Should identifying as LGBTQ+ be classified as a mental disorder and treated as such?

• Lgbtq+ is a joke

LGBTQ+ is a joke, As I've already said. LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME. People just want attention. I've met LGBTQ+ people and they are out of their minds. It's a joke. They just think about "free love" and dumb stuff. LGBTQ people must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen.

• "You didn't meet anyone who's LGBTQ+, And *I* have, And I think they're nice, And you didn't like them, So. . . Therefore it's not an illness. "

"It makes no sense. The WHO didn't say it's an illness, So there. "
    "There's no physical evidence to suggest that it's an illness. "
    "People were treated badly, So it shouldn't be a mental illness. "
    They're a minority of society. Some say really damaging things. And to show how ridiculous this argument is- what about basically every mental illness there is? Is there *physical evidence*? They act oddly, And do things differently, And yet it's a mental illness. Not anything you're born with, But I'm talking about the mental diseases you develop.
    However, Some of these people mutilate themselves to fit with the ideals that they've fixated upon. Do we call anorexia an illness? Yes, Because they literally starve themselves to death. Then why not people who identify as LGBTQ+?

• Absolutely a disease

Before LGBTQ became accepted in society, The root cause could be found and addressed in kind and ethical therapy. People become homosexual because a man or woman did not get the proper attention from a same sex role model growing up and/or they were sexually abused. Transgenderism occurs when a man or woman doesn't get proper attention from an opposite gender role model and/or something occurred in childhood to cement the idea that whatever sex he or she was born as is wrong. And those beliefs can be worked through and solved with therapy and psychiatric treatment.

• LGB not sure, But TQ yes

LGBTQ stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer(Question sexual identity)
    I'm not sure about LGB as right now it is concrete in society. However, Transgender and those who question their sexual identity after hitting puberty should definitely be considered a mental disorder.
    It used to be called Gender Identity Disorder but due to activists the term has been labelled improper. However the term is pretty accurate. This mental state also leads to increase rate of suicidalility as research shows(just google it). This doesn't seem to change whether the change is accepted or not, They suicide just as much.
    This "condition" should be treated as if a mental disorder because the delusion that a boy can be a girl just by thinking it isn't helping society. It is lying to society, Lying to children and affecting their growth development. Transgender people have a mental disorder, We aren't doing any good by pretending girls and boys can swap.

• They are insane

I have met people who believe in the LGBTQ+ community and they are insane. It's just a joke. It makes no sense. I can understand the LGB part but not the rest. ESPECIALLY since this is the same community that believes in +2 genders. They believe that if you say you're a dog, You're a dog. It makes no sense.

• Obviously, No we shouldn't.

Considering there's absolutely no evidence to support such a claim concerning LGBTQ and transgender individuals, And that fact that you'll be hard pressed to find a single medical organization making said claim. It makes absolutely no sense to classify homosexuality and transgenderism as a mental health issue. The World Health Organization recently published their 2017 list of mental disorders and nowhere in it does it discuss being LGBTQ or transgender being a mental disorder.

• Yeah, Definitely no

Anyone who claims that LGBTQ+ is a mental illness has never met anyone who is LGBTQ+, Or if they have they didn't have a good experience. (Not everyone in a group is a saint anyway) It's not a mental illness caused by "missing mother/father rolls" there are plenty of LGBTQ+ people who have still married male and female parents, Including myself. The argument that years back it was considered a mental illness is ridiculous as well due to the fact that back then you would be sent to a mental asylum, Given poor conditions of living, And be put in isolation for something as minor as ADHD so I think it's safe to assume that no one knew enough about mental illness back then. Sorry, But anyway you cut it you can't consider it a mental illness.

• Sexuality is Genetic.

It has been proven, Many times over, That sexuality ISN'T a choice. Https://www. Livescience. Com/50058-being-gay-not-a-choice. Html. To the point of multiple countries that in the past did classify being homosexual, Have disproved it as a sickness. Therefore, Nor making it a mental disorder. Example, Sweden - until 1979 homosexuality was classed as a mental disorder.

• No, Why would it be?

Identifying as LGBTQ+ is a way of how people feel towards each other. A mental disorder effects a person’s daily life and thinking, And being a LGBTQ+ really doesn’t seem to effect a person in anyway. It just effects the way they feel towards a certain gender, But think about it, Just cause you like someone, It isn’t a disorder.

Posted by: Idle
  • don't hate us

Well we've all heard about
    How the guys in the band
    Weren't the popular kids in school
    And now you hate your parents
    'cause of the way you turned out
    But in the end the blame's on you
    And we all sympathize with your torn-apart heart
    And your really artistic worldly views
    It sells records when you're sad these days
    It's super cool to be mad these days
    I think rock and roll is really funny
    When it's serious
    Don't hate us 'cause we're happy
    Don't hate us 'cause we're beautiful
    Don't hate us if we make you smile
    Or if we go the extra mile
    To make someone feel better
    On a really shitty day
    And if you're hearing what I'm saying then
    I want to hear you say, "I'm gay! " (I'm gay! )
    Say, "I'm gay! " (I'm gay! )
    Let's start a movement, Let's start it right now
    And if you don't know where to start
    I can show you I'm your new team captain
    Put your left hand over your heart
    And repeat after me
    It's perfectly fine to be a happy individual
    Chris, Gary? You guys wanna join in?
    (Yeah, Buddy, Sure, Sorry dude)
    Very nice, Very nice.
    Don't hate us 'cause we're happy
    Don't hate us 'cause you're miserable
    Don't hate us if we make you smile
    Or if we go the extra mile
    To make someone feel better on a really shitty day
    Say, "I'm gay! " (I'm gay! )
    That's right, Ladies and gentleman!
    Pick up the phone
    'cause Bowling For Soup is on the line!
    And you don't have to be sad anymore!
    You don't have to be mad anymore!
    We can all join hands and do ring around
    The freaking rosie!
    In fact, Can we can get some "La la"s up in here?
    It's super cool to be mad these days
    I think rock and roll is really funny
    When it's serious
    Yo, Where my "La la"s at!
    La la-la la, La-la la-la
    La la la la
    La la-la la, La-la la-la
    La la la la
    La la-la la, La-la la-la
    La la la la
    La la-la la, La-la la-la
    La la la la
    La la-la la, La-la la-la

>