• Not that they should, its that they should be able to

Kids should be able to have a social media account for educational purposes. For example, a teacher could have a social media, to help students with their work. Another example is, students could ask their peers for help on homework.

Kids should also be able to sign up for social media accounts for communication purposes. Such as, if a student has trouble making conversation and is more confident online, they can talk to someone in their school over the internet, before talking to them in real life. Or, students can talk to a close friend over social media, of course.

Lastly, there are ways to make social media a safe place for students. For instance, on specific social media, there are ways to make accounts private. An example is instagram, students can make it so people have to ‘request’ to follow you, so they would see your pictures. Another way to make social media safe is for parents to follow their son or daughter. The last and final way to make social media sites safe for children is to hide personal information. To explain, children not showing their face, not revealing their parents credit card information, hiding their phone number, and not sharing their address is a great way to keep social media safe.

Parents may go against this opinion by saying “Oh, but children get kidnapped and murdered by being on these social media sites!” To that I say, first, read the last paragraph of this editorial and second, parents need to monitor their children more. Kidnappers won’t nap a kid if a parent is by their side.

In conclusion, children should be able to use social media accounts. For educational purposes, to talk to school friends, and you can find ways to make it safe.

• J j j

J j j jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj jj j v v v v v h

• Yes kids should have a social media

The fact we have school fro 7-8 hours of out day, we come home study do homework then chores and our personal health care / health with as much time we use just with those things doesn't leave us with a lot of time to even get on social media that often so we do not abuse social network with time.
    A lot of my family lives out of the country so this is a inexpensive way to communicate with my family members. Imagine how expensive and hard it would be without social media and also social media is basically on any device with a touch screen so even a tablet, ipod can connect with social media you don't have to have a phone. Its okay if you don't agree with me

• Kid should be able to be on social media at school and at home.

If kids live in springfield and the best friend is moving to New York And one of them has social media and the other friend dose not how will they talk to each other. I had that experience when my friend moved to sullivan and I could not see her.

• Kids should have it

Tyey shoul have it so they can see what's going on in the outside world, so hey can talk with their friends, so they can discover new friends and relationships, so they can talk to their friends if they're moving away, and so they can plain follow the people they like and love

• Kids should have social media

Kids like to stay in touch and cannot do that if their creativity is restricted. Depending on their age, kids should get certain freedoms and responsibilities that allow them to become young adults. My parents have yet to let me get any social media and I am one of the last people in my grade who don't

• Yes They Sould

Kids using social media can be a very good way to interact with friends and i can not say that i agree with some kids going on social media but there are some times that i think it should be ok it really does depend on how much the kid is trusted or what they are doing.

• They should let kids be on social media

I think kids should be on social media because it helps make online friends. We I think it helps them get online friends is because when the chat with someone, they get to know each other, which is why they become friends. I think you get my point. Bye Bye!

• See what is happning in the world

So kids can see what is happning in life and it is not a big secret and gives kids who has no freinds a chance to make some friends and not be left out. And some kids just need a break when they work hard and it is like saying that after you do something good, you get nothing.

• Yes totes should have

Should have i have i am about to go to 6th grade and i safe with my social media it helps kids have fun and lets them see what see what their friends are doing #lol #go to have social media # love it and it helps learns something somtimes

• Bad stuff on there

Most things on the internet are not censored or approved for kids younger than 18. And they´ll get into things that seem inaproppiate. Either way, bad people will find their account and could locate them. The internet is no place for an adolescent younger than 13, Therefore, the internet is not all that safe and kid-friendly

• Social media is becoming a Global Problem

Chamath Palihapitiya, a former Facebook executive, says that Facebook is “Ripping apart the social fabric of how society works.” He said it was not just about the Russian adds in the election, but that Facebook is becoming “A global problem.” He hardly ever uses Facebook and only posts about two times every seven years. Palihapitiya will not even let his kids use Facebook or any other social media, which leads to the question, should adolescents be able to use Social media apps like Facebook. I say no.

• Kids should not have social media.

I think 6th graders should not use social media. Over the years, The time someone spends on social media is slowly increasing. Social media could build an addiction, Harmful for their school grades. Worse, Even for their health, Like mental health. Many had tried to avoid it, But many users had stated it is challenging. It is also proven that users compare themselves to others. The image they are comparing to might even be fake. People nowadays are editing pictures to change their own image. Another negative effect is that people’s feeling or mood of depression has a high chance of increasing. It is also known that cyberbullying could be a problem. It usually cannot be stopped unless a user reports it. A positive benefit from social media could also have a negative effect. For example, Many people say that social media is a great way for people to connect and build friendships. But this benefit could also create a negative impact like people reducing to see each other in person. Consequently, 6th graders should not use social media yet and have more face to face interactions.

• What about Identity theft?

Identity theft is more possible to kids because won't use a credit card till their older increasing their risk! Kids will not know their Identity has been stolen till it is to late! And if they have a e-mail someone can send a link to an dangerous website where they can get your information.

• Why do they need it?

Of course children should have fun and be able to share funny posts with their friends...But most parents don't realize how much inappropriate content is on the Internet. Most social media has age restriction of how old they should be in order to have the app, but the majority of parents and children ignore it. Not to mention how distracting it can be. I know i will check Instagram to see what my friend sent me, then I'll get distracted and be on it for hours. A bit exagerated, yes, but social media is dangerous as well. I can't tell you how many perverts have direct messaged me on Twitter and Instagram. It's even scarier to think of the 10-13 year olds who are inclined to reply. Social medial should have restrictions. Some of the "yes" arguments are how children should "know what's going on in the world". What if their parents don't want their child to know everything? The parent should be the one to tell their kid what's going on in this world.

• COPPA exists for a reason

Heck no! There is so many inappropriate things on social media that can scar children! Even I have seen disgusting things that I didn't want to see on total accident. It's atrocious. Plus on all social media you must be over 13 to have an account anyway, it's the law. (COPPA) I'm 13 and I waited, it's not very hard. Kids need to be patient and wait until they turn 13, you may not like it but it's the cold hard TRUTH. That's why I report all children under 13 on Instagram I can find. Kids shouldn't waster their childhoods on social media. It's sad that 53% of people who voted said yes. What terrible times we live in. :(

• Just my opion

No no no No kids should not have social media as it can result in cyber bullying and most kids don't know how to deal with it in the right way. It can also lead to personal information being leaked, etc. There are a lot of predators online who can find out their location in one click

• No no no

No kids should not have social media as it can result in cyber bullying and most kids don't know how to deal with it in the right way. It can also lead to personal information being leaked, etc. There are a lot of predators online who can find out their location in one click

• Live your life

Kids should not have social media as a teenager. They are still growing, and they don't know any better. This generation kids are pretty harsh, so kids will be vulnerable to cyber-bullying. Kids should live out their lives, and actually focus on their education, so they could live a happy, fun life later.

• Kids should not have social media

Kids should never use social media because if how dangerous it is. Kids get bullied on social media everyday, and they get made fun of. They think it is a popularity contest. There are kids that will and might consider suicide. That is way kids should not use social media.