.Thats why I dont belive that a child should be bought into that mess!

• No Gay Adoption

it's against God original plan. When we get out of His plan we screw things up. That's why the world is just getting worse. It also affects the child emotionally. It confuses them as to who they are and their identity. Society will also treat them differently. They will have psychological problems.

• No HomoSexuals should not be allowed to adopt children.

I believe that if they are not able to bring the child into this world they should not be allow to have a chance to persuaade the child's over all view on their life. Because if they are raised by homosexuals parents they are more likely to become homosexuals themselves.

• Some find it to be morally wrong.

 To grow up to be well-balanced adults, children need role models of both sexes. Boys without fathers under-achieve, especially since there are now fewer male teachers in primary schools.
     We are a 'Christian' country - even if few go to church, our values remain based on Christian teaching. Two parents are axiomatic - 'Honor thy father and mother' invokes the Fifth Commandment.
     Children raised by gay parents are offered only one partnership model and are therefore (some argue) more likely to be gay.
     If Roman Catholic adoption agencies close rather than allow gay couples to adopt, the number of adopted children will decline, leaving more in the unsatisfactory care system.
     Some areas of life cannot be legislated for and must be left to individual conscience. A sufficiently large minority simply find gay parenting 'wrong'; the practice therefore should not be enforced on all.

• I Have To Say That So Far Nobody Has Provided Geniune Answer From Both Sides

How Many Pedophiles Does God Have To Create Before We Accept Them? (Mm! same as homosexuals). According to the bible and the Qur'an, Homosexuality is looked upon as a "Sin". Why would then God create Gays or Pedophiles ? The logic: He already must have decided that they are going to hell without even bothering to wait for the 'Judgement Day'. For example: If you had a son who is born homosexual, how would you feel if you went to heaven and he went to hell? Religion is a man made creation (illogical fallacy). Having said that GOD does exists but will never know anything about him EVER. Moreover a logical question for the religious community: Why would God wait for the Judgement Day? ( An omnibenevolent, omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient being). He should already assign to each individual a Hell or Heaven option without the illogical testing procedure as he can foresee who is Bad or Good. ( "Free will" is unsound since God has the power to see the future ). Is god playing a game with us? Answer. No. Conclusion: All religious belief systems are WRONG.

Homosexuality should be accepted into the world civilization.

Criteria and rights:

1. Marriage in specialized institution

2. Human rights as enjoyed by all human race

3. No same-sex child care option: Argument to support this claim: ( We'll obviously use the natural argument i.e ( Existence of some Homosexual spices in the Animal kingdom - It is natural why don't we accept it?).
    Question: Why in the animal kindgdom there is no a single evidence where a heterosexual animal couple entrusts a child or an infant to another homosexual couple ( No evidence in any specie ). Conclusion: There MUST be a biological balance and harmony. If homosexuals can produce a child then it is considered natural ( infertile is different - willing but unable biologically (born with disability)). As harsh as it may sound this is the reality ( Air and water is reality! try to change?). Man + Woman = child. (Infertile = Man + Women = no child). However adoption is acceptable. It still maintains the important biological balance in nature which is the Man + Women equation. Mother and father provide different and unique love and are naturally able to produce a child by their natural harmony with the bio system in place).

Anonymous says2013-03-28T21:16:30.903
In My inter Life I read so much about homosexual Rights and as a person who supports that we are all human's, and anyone should have a life like anyone else, for the first time i will say, that i don't supports homosexual people to be allowed legally to adopt children!! And under that children's should have a good life, i think they will not grow old feeling the same as children's who raised by both sex couples ! ! Which is not fair for any child!
Anonymous says2013-04-04T15:40:31.447
Yes I think they should be able to adopt a child because they want a family just like the ppl who are not gay .. I mean I have nothing against gay ppl at all I feel if they want to be that way let them be that way I mean we all sin in some type of way everyday but when God calls them home then they will have to answer to that's its not your option about the sexual like or what sex they like or wanna be with .. Just worry about yourself and you will find life more better for you but yes I think gay adoption should be legal because everyone wants to be happy in life .
Anonymous says2013-04-13T22:34:43.050
At the Heart of it all...I'm a Child, I have had the worst Start in life, what do you find me? At the very Basic...Give me a Mum and Dad...As an adult, I want to be able to have a Mum and a Dad, nevermind your Gay view for your own Sexual realationships, Where what I want get Lost in all of This...We Need mothers and fathers

Anonymous says2013-04-25T04:55:31.407
Every one deserves a parent including the orphans they wont care if their parents are gay or not im not a homophobe but there also some very bad things about it to like the child getting bullied thats not right for a thing like that. people who think that it is a sin to be a homosexual should get told the right thing beacause it is not in the bible dabout homosexuality being a sin i dont even know if homosexuality is a word but the thing im trying to get at is homosexuals are the same as us! ther are way to many orphans in the world who are waiting to be love and many gay people out there who are looking for children to love. there are also to many children being aborted every year due to unwanted pregnancies. there are even children out there who are being abused. if we let gays adopt we can raise the welfare and lower the orphan rate. it bugs me when people judge people for their way of life because i bet you anything if the tables were turned they would hate it so i say let the Gays Adopt ! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
NestorTheZizek says2016-10-06T14:25:12.127
This whole debate has given me cancer. Having same sex parents, or three parents, or a single parent... Makes no difference. If your parents are idiots, or Christians, or bad influences, you'll grow up damaged. But you won't be any different because dad likes it up the ass. It's illogical. Dad will be different (as in, gay) but it doesn't effect you if someone else has a sexuality that is different