• It is not fair if only one person gets to keep a trophy.

If only one kid gets to keep a trophy it might make the other kids feel useless and like they did not do anything but they did and if they do not get a trophy it will make them want to quit not do anything again.
    So i hope everyone agrees with me.

• Of course they should.

I know when I was younger and I sucked at every single sport known to man I would have loved to get a trophy for participating. Those kind of trophy's don't teach kids that they always win, they just give them the motivation to try. They promote a healthy response in a kid like "Hey, you were a part of something, you tried, you did good, and even if you didn't win you still tried your hardest." They teach kids about good sportsmanship and they teach them to accept when they lose because they tried. At least a participation trophy gives kids like myself something to show for their effort. I known in my personal experience any time I ever tried a sport I got nothing for it, nothing at all, I had no trophies to show for how hard I tried to be good. Some kids will always suck at sports, but hey if they got a participation trophy at least they'd have something to show for how hard they tried to be good. What's so wrong with that?

• Trophies get kids motivated.

I think that some kind of an award would be nice for a child. I used to participate in a bunch of sports and I never got any award. I was sad after every event. One of my friends always brags about how good she is at all of these sports and she hurts my feelings so I am all in for giving out trophies.

• They need trophys.

Little kids might get mad if they dont if they dont get a trophy. If they do get a trophy they will keep playing the sport. The sport could get more popular and then more kids would get trophies which will make the world a happier place. It would be a lot better if kids got trophys

• Yes, They helped when I was 7

Once I was seven years old, my mama told me,
    "Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely."
    Once I was seven years old

It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger
    Pushing each other to the limits, we were learning quicker
    By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor
    Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

Once I was eleven years old, my daddy told me,
    "Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely."
    Once I was eleven years old

I always had that dream, like my daddy before me
    So I started writing songs, I started writing stories
    Something about that glory just always seemed to bore me
    'Cause only those I really love will ever really know me

Once I was twenty years old, my story got told
    Before the morning sun, when life was lonely
    Once I was twenty years old

(Lukas Graham!)

I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure
    'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major
    I got my boys with me, at least those in favor
    And if we don't meet before I leave, I hope I'll see you later

I was writing about everything I saw before me
    Once I was twenty years old

Soon we'll be thirty years old, our songs have been sold
    We've traveled around the world and we're still roaming
    Soon we'll be thirty years old

I'm still learning about life
    My woman brought children for me
    So I can sing them all my songs
    And I can tell them stories
    Most of my boys are with me
    Some are still out seeking glory
    And some I had to leave behind
    My brother, I'm still sorry

Soon I'll be sixty years old, my daddy got sixty-one
    Remember life, and then your life becomes a better one
    I made a man so happy when I wrote a letter once
    I hope my children come and visit once or twice a month

Soon I'll be sixty years old, will I think the world is cold
    Or will I have a lot of children who can warm me?
    Soon I'll be sixty years old

Soon I'll be sixty years old

Once I was seven years old

Once I was seven years old

• Y u du dis

You should not tell ur kids its ok u did ur best hav a trophy. U should say well u did not du good enough this try harder and practice more so u can win. So if u tell them they did good by winning a participation trophy they will think they did good enough and keep playing badly

• No ha ha ha ha ha

I feel they should earn it not just show up and get something. If they just show up they will eventually get used to being rewarded for nothing. Also its not fair for the kids who actually tried hard. Also it allows kids to learn competition. Kids need to work hard.

• It is just the right thing

I'm doing a debate on why kids should or should not participation trophies. I'm why they should. And I feel that it is just the right thing to do. I mean come on imagine doing something that you put all of your time and efforts into just to get nothing. Would feel so good now, would it?

• Boosts self estem

What if you didn't get a trophie but your friend did, how would you feel what would you do? Getting a trophie helps them reflect on the good experience they had. It, also shows they acomplished something on the team and may encourage them to do better and keep on going. Bur, yes there's also some bad thing's to like kids not working for the treophie.

So i hope everyone agrees with me.

• No earn it

You cant just be given something for trying. If you want to get a real trophy/ribbon then try a little harder and earn a real one. So don't give out participating trophys earn them like real people who are accualy good at things so i think no earn them kids.

• Its not special Because everyone gets one!

Whenever I got a participation trophy, it just made me feel more sad that I didn't win the tournament. We, as a country, don't need to make kids feel sad that they epic failed to win. So we give them a trophy? I always just threw my participation trophies away.

• No kids should get trophies

Kids shouldnt get trophies because looking back i have at least 50 trophies from my childhood just in my basement scene i was 7. I HAVE A TON.COme on. I mean i bet i couldve gotten a trophy for eating huh? It was for participating. Not if your good or bad.

• They are pointless

The losing team should want to better themselves, not feel proud because they lost. The whole point of being on a team is competing and feeling the satisfaction of beating your opponents. The losing team should want to better themselves, not get by with the bare minimum of the sport or competition.

• Because then thay wont pertise a pate

No because if the kids now there going to get a trophies then they will not participate in the activity. Say if someone just sat on the bench and not want to play the game sometimes the hole game. The league should come up with a trophy for the teem that won the last game in the finals should get it. And it a good lesson wen people get older they wont get a trophy just for showing up and playing they will have to put up the extra effort.

• They are unnecessary and pointless.

If kids know that they are going to get a trophy for only showing up for practice or not trying your best, they won’t try to accomplish anything. They won’t do anything because they are quite aware that they don’t have to. They’ll get a reward anyway. Some people may say that awards spur kids who aren't the best at what they do to work harder. In truth, nonstop recognition makes kids feel like they are already perfect at what they are doing and shuts them down to any improvement.

• Children get too many participation trophies for doing nothing while eating the team snack!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was a child, i wondered why the other kids who were on the winning team got the same trophy as us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is hard to see your child sitting on the ground in the outfield picking the grass while the ball runs right by them! Sports these days!!!!!!!!

• Kids should not get participation trophies.

Kids should not get participation trophies. I think that because of a kid barely plays he doesn't deserve a trophy. I also think kids should not have a trophy that is just about how they played but might have never won a game but still got a trophy for playing but may not have played.

• REALLY!!! Thats a neck!!!!

It doesn't make them feel like they have to try or do anything that helps the team. If the get trophies for doing something then why do I not get a trophy for sitting in my butt all day long. Cmon now, that like telling your kids, " hey you did nothing, you earned yourself a trophy"

• Gives kids no reason to get motivated.

Kids should not be given trophies because if they receive trophies just for sucking and showing up. If they had bad at the sport it will give them motivation to practice and work hard at the sport to get better to get the trophy. With getting a trophy for doing nothing kids will not be motivated.

>