• Yes, Because of emergencies and for actual important issues, But they should not be used during class.

I agree on the part where students (especially high schoolers) should have a phone with them for certain emergencies or to simply call their parents to pick them up at a certain time. When it comes to this, Phones are useful.
    However, I don't agree with students going to their classes with their phones because students these days are easily distracted by their phones and do not focus on actually learning.
    Phones should be kept in the students' locker or something away from them while they're in class, But still have access to their phone in case of an emergency of some sort.

Posted by: CDC
  • I'm a high school teen and it helps me.

Whenever we have free time we play on our phones/laptops. It helps us focus by giving us a fun break so we're not so burnt out. As someone who also struggles with many issues like mental health and discrimination it also helps me by allowing me to text my mom to come get me when I need her to. It relives the embarrassment and lack of privacy of having to beg for a teacher to allow me to go to to the office and have them call home.

• Yes, What if there is an emergency.

What if there is an emergency at home, And a parent needs to call their child. It would take longer if the parent had to call school and then the school would have to find you and what class you would be in. If you have your phone with you at school, The learner can call you straight from there. Also, When you are at school you could just turn your phone on vibration. You would still feel it when someone is calling you.

• Yes, What if there is an emergency.

• No. It spoils their learning.

School is a place where kids apart from academics, Also learn discipline, Social awareness, Moral values. They however can't be taught all these theoretically, But should be provided an environment where they could develop self discipline, Also interact with every other kids with out any discrimination and learn to be honest. As kids use mobile phones at school, It creates an environment where out of excitement of their own classmates they tend to watch porn on the absence of teachers as at that age it creates a curiosity to know all things, Share inappropriate content thus letting them not to learn self discipline, Kids don't interact with their own classmates and involve in playing games and social sites chatting with some people whom they might not even know, Also cyber bully, Thus they lack social awareness, Failing to know what is happening around them. They also cheat on exams and tests using mobile phones and thus learn no moral values, Be dishonest.

As mobile phones help incase of any emergency to contact their well wishers for any sort of help. They can be allowed to bring mobile phones but should be asked to place them on lockers and use only if necessary informing their teachers.

• No, They don't need them.

Students don't need phones. And while there is a valid argument for the potential benefits of such technology integration, As well as the need to teach kids about responsible device use, The benefits do not outweigh, Even by a longshot, The potential hazards and liabilities. Especially with cyber bullying on the rise. The simple fact of the matter is that schools flat out do not have the means and resources to regulate the use of personal devices to ensure that kids are using them in compliance with district policies. We can still teach kids about responsible device use while simultaneously disallowing the devices at school.

As a teacher in my 8th year, I can count the number of times that I have been super grateful that kids had their phones on them with two fingers, And those two fingers would make the shape of a zero. Conversely, However, I have written up countless students for taking pictures of other students work to copy later, Sending inappropriate pics to eachother during class, Surfing porn, Taking pics of other students to make memes for bullying, And texting/snapchatting during lessons.

>