Should I let my kid (14 almost 15) smoke Marijuana

Asked by: Tilar
  • It's fine, it's not even that bad

I am a teenager and I'm telling you, kids don't care what their parents are going to say. If they want to smoke they will, they'll just hide it from you. So if you want the truth and to have a good relationship with your kids, let them. If it's other drugs obviously no, but marijuana is fine!

• Weed is great

I am a father and I have found my sons stash. I confronted him and he said that is really Isn't bad. And with some research it IS NOT bad at all. He is 14 turning 15 and at all their party's it's gonna be there and you can't avoid it. You don't want your kid to lie to you and hide it behind your back so I said to him that he can do it just don't abuse it

• It help relax them

I somke weed when im in bad mood and all i do is pull it ot and rap it and smoke it you become slepp and relax so it can help you in many way so that why you should let you son smoke weed and i need some now.

• Its a medicine not a drug

The first time i ever tryed was in september when i was 11 and honestly i used to be depressed and emotional and suicidial and its been 7 months and i feel amazing my mom doesnt let me but i would let my kids if they were around my age just aslong as it is not abused

• Yes it is good

It is a good thing.. Plus it smell goood it makes you relaxed take the pain away it also is a good thing to smoke on your free time because it makes you happy and feel good about your self. And it also can be a fun thing to do with your friends when bored.

• Hey it heathy

It cures a lot of stuff like cancer adhd autisim anziady i bealve it will make him be good hell be to lazy to break any laws but make sure he/she does not use it as a gate way drug keep him away from heroin meth go slow cokecane crack bad salt and any other drugs

• Probably does it already

You have to admit, he probably already does it. Saying he can won't make him want to. It won't seem like he is cool. He won't think that at parties, hey, I wanna break some rooms, I might as well. But you should regulate how much though, so he doesn't overdose

• Almost all kids are going to do it and enjoy the "heights feeling"

I say let your kids smoke . If they would like to, let them. Just make sure they are doing it with a person you trust and they trust. Don't allow them to do it with total strangers because there could be other drugs in there so just make sure it's with a trusted person, even if it has to be yourself, let them! A lot of my daughters friends parents allow them to smoke with them and with others. It should be aloud in your house. If they want to smoke a blunt in there room, let them!

• Do the research

If you've done any amount of research into Marijuana you'll find consistent facts, you can't over dose on the chemical in pot (THC) and there never has been a death involving it, unless gang affiliated but unless you live somewhere that is a problem I don't see the need to get your kids all scared of something that isn't that scary. Just some food for thought

• If its legal go for it.

Hey, don't let him at this age if its illegal probaly best to talk to them. On the other hand if it's legal than it wouldn't matter if you let him. If he is known to be an irresponsible teen than i would recommend waiting till he proves responsibility. However yes it may be not bad for you, but it does have a few minor side effects, a main one is temporary anxiety. (This side effect veries person to person) note i recommend waiting to the legal age first

• Marijuana is fine

I believe smoking Marijuana is fine, just not at young age. Marijuana isn't going to kill you but the smoke will. Your theoretical son would still be growing at this age. You body isn't full developed till around 21. I wouldn't want a child to get lung cancer so young.

• Think about it

I'm 15 and i smoke weed, If i was a parent i wouldn't want my kids doing it, No matter how much you dress it up in "its good for you" its not. Get them off while you can. Trust me i know and take it from someone like me

• God no please

Weed is not the most healthy thing for someone under the age of 23.
    I recently had an old friend start smoking wee and she has not been the same ever since. She is a lot more rude. She takes all the food from the pantry. I don't think you hundreds of dollars on food.

• No as a parent it's not a title but position

No parent should condone drug abuse! A hommie might not care but we love our kids and have a responsibility to protect them. So they resent it but at least they see your resolve to be a strong role model only in America do parents have a right to destroy their kids future.

• Are you all morons!

If you catch your kid smoking, You don’t berate them but you educate them in the harm of it. Would you let your 14 yr old have a couple of screwdrivers a few times a week, Think not. Same thing, I think drinking age should be 18 if you can die for your country at 18, Same thing goes for pot, Most kids don’t have self control, They won’t smoke once or twice a month at a party, They get addicted quick, Do crappy in school and can’t handle daily stressors without getting high, Then they will drive high, Yes there are a tiny group of well rounded teens who have self control but not many, Really people, Sure you let your 14 yr olds have sex in your homes too, Just sayin

• Are you all morons!

• Wtf no ofc not

What the f$&k is wrong with parents!! Letting your kids smoke weed, whether it bring good for you or not, is only going to get them addicted to other more harmful drugs later on in their life. Because weed might not be that harmful, they will think that any drug is ok for them to have and that it won’t do any harm so they will take large amounts and overdose on the drugs. They will probably be saying “no i won’t do that” and “it’s just weed” but i promise you it will lead to more drug usage and problems later on in life. And it will also ruin families. If your kid is doing it behind you back, you will ruin the bond you have with your child once you find out so keep the drugs out of the house or somewhere safe where you know they won’t find them and limit time with other kids you think are irresponsible.

Remember, weed is a drug. Kids shouldn’t be taking drugs no matter how harmful they think they are, cause at the end of the day, a drugs a drug. It’s all the same.

• I am 15

Heyoo I saw your question and just really thought it was important to give you an answer. Im 15 now and smoke pot about 3-4 times a week, and I wanted to say that my parents know about it, one promotes it, and none ever aknowledged it like they should have. SMoking weed can be very helpful in a lot of ways, but a parent promoting a kid to do something that is beleived to be harmful can be very detrimental to a kids perception of their parents. Other parents (who will very likely find out because kids are snitches and cant help but talk to anyone who will listen) will look down on you as will most of society. Theyll beleive you dont give a shit about your kids health, both physical and mental. Your kids not immune to stereotypes and society fueld misconceptions, theyre going to think this too! Let it happen, but dont promote it. Better they dont know that you know and if you catch them, talk to them about your opinion on it, but dont hand them a joint. It dosent matter if you should or not, society thinks you shouldnt, and because of that your kids gonna think you shouldnt also.

• It is dangerous and addicting.

If you smoke you kids may develop a bad addiction and start smoking. Also smoking is bad and will damage your skin and it will make your teeth and will make you have no friends and and everybody will want to stay far far far away so you will be lonely and bored.

• Until 17, he/she should hold back, or do it in a minimum, non-abusive way.

This is pretty hypocritical coming from me, I am also 14 turning 15, but they should lay back until they're older. If it's once a month or two it should be fine, however any more could be very affecting. Your brain doesn't stop developing until 25, however at 17 weed begins to affect the brain less and is fine to smoke then. I say you let them do it as long as they don't abuse it. Please don't listen to SOME of these uneducated shitheads and do your own research.

>