• Teaching life lessons:

Horror movies are more than just a tool to terrorize our children; they are narrative tools that provide lessons on life, loss, morality, and philosophy. Kids that watch horror movies are also desensitized to a stimulus that might otherwise cause them to behave irrationally in social situations, and therefore makes them better members of society; think of it as training for the real world, which as we all know, can also be filled with horrifying things we all have to face head-on and deal with.

• Put yourself in the kids shoes

Don't think about the over protective parent that you are. Shows like The Walking Dead shows the toll how much your brain can take before spiraling into insanity. It shows how important family it is even in the worst situations. Not only can it teach you lessons but horror genres have a great fan base. Their complicated story lines can create great conversation starters and really become more of a social and extroverted person.

• Im a kid so yes batch

KIDS LOVE HORROR MOVIES IM 12 AND I LOVE THEM WITH A PASSION THE SO EXILARATING AND SCARY AND EXCITING AND GOOD AND ENTERTAINING.

ADULTS CAN BE OVERPROTECTIVE OF THIER KIDS AND SHOULD TRUST THEM WIHT MORE RESPONSIBILTIES IN LIFE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CONTROL THEM BECAUSE THEY WONT BE LIVING WITH YOU FOREVER (unless there losers)

sorry caps lock was on.

Yours truly

A child

• Why the heck not?

I think that a parent should monitor which horror movies a kid watches, but not being allowed to watch at all is a little far. Many children are like me and grew up on creepy, horror films. They give you an adrenaline rush (when they're good) and honestly teach you to be wary of the world and what it offers. Heck at least let them watch Goosebumps for crying out loud!

• Why the heck not?

• I'm not talking about modern films like saw and other gory slashers!

I as kid who watches horror movies and is under the age of 18 am saying that "watching horror movies is bad for the children', I have not had a nightmare since i was 7 and even that wasn't about a horror movie. I watch R rated horror movies all the time and with my mom and by myself and am almost never scared and in fact laugh at most horror movies. I understand where people who say no are coming from I really do but i don't think many people have even watched these horror movies for themselves as adults.

• Some kids like horror.

Some kids like the suspense, or just really like horror movies. Kids have their own opinions and like to try new things, so why shouldn't they? 'but they wont be able to sleep!' most kids don't sleep until later now. 'they'll be scared?' being scared can be a good thing.

• BIG bOYS LIKE GOOD MOVIES

Kids like horror movies, take it from a kid look at this photograph, every time I do it makes me laugh, why were our eyes so red, and what the h*** is on Joey's head? Scream Scream SCREAM SCREAM Friday the TURTEENTH its friday friday gotta kill people on friday th 13 1

• Different question here...

I think the question shouldn't be should kids watch horror movies, it should be - Should kids have the right to watch horrors. They, after all, are human beings, and if they watch a horror that they don't like then they wont watch a horror again for some time. Its better for them to find out at a young age when they have time and are learning, whether they like them or not!

• Who cares cancer (I threw in that last word to spice things up)

I seriously don't see why they shouldn't be exposed to horror movies. There's nothing wrong with a horror movie. I swear to Stephen Hawking, this society is becoming more and more sensitive. Kids around the world have witnessed more traumatic events than a horror movie. I haven't even seen the arguments that disagree with me before writing this, but I bet most of them were written by sheltered middle aged women.

• Kids will be horrified

The kids would be horrifies with the horror movies, and they might not be able to concentrate, because you just saw a zombie wondering around in the TV. They should be protected their eyes. There are a lots of movies that kids can enjoy while there in 5-10 years old.

• Forcing a child to watch horror movies is unconstitutional.

I don't think kids should watch only horror movies, there are so many other genres of content to consume, and not only on video. I like to watch horror movies, but if that was the only thing I could watch, I would eventually get bored of them, and then annoyed at them, until I finally did not want to watch TV at all. Anyone who says yes to this debate is not thinking of the children!

• Preferable Not in till they are old enough to Understand.

Kids mind tend to take things literally. Unless kids want to watch horror movies then i would allow them. In my opinion, kids tend to takes things into the real world. They would start have the feeling of fear. It can produce nightmares and anxiety as long with depression. Most horror movies contain inappropriate language , images such as blood and adult scenes. If a kid should watch a horror movie, it might give them the idea that the killings are good to do. Its better if you let them grow up enough to understand right from wrong, real and fake. Again, if those kids want to watch the horror movies then they have freedom to do so, but in my opinion, they should wait till they are a bit older .

• Kids shouldn't be watching horror movies

I know more than a hundred kids who dislike horror movies. They say it gives them nightmares, and others say they can just watch something else. It's clear that kids don't actually want to watch horror movies, but just feel the need to. If kids themselves say they don't feel the need to, then why should we adults still believe they should?
    It's pretty clear that kids don't like them by the way they act. A lot of the kids I've met also say that it's not even the movie anymore, it's really the genre of horror. For example, if a kid didn't want to watch Annabelle, then it's either a bad movie, or he simply doesn't want to. Basing from the ratings, I don't think Annabelle was a bad movie, so kids really just don't wanna watch scary movies.

• Kids shouldn't be watching horror movies.

• Horrifying shock literally gives bad impact on brain!

I guarantee if someone shows horror movies intentionally to very young child, it also is a crime. We all have horror dream we got while raising up. The moments with those type memories still give horrified emotions. We can see even adults who get shocking scenes have actual damage on brain and give bad impacts on consciousness and making wrong decisions

• I am referring to kids under 13.

Kids should not watch horror movies because it won't make them feel better about their fears but it will encourage their fears and add to it
    and most kids may not know or forget that this all is acting because modern day horror movies use realistic CGI effects so the kids will have psychological problems and will be afraid of everything *AND I MEAN EVERYTHING*

• I am assuming referring to kids not teenagers

When I was little I had nightmares for weeks after watching CORALINE. An actual horror movie would of been horrible, just don't show a kid a horror movie. Seriously, by the time they are eight or so the most even then they should watch is beetlejuice, Honestly I don't understand watching horror movies at other ages either.

• Lol X X

Beacause I say so.

XX XX XXX XXXX X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

• Savage boi 9000

Yes they sh
    ou

ld

j
    kss

s
    s
    s

s

sdddddd
    d
    d

d
    d
    d
    dd
    ddd
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d

d
    d

d
    d
    dd

d
    dd
    dd
    d
    d
    dd
    d
    d
    d
    d

d
    d
    d
    d
    d
    d

d
    d
    d
    d
    d

>