• Get good grades first, learn to mature, then dating.

Look, I'm a sixth grader, I say it might be a good idea to date, if you really want to date this person and they want to date you. But make sure both of you are mature enough, that you won't take your girlfriend/boyfriend more seriously than your grades on your exams. If you're in sixth grade and I already started, and your partner isn't as mature as you are. Tell them to hold off for a while. Dating is a decision YOU need to make on your own, don't date just because it'll make you popular, date if you really love this person from the bottom of your heart and YOU make all these decisions. Don't let anyone judge you from what YOU want to do. And if your partner isn't ready for dating, respect THEIR opinion too. You only live childhood once, learn knew things and don't go over dramatizing things.
    - A love expert and student in 6th grade

• I'm dating someone

I am in 6th grade and I've been dating a girl for about 6 months so I say go for it unless your parents don't want you to then wait until you have their approval. But don't keep it a secret tell everyone so they don't ask out your girlfriend and make it weird..

• YES!!!! Of course!

This has me shocked! Parents let kindergarteners and even preschoolers date because it is cute, but when a sixth grader dates, the parents believe it is wrong. A sixth grader should, like some have previously said, date because they love that person from the bottom of their heart, and not for popularity! A mature pair of sixth graders is a good idea. ☺️❤️😍😊😁

• Who cares???? I don't

I'm in 6th grade, but I'm dating someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who who FRICKEN CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: haid
  • Ye ahhhhhhh why now?

I have a gf and we don't do anything crazy. We might hold hands and go to a schill dance, but other than that we're just friends. I am in 6th grade and she is someone I can tell almost anything we trust each other like we're talking to ourselves.

• Let them go!!

Im in 6th grade and I am dating someone. Our parents agree that we can date and its not like we would make out. He is someone who I feel comfterable talking to and I can express any problems that I have. I think as long as you know him/her well and you love them as an overall person then I say that you should go ahead and be together!!!

• As long as it is a medium size

By that I mean no where paste third base just be nice, have fun. This should be a learning experience so what, your kids are making out, big deal. Also this generation is evolving quikly so go for it. I know parents might be reading this. So let them, its not gonna be so serious. Dont stress out to much

• As long as it is a medium size

• Sure why not

I am in 6th grade and I have one and it boosts my Confeidence and I have a lot of fun with him we both really like each other and I had my first kiss with him on the Ferris wheel at a fair but we aren't the madly in love kind so ya 💜💜😇😇😊😊

• Yes I do

Yes I'm in a relationship right now and I think it is more of being close friends with the other gender You have to be nice and understand each other because often you are going through puberty and people don't need to be kissing or anything but it is a good idea

• What are we going to do?

What are you going to do in 6th grade with your boyfriend or girlfriend? Go hold hands on the playground??? Seriously???? Be real.Its not like you are going to get married so whats the point???Every one is so immature. It just causes drama and jealousy. Don't grow up too fast!

• They're not even ''dating''

Kids just want to say.. ''I have a gf/bf'' they really dont tbh, most of the time they aren't event doing anything. Personally I think it's a waste of time and it's silly. I mean, YOU CAN'T EVEN DRIVE! What are u gonna do? Have ur mom drop u off at chucky cheese? Lol. I am un the sixt grade, I say wait till u can drive and u have a job :)

• They are way too young and the average age to start dating is 16 not 9!

I've seen 9 year old girls and 9 year boys holding hands and once I saw a 9 year old boy kiss a 9 year old girl eww! And it was gross kids should not do that that young. And then a 12 year old boy asked a 10 girl out for a date and her response was " yes,yes I will." eww! That is so gross.Someone should complain.

• Too Serious, Too Soon

Kids who date in the sixth grade are likely to become parents by the ninth grade. Although they may begin to develop an interest in the opposite sex, pursuing these feelings in anything other than group situations or experiences opens the doors for teen pregnancy. They are far too immature to begin to handle feelings of sexuality in sixth grade.

• If 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds can't handle it, then how can an 11 year old handle it??

Listen, kids need to be kids and stop worrying about dating. When you've only been alive for barely 10 years, you don't need to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Everyone just needs to enjoy being friends. Of course, you can't control how you feel about someone but you can control your actions. You don't need to be in a relationship that young. You're rushing into things that you're not ready for. You're not mature enough for it. Teenagers aren't mature enough for it. Teenage girls and boys are killing themselves and having low self-esteems because the person they like doesn't like them back. I don't think we need our youth getting involved in those things so early.

• We are only little kids

We are only 11-12 year olds we should not.Be aloud too date because once again we are just kids. Also everyone at my school is allways spreading rumors about a kids private parts being cut off but it's not true. So take my advice and take life slow because before you know it being a kid is going to end in like 3 years so make it last.

• More mature kids choose not to date

I have noticed all the mature 6th graders at my school have decided not to date, and the ones who do date are not as happy, because it is growing up to fast. Also, with dating their are two options, you can either:
    a) Get married
    b) break up
    I am pretty sure no one is going to actually get married in sixth grade, so that leaves break up.
    Also, I hug my friends who are boys, and in sixth grade, should not go farther than hugging a person I date, so besides the title, what's so different about it than a normal friendship? The basis of love is friendship too. Most kids do it for reputation, and as a rebellion against their parents advice.

• Not at all.

It doesn't matter how old you are or how mentally old you think you are, kids have all the time in the world to date. Enjoy the time you have to be a kid. Life is more fun when you're single. There are people in my grade (12th) who have never dated or kissed and don't regret it. Honestly, people who are 16, 17, and even 18 & 19 who can't handle the stress of dating, let alone an 11 year old who is just figuring their self out.

• No why in the hell?!?

What's the point of dating in grade six like they even know what their going to do with a relationship , they'll just be wasting there time and then they'll go crazy and crap and the only reason they would probably have a boyfriend anyways would to be to make someone jealous

• Not too smart

6th grade. People may say "We're growing up. Time to date. " But the first sentence is why not too. They're growing up and their childhood is slipping away. I understand that maybe the feeling of a partner is nice, But can't it wait. Also, The relationship may not last long. And when they break up or something in that area, They become sad and grades start falling. Obviously, This is not general, But the general argument is that they want to grow up and they don't take notice of their one and only childhood going away.

>