• UM YEAHHHHHHH We need smart phones

Kids are oppressed by our society. I am speaking on be half of all the kids out there. We deserve smartphones. I have a smartphone and I use it for everything. It is great because I can text and calculator and social media. So yeah kids need smartphones because they are fun and I like them.

• If They're Lost

If your child is lost there are certain app (like hangouts) that let them share where they are at that exact time. Also if a kid gets lost they can walk home themselves with a navigation app. So would you like to keep your kid safe or not? You decide.

• A simple answer!

It's stupid not to. I'm like seriously. Why not? What if you child gets lost or forgotten some where. You could just text him/her where you are and they'll come find you. You can also download games to help your child with math, spelling, and other things that they struggle with. So why not? You tell me?

• Why shouldn't they?

Instead of having an iPod for music, a tablet for games, and what i call a "dinky little flip phone" for talk and text, kids should have one device that does all three. Instead of having to press buttons multiple times to text, smartphones allow voice dictating and hands-free texting.

• Yep they need smartphones

Kids do need smart phones to communicate with apps that their friends have so that they have a better reputation, also in the future everything is hanna be smart this and smart that..... And its a good time to give them this because its the age in which you learn the most..... And honestly, they need to learn how to make their future better.

• Atleast give them a cell phone it's self. Why not a smart phone?

So, It may be true that, "Oh they are time consuming" and "Expensive" and Possibly the kid has some other device that the parents want their child to be grateful for. I myself, am giving one of those slide phones that you literally have to punch the keyboard to get it to type. And an iPod 3rd Generation. Which, doesn't even let me get very much of social Media. I'm not going to give you some dumb excuse saying "oh they are for emergency's and oh they can call if anything goes wrong" Which although, can be handy if you are asking for your very first phone.

I could go on and on. But I say Yes. Not Children, or Kids but "Tweens" as in like 11,12, 13 middle school ages, because there is more clubs, and activitys, and hanging out more with your friends.

• It's the world when they grow up.

When kids grow up, smart devices will be the way most of the way the world works. So why keep them away from smart devices if the future will just be smart phones and tablets everywhere. (Especially in the 2020's and 2030's.) They'll probably buy one when they have a job anyways.

• Smart phones are important to kids!

I'm 13 and my parents won't get me a smartphone. I just have a normal keypad phone , and I feel ashamed of taking it out in front of everyone ! I feel that If parents have smartphone then why can't we get it. They feel that if I get a smartphone then I'll not concentrate on my studies and they feel that I maybe misuse it .But I fell very bad when I see my classmates and even kids smaller than me having their own iPhone or samsung galaxy note 3 . In school most of the people judge how cool you are on the mobile you have, but my parents don't understand .My friend alway ask me to come on whatsapp but I always have the same reply that I don't have a smartphone .

• Kids should have smartphones in elementary.

Kid should have smartphones in elementary so they can look up stuff on the internet. Or if they need a calculator.Also, sometimes when kids are walking home they can call their parents to tell them they are walking home. Or if they get hurt bad they can call 911. That's all.

• Children should have smartphones!

Children need to be conected to their friends. It is important children are connected to their friends and if they arent it can lead to arguments fights, and tears, parents should let their children have smartphones or at least a phone! It is an invasion of their social life if they don't let their child have a smartphone.

• Kids don't need phones

Using phones builds bad sleep habits, Fosters false relationships, Distracts from the real world, Leads to a lack of appreciation for money-saving, And exposes kids to targeted content, Often unfit for their viewing. Kids don't need late night YouTube videos, Social media drama, Worrying about documenting their life for others, Spending money on phone upgrades, And advertising being shoved down their throat. Life is enough work as is.

• Why would they need overpriced junk?

Smartphones draw kids away from any social life. Why would parents want this? Shouldn't kids be making real friends in school?
    If kids must have a phone, A flip or brick phone should be fine. Kids can still keep in touch with friends and parents without getting addicted. I always have got by with a flip phone.

• They cause bullying.

I like smartphones, But I hate seeing other kids, And myself, Getting bullied because of their phone. This just proves that smartphones take people away from their social life, And into a world of expensive material possessions. I have always had a flip phone, And, While I sometimes do wish I could join my friends on social media, I understand that is not what really matters. Any friend who teases or judges you on your phone is not a true friend at all.

• Easy target for bullies and groomers

Its bad enough that children can access computers at home with the fear of accessing inappropriate web sites (accidentally! ) but at least parents can put controls on check in on them, But smart phones are too easily used to corrupt, Bully, Brainwash, Distract, The list goes on! Hard to control.

• Kids should not have smsartphones

I think kids should be given a set time so they don't get too addicted. Kids can get depression and addicted so it is hard for them to stop. More people are at risk of getting eye-damage. Going on your smartphones for too much time is bad for the eyes

• No smart phones! Get it when your 13.

Even though i'm only 11 and want a smartphone badly i don't think i should. I think 13 is the age that parents should give me one. First of all, you are a teenager so you would want to be responsible. Second of all, kids are still learning the facts of cyberbullying so if they have cyberbully the wont really know what to do, and if the cyberbully the might not know the are doing it. Third of all I just think kids should get outside more, instead of playing face to face outside with their friends they are inside texting them. Boom! Dropped that opinion bomb!

• Humans outside of high school should not have a smartphone

You can always find ways to work things out if you are in clubs without a smartphone, I do all the time. I'm 14 and never had any kind of phone. One of my parents come to pick me up every time. If both parents work all the time then get a kid a smartphone, but have the phone be restricted to just call and text. I say this because young humans with smartphones/ the internet are at risk of being exposed to material that can alter their maturing. They never fully grow up and when they grow up looking at inappropriate material on the internet they think that it is normal and okay to talk about that stuff and most likely do it in the future. I think that getting a kid a smartphone outside of high school is dangerous.

• They are not needed for kids.

Notice that more than half of the people that are on the yes side are children. But really they dont need a phone, its a waste of time and money. You dont need a phone to have fun or to look cool, if your friends make fun of you for having a flip phone or not having a phone, then you need to get some new friends. Anyone can live without a phone, or lives dont depend on a phone. Kids with a phone like to get distacted and they use it in class and play games in class whedn they should be listening to the teacher and learning. You people get addicted to the phone and and no matter where you go or what you do, you have a phone in front of your face, what good is having a phone when your speding more time with your phone than your own family?.And a lot of people say that they limit themselve but thats just a lie. And i know what you are thinking, im just a old guy and stuff and thats why im saying these things, but no im actually a 14 year old boy and im agaisnt it not for it.

• Kids should not have phones.

Kids should not be allowed to have smartphones because the smartphone could blow up in their hand. That would be really sad. I dont think that kids should have smartphones because people could bully the and that would also be really sad. Lets not have smartphones for kids and make the world a better place.

• Bet you could live without!

Smartphones are too pricey. You really don't need one. They also hurt your eyes and you might get a seizure or you'll have to get glasses as a result. For me, and I'm ten, they're too much of a responsibility. So I can't text, Just spill when you get to school. I understand when your a adult because your probably moved out and if something really bad happens you need to call. I read to entertain myself so I'm good.

>