• It's too creepy.

Yes, human cloning should be banned, because there are so many issues that come along with human cloning that are ethically questionable. A person who is cloned is probably in for a life of torture along with having to work out many psychological issues about the purpose of their existence.

• Yes, human cloning should be banned.

I believe that human cloning should be banned. I think that such an act creates a lot of moral and ethical issues. Sombody who is made by way of cloning can have some issues with their mental and emotional state. I do think that we should study it more before we make a decision.

• For Now, Yes

I believe we posses the technology to clone humans, however I don't think we have really answered the moral and ethical questions that comes with cloning. I think moving forward, before doing this, will lead to disaster. I think we will see a lot of ethical dilemmas and moral problems in the future, not to mention issues with rights, as well.

• Human cloning should be banned now!!!

I support crystalkes comment.
    In some known experiments, cloned animals are born dead or deformed. In addition, human cloning will bring some social and moral problems. It will be quite difficult to distinguish the copy with original person. What's more, human cloning may produce some abnormal children , which will be noting but a disaster to us.

• human cloning should be banned now

Human cloning should be banned,at least now,for it is unsafe and has a high rate of failure.In some known exreiments,cloned animals are born dead or deformed.In addition,human cloning will bring some social and moral problems.It will be quite difficult to distinguish the copy with original person.What's more,human cloning may produce some abnormal kingdred,which will be noting but a disaster to us.

• Human cloning should be banned.

Human cloning can bring a lot of problems.
    1. The people who are participating are risking their lives. If they die, it is not able to know who's fault it is. It may be the person who made the tools that were used, or the person who did the experiment, or the person who participated. (the last one probably doesn't make sense to you. It may be their fault; they could have moved or since he or she participated, it was his or her will.)
    2. The person who is cloned can lose information. There is a possibility the clone can remember the original person's identity or other things. If so, the original person can lose a lot of information. (his or her birthday, or possibly some code numbers)
    FINAL. The clone is created by two people(man&woman or woman&woman[man&man is not possible]), and a skilled scientist. Let's say that the experiment succeeded. Who should own the clone? Since the clone is a baby in the first place, we can't just make him or her live on its own. But if a person should own the clone, there is a problem. Should the scientist own the clone? One of the two people? Or the other person? We don't know...And we can't.

• Should be banned

It is too costly. It is approximately $1.7 million - $2 million to clone a human. Many say that clones could be used for medical research, but clones are still living humans, so why experiment or test on their bodies? Is there a difference in testing on clones and so called 'normal' humans?

• To much death

Human cloning is not the best at all. I'll admit that we have the technology to do so but that does not mean we have to use it. If it does work, the person this experiment is being tested on could have many problems. They are risking their lives. Also, why make another one of you if there is already one of you. There shouldn't be anyone one that is exactly like you

• An unbalanced ecosystem would likely occur.

The chances of that happening are pretty high: Plant transfers have caused huge problems, like the English Ivy. Plus, humans are already dealing with overpopulation and starvation, cloning more humans would ruin everything by making overpopulation even more common. Having too many pets won't help either; we need more food to feed them! People are complaining over ethical issues: "Oh it would be weird!" That is not the most of our issues though. We still have much more to worry about than our ego. Overtime, things become cheaper, so livestock and animals in general could easily be cloned, the issue here is that, eventually, animals will probably become a main part of war. We are whining about a bad president, with so many more humans, it would be a waste of time. It would take about 30 years for human clones to become useful in any way. And in that time, it would take tons and tons of food! Plus it wouldn't help for drinking water either. I am sorry, but I don't find that human (or animal cloning) would be beneficial to humans at our current point in time.

• Blahh bla bla

Dont let the revolutoinary war start over agian if this happens someone would clone the president and then he would make bad decisions and the poeple would not like it and go against him start riots and bring the revolutoinary war back donlt let cloning be aloud stop it and keep the real president hear

• Animals are friends.

We need to care for our pets as animals would for their young. If we abuse that then we are just creating a wall between us and the relationship of our pets. Don't use animals for tests and other reasons unknown leave them alone and find other subjects for your stupid research!

• Carefully watched, yes. Banned, no.

Human cloning can provide a lot of advancements to medical science. To ban it out of some knee-jerk fear is to deny ourselves all of these potential great advancements. Society in general, and the advancement of medicine in particular, will only suffer if people allow their fears, religious beliefs, or other such irrational criteria to dictate the direction of research into human cloning.

• No, human cloning should not be banned

The very term "human cloning" brings about thoughts of zombie bodies running loose, or of body-part farms, and cheap work forces. But cloning itself has many beneficial applications to the medical community and to pure research facilities so that I think it of course should be monitored but allowed. I do believe that our scientists are not "mad" scientists and within their own communities they oversee and place restrictions on work that is unethical.

• No, human cloning should not be banned based on fear.

The process of researching human cloning should be transparent and closely monitored, but it should not be banned completely. There are such amazing possibilities in the fields of genetics and cloning and banning research before we can even scratch the surface of those possibilities would be detrimental to society. While the abuses of those technologies can have grave consequences, I have faith in society's will and ability to find and stop such abuses.

• It will naturally cause issues

Even though the idea of human cloning has always interested me a great deal, the more I think of it, the more I feel it should be banned. Human cloning could only lead to issues within people and their relationships. Besides, if we can clone humans, who knows what else?

• Not at all.

I think that if we want to experiment at human cloning than we should just go ahead. The potential of being able to do this is so huge that it will likely benefit us in the future. Of course, I dont think we will be able to do it for a long time.

• No

My main objection to cloning is not the morality issue but that cloning is idiotic. The reason we have thrived as a species is that sexual reproduction is a more successful strategy than asexual reproduction because it mixes and matches genes. Cloning is voluntary asexual reproduction. In cloning, reproductively we're turning ourselves into amoeba. I don't think we'll ever have enough knowledge to consciously guide human development in the right direction. Even worse, the idea of cloning is built on a myth. Given that we are formed by both nature and nurture, another person with your genes is going to be you. It's an insane alliance of vanity, egoism and science.

• Human cloning might not be that bad

Human cloning is not only about creating duplicates.I f we advance in this research, then maybe we will be able to regrow limbs or repair damaged cells of internal organs.It can reduce a lot of people's sufferings who are crippled.So, we should take it in a positive way rather than taking it in a negative way.

• Human cloning might not be that bad

• Why not? When it can easily be under control?

The current human society has the capability to keep things under control. Its not like the house will provide "cloning machines" to the retail market; its confidential technology that is to be used responsibly. If you think cloning should be a household activity, then that's absurd. If you think cloning is creepy, then so should human reproduction. Sexual and Asexual; understand the difference. The human society can reap so many benefits, for the betterment of the human race, and maybe even an opportunity to reduce the chances of extinction. Cloning will become a reality, and it is not a quixotic aspect of scientific development to simply overlook in disgust.

>