• Control freaks always need to be in control

If you're going to start a family, remember that those kids are human beings - they are your responsibility but not your property.
    Choose the breed of your puppy, or choose the color of your car. But leave the gender of your child up to the chromosomes. Accept and respect your kids as they are.

• Parents should not have this choice.

I think that this sort of genetic manipulation should not be allowed. We rely on nature to ensure a healthy distribution of males and females on this planet for population stability. Allowing parents to choose their child's gender would lead to some serious imbalances that could threaten global productivity and many other things.

• Could lead to gender imbalances

Society's male-to-female ratio should remain as close to 1:1 as possible. Besides, Gender selection is a waste of valuable medical resources. Doctors should be all about saving lives.

Also: Haven't you ever heard of adoption? If you're really picky about having a son or a daughter, Just adopt a baby of the gender you want. Problem solved!

• Yes it should

I think that it should be illegal for parents to choose the sex of their children because I think that the child should have the right to choose their own sex ok and yes I think that we should make it illegal for parents to choose the sex of their children ok ok ok bye bye

• No, parents should be able to choose the sex of their child.

It should be legal for parents to choose the sex of their child, if they are in a position to do so. I think that this would only be abused in situations where other laws are in effect that cause parents to select for a particular sex because of traditional roles and expectations of the child. When China put a limit on family size in a cultural tradition that favored male children, the women would seek to abort a female child. If parents are free to just choose a sex without societal pressure, it seems to me it would work fine. Families who have all boys may want a daughter, and vice versa. What would be wrong with that?

• If science allows it without harm it should be legal.

It should not be illegal for parents to choose the sex of their child. If all it is, is a selection process, and an embryo isn't hurt, then it should be perfectly legal. If there is pain or too much manipulation involved, then no. From my research it seems that the latter would not be the case. Allowing parents to choose the sex of their child might make them more involved as parents as well.

• It should not be illegal for parents to choose the sex of their child

It should not be illegal for parents to choose the sex of their child. This is because of the fact that the parents are the "owners" of the child, and they are free to do with the child what they wish unless this involves abuse. As it isn't inherently wrong to be male or female, it should be their choice.