• This is truthfully just the beginning of my school speech with a crappy ending

The horror genre is one of the most popular genres in fiction, And writers can tell outstanding stories using it. In novels and poems, Description and suspense can be used to strike fear into the reader’s heart. It has formed much of America’s pop culture, Including, Monsters, Such as Dracula, And Frankenstein, And killers; Annabelle, Or Freddie Kuggar. Blah blah blah, This is just what i beleive

• Depending on le kid

It depends on the kid if the kid likes watching horror movies then they can watch horror movies but if their scared then the should not watch any horror movies because it can give them nightmares. Also HORROR MOVIES ARE GREAT I PERSONALLY THINK THAT IT ACTUALLY IS BECAUSE IT'S VERY CREATIVE!

• Yes they should.

Because if they can have their own ideas then why can't they choose what to watch. If you were a little kid again wouldn't you want to watch horror? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sometimes what they do. This is one of those times. That is my opinion, What is yours?

• You're all idiots

I think they can. A kid is old enough to make their own decisions. If a kid watch a horror movie then they can either learn their lesson and not want to watch horror movies anymore. Or they could like the movie ad want to watch more horror movies. If a kid doesn't like horror movies they don't have to watch them but if they like them, then they should be allowed to watch them. If little kids thinks they can watch a horror movie they can watch it. I know I watched my first horror movie when I was 13, age 15 now. My 11 year old sister cries when she watches horror movies but my friends sister loves them, all and all it depends on the child

• There are so many negative effects!

The effects are devastating! Children would think these horrible graphic things exist! They would be asking their parents to sleep with them, they would have nightmares for a month or more, and they would be acting weird for a long time. When those children go to school the next day, they won't stop talking about how scared they are!

• Yes they can

I think they can. A kid is old enough to make their own decisions. If a kid watch a horror movie then they can either learn their lesson and not want to watch horror movies anymore. Or they could like the movie ad want to watch more horror movies. If a kid doesn't like horror movies they don't have to watch them but if they like them, then they should be allowed to watch them.

• I don't have an opinion.

If little kids thinks they can watch a horror movie they can watch it. I know I watched my first horror movie when I was 13, age 15 now. My 11 year old sister cries when she watches horror movies but my friends sister loves them, all and all it depends on the child

• It can result in long-term negative effects

In their study "Tales from the Screen: Enduring Fright Reactions to Scary Media," U-M researcher Kristen Harrison and colleague Joanne Cantor of the University of Wisconsin found that 90 percent of the study's participants (more than 150 college students at Michigan and Wisconsin) reported a media fright reaction from childhood or adolescence. About 26 percent still experience a "residual anxiety" today. They found that the younger the study's participants were when they viewed a scary movie or TV program, the longer-lasting the effects. They did not find any evidence of the popular notion that children who like thrilling media genres will be better able to handle their effects than children who do not like them.

Children are not as good as adults when it comes to decision-making. Just because a child wants to watch a scary movie, doesn't mean you should let them. According to https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051, the rational part of their brain isn't fully developed until they're twenty-five.

• Is It Appropriate for Children To Watch Horror Movies? : No, No is not

I think that They are too young. Their minds can't handle it. They aren't mature enough to be watching these types of things. They will have nightmares from watching such terrible things. I don't even know why people make these movies. They are freaky and most people won't watch them. I don't think they should be able to watch these things at all. Horror movies are a bit overrated and mentally disturbing for most viewers.

• They are too young!

They are too young. Their minds can't handle it. They aren't mature enough to be watching these types of things. They will have nightmares from watching such terrible things. I don't even know why people make these movies. They are freaky and most people won't watch them. I don't think they should be able to watch these things!

>