Should kids have as much sugar as they want?

Asked by: jaydogh
  • Forcing a limitation is ableist

Why would you do this to your own freaking kids if you don't do it yourself. You parents are pretty hypocritical. Why would you do this to your own freaking kids if you don't do it yourself. You parents are pretty hypocritical. Why would you do this to your own freaking kids if you don't do it yourself. You parents are pretty hypocritical.

• Yeah they should

Yes I think that we should have to allow kids to have as much sugar as they want and I do not care if ok and we should have to let kids and of course children to have as much sugar as they want if they want to then let them

• Sure why not

I think that kids should absolutely have as much sugar as they want because this is a free country ok and yes I think that we should allow kids to have as much sugar as they want ok and yes I think that we should allow everyone to have as much sugar as they want to ok ok bye bye

• Yes they indeed should

I think that kids should have as much sugar as they want because this is a free country we should be able to choose how much sugar we eat a day ok and yes we should allow kids to have as much sugar as they want to ok ok bye bye

• If you limit them

I think that if the parents limit the amount the sugar their kid has to eat them or course they would get less diabetes ok and yes kids should hav sugar but parents should limit the amount of sugar kids and teenagers can have a day a month and a year ok ok bye bye

• Yes they should

Because if we force our kids to eat healthy they will just have a sneak way to throw it away and just make an excuse to go to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet ok and yes I think that we should have kids eat sugar but just limit how much sugar they should eat ok ok bye bye

• Sugar is an addictive agent.

Eating sugar releases dopamine and opioids, Which stimulate the reward systems of the body. This is why eating sugar is an enjoyable experience, However these releases have dangerous side effects. When dopamine is released constantly, The body adapts so that it releases smaller amounts whenever the body asks for it. This then makes the person eat more sugar to get the same feeling, Like cocaine. Also like cocaine, The release of opioids changes the reward centre of the brain, As to allow addictive behaviours to form easier.

Both children and adults need to limit their sugar intake, However children are more susceptible to a lack of control, Meaning that their guardian(s) need to help them by limiting the amount of sugar in their diet.

• Children don't know when to stop.

Sugar tastes good we all know that. Children are usually short sighted. They don't think about how unhealthy it is. They don't think about
    potentially getting diabetes. All they care about is that sugar tastes good. So allowing kids to eat as much sugar as they want are gonna result in them being overweight and overall not healthy.

• Of course not

Children don't know when to stop, You can't put that responsibility and pressure on them like that.
    After all, Isn't health priority? And aren't parents supposed to teach their children what is best? This is one of those things that they need to teach their children. Surely this is obvious?

• Most Definitely NOT

It a health issue. Children need to be taught to eat healthy and exercise. Parents who feed their children unhealthy amounts of anything should be sterilized and put in jail. Not looking after your child's health is child abuse and parents should be dealt with accordingly. It's no wonder obesity and diabetes are so wide spread and letting worse.