Should it be illegal for a transsexual to trick a straight person?

Asked by: HumbleAfrican
  • Its fraud and its dangerous.

Currently its not illegal for a man or women, who had a sex change or pretends to be other than their birth sex, to engage in sexual intercourse or have relationships with people without first disclosing their birth sex. I believe laws have to change to reflect the changing world, and protect people of all sexual orientation.
    Yesterday at a club my friend was talking to this girl all night long. Dancing hugging etc. Only for her to later tell him, "Before we go any farther I have to tell you I'm a TS" My friend was extremely mad and we had to stop him from seriously hurting it.
    Many a transsexual has been beaten up or even killed for deceiving unsuspecting people. People who have been deceived in this manner shouldn't have to take matters in their own hands they should be able to have the law fight their battles. This sort of deceit is an equivalent to rape, and the people who do it should be labeled as sex offenders.

• People have a right

It doesn't matter how much a person believes they are one gender or another, the other party should always have the right to know the sex, or intersex one was born with. That is not trans phobia, lying about your current or former sex should be illegal. That is all

• Its still fraud.

If it is something as severe as a gender change people have a right to know. If they engage in intercourse with a straight person, that person is giving consent to what they think is a member of the opposite gender but if this is not the case and it is a 'transexual tricking them' its comparable to rape. I personally would not want to have sex with another man, therefore if someone where to trick me into thinking they were a woman, i would consider this rape because it is unconsented

• Although the question should be rephrased; And I don't think it should be treated that seriously, make it a civil offense

Why couldn't it be a transsexual tricking a gay person? Or not even a transsexual. Some people aren't transsexuals but are transvestites, that is to say they dress up as the opposite sex occasionally but they don't think of themselves as being or wanting to be the opposite sex.

Point 2, I don't think it should be considered nearly as serious as rape, you still consented to the sex though it wasn't fair that they tricked you. Nor do I think you should have to become a registered sex offender as another suggested. Nor do I think merely flirting, dating, or even kissing should be subject to this law. It shouldn't be that serious of an offense. In fact I think it should just be a tort. You should be able to sue someone over this, and that's it.

Other sorts of deception i.e. concerning age should be considered much more serious. If someone underage tricks another person as to their age that should result in jail time and them becoming a registered sex offender.

• It is a form of RAPE

Not disclosing your birth sex is deceiving and causes trauma on someone who has been tricked in this way. It is wrong and should be disclosed up front in any relationship. No matter how many surgeries they have had they aren't their "new" sex genetically. Laws need to be put in place to protect people who are abused in this way by others.

• Not just straight.

I think that people that are deceptive about this personal an issue should be subject to civil suits. Also, people who have STDs and do not disclose it should be subject to paying damages and medical bills. It's just rotten changing appearance to the opposite sex and going for people who are looking for natural only. If you took it as far as suing over dyed hair or wigs, that might be taking it too far. Watch the Star Trek TNG episode where they introduce the Trill for the first time. It was all about this issue. What a jerk the Trill was for not telling a woman interested in men only and family life and having children that he's really a parasite that uses humanoid bodies for romance with humans, and what an idiot Dr. Crusher was. She jumped into the sack with it as quick as she could.
    Trill: "Oh, sorry, I'll be a chick now for the next 40 years. We're still good for a Friday wedding, right?"
    Dr. Crusher: "No, but maybe someday I'll be cool enough to set aside all my preferences and dreams for those of an inconsiderate interloper."
    Roll credits.

• I'm the odd man out here I think.

I personally feel that if your are trans you should reveal that to your partner the same way you reveal that you may have an std. If you disagree I understand but which
    is worse telling someone the truth before you are going to have sex and suffering disappointment or waiting to surprise your partner which is when they may they surprise you in return by by cutting your throat or putting bullet between your eyebrows. I'm not trying to be funny but this current fixation western society has with shaming heterosexual for not having intimte relationships with other men who identify themselves who identify themselves as women and this fixation is getting these trans people killed.

• You can't use

The argument that they're "women." They are men who think they are women or vice versa. If I was out drinking and met a person that I thought was a women and had sex with them, I would be horrified if I found out I just had sex with a Trans. I'm not a homophobe or a transphobe, on the contrary, I support these people. It is not tricking if they don't tell me, but it it still a violation of my own rights to not know the person I'm having sex with used to have a penis. I don't feel comfortable with that and that needs to be respected just like how straight people are forced to respect the LGBTQ community.

• Trans stealth sex is akin to rape

It may not be the same as having a disease or drugging someone but it's close and can cause emotional damage for a straight man to have sex with a transwoman not knowing she is biologically a man. (or a straight woman with a transman, or a homosexual man/woman with the biological opposite sex person) It's fraud and deceptive and akin to rape, because you are forcing someone to believe you are something you are not and then taking advantage of them. Violating them and their body.

• Absolutely immoral violater should have their sex organ removed.

I don't care what the sjw say. Letting a straight person know that they had sex with someone that is once make would scar them forever. I would personally never want a once man to be on my sex history. In fact I am extremely picky regarding to my sex history.

• Is this a problem for you?

Seriously? Who, aside from characters in sitcoms, has this been an issue for? Transsexual are not out "tricking" people. This is just some fear thing. Its like bathrooms. What is the fear everyone has with transsexual using bathrooms? What are you all doing in the bathroom that makes you fear another person using a stall?

Posted by: TBR
  • You ought to tell the person if you are transgender/sexual

But when a transgender/transexual person is in a romantic relationship they arent trying to trick you. For one its very difficult to break that news to a potential romantic partener for fear if their reaction.
    Another thing: If fir example a transgender/sexual woman wants go date you and tells you she is a woman or you just assume that, she insnt lying or tricking you. She is a woman. She is telling the truth.

• Shes a woman

It's not tricking. Shes a woman now. Maybe you should ask beforehand, however if you have a DNA fetish instead of a sexual or emotional attraction then maybe you are the one at fault and not the trans person. I do not understand what the big deal is with this.

• It is not tricking

Transsexual people don't intend to 'trick' people into thinking they are one sex or another because they are both. I think it's a personal topic and a person doesn't have to be open about them being transsexual unless they are comfortable telling someone they are trans. They are not tricking society. Besides, the question states 'Should it be illegal for a transsexual to trick a straight person' I see two flaws with the question as they are not 'tricking' people and the second flaw would be using the words 'straight person'. Transsexual people don't just 'trick' straight people, they can 'trick' homosexual or asexual people as well. Besides, using the word 'trick' isn't right in context as they aren't trying to confuse people, they were probably confused themselves at one point in their life. I believe it is their choice to tell people about their gender.

• I am unsure how a person could be "tricked"

You should take a look before she has your ankles in the air saying this won't hurt. Maybe your bias and think it is ok to get head but not give it, that's ok I'm the same way. But to make it illegal is as dumb as the person that thinks they got "tricked". Personally I don't tongue a girl unless my fingers get wet.

• Get to know someone before you have sex

I don't think it should be illegal. People should get to know someone before they engage in sexual intercourse. Granted, you probably won't know this when you meet someone at the bar so this leads into someone's "religion and morals" comment. If you sleep with someone the first time you meet them then you are more than likely breaking your religious beliefs by have sex outside of wedlock and you morals are pretty low to be sleeping with some RANDOM person that you just met. Therefor that makes you no better than the person that tricked you.

• Know Your Own Partner

It's always been considered wise to get to know and be personal with the person you're sleeping with. Those who choose not to do so are taking more risk than just sleeping with the same sex. Few transsexuals are even attempting to "trick" those they encounter, they don't owe anyone an explanation for why they are who they are.

• You can't always have your own way

It does not matter how old you are or what you think you know; you can't always have your own way. People just need to learn to stop bragging, and respect people. Priests should only marry a man and woman, not same sex couples or transsexuals. Is this not obvious?

• Using it as an excuse...

In a majority of cases he knew before he did it, In those other cases he should have known but saying he was tricked is usually a cover up when he gets caught with a Transsexual especially when he wanted to keep the encounter a secret. If he has been with a Transsexual, he just likes Transsexuals-H

• Unethical? Yeah, but legally punishable? No.

If we were to bar that, then we'd have to continue to the other relating types of fraud and deception; otherwise, we'd be oppressing a specific demographic.

Comparison: romantic partners that trick their partner into believing they are caring, but instead just put on the face necessary to get sexual activity going. Is it unethical? Yes. But making that illegal is too much social control.

It's essentially the same thing in the end, one partner being emotionally distraught after they find out the person they were falling for wasn't who they thought they were.

Forthelulz says2015-03-15T03:52:33.113
It's a trap!
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T11:37:42.947
I think i would be nice if they told them before dating