• Math is not a sport nor a subject its the daily function of every day lives

Most people around the world would say no because of fear and the difficulty of the subjects but we should find a way to get through our narrow path than looking for short cuts, Math opens door in every career around the world as people can determine that your brain can be challenged

• Yes, just look around.

Name a time in your life or moment when you don't think about numbers or involve anything to do with maths with your actions.
    There are very little tasks in life where you will not use maths, which is why it should be compulsory up until A level. It is impossible to avoid maths in life unless you are dead, and even then the cost of a coffin involves maths

• Yeah it should breh

Well as a gr8 learner I have found that a lot of the worlds people have no jobs so more compulsory subjects and of course stricter schools would either turn a person into an entrepreneur or a very successful person either way 12 years yes 12 should be enough for a person to succeed in life

• Maths and science should be compulsory

People you need maths especially maths and science in you daily lives because you need maths and science to count and for instance what if youre applying for admission in a prestigious school then how will you know on which date is the interview and say you got admission into that school then how will you know as to how many floors do you have to skip to get to the floor that your classroom is in ? Mhm? Telll me please

• Yess! Both maths and science!!!

I am currently a year 12 student who passed maths and failed all sciences! Self consciously!

I want to got university for forensic psychology and never knew how much science would help!! I absolutely hated science and therefore, didn't do the work or my exams... Do I regret it now? Yes!

Hopefull, no one is stupid enough to make the mistakes I did!

Although you think you may not need it, you never know. So do not cut off your nose to spite your face!

Soldier on!! It MAY benefit you in the future...

Yours sincerely,
    The idiot.

• Yes,in all collages

Basic science and engineering makes us different from monkeys
    From shelter to laws we make ,all are based on sciencetific knownledge.We need science more than language because computer language only consist of 0&1 and tells lot more than letters we discoverd before.We egnored science and language made us inhuman and illogical.

• Maths is important.

Maths is very important because it helps us in a lot of ways . It increases your mind . Maths even develops our brain . So , maths is very important subject in our future life . As well as , even in our present life. So maths is important.

• Fucking hell yes

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n nn n n nn n n n n n n n nn n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n nn

• Hell Fucking yes!

EVERYTHING IS MATH AND SCIENCE IN THE MODERN WORLD. W quw wq wqb wqeb qw ww d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Math and science are amazing!!!!!!!

In hf kxnk smnz jx jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j

• Not all occupations need maths and science!

There are many occupations that do not involve maths and sciences, for example, being a lawyer or working as a counselor. Being a lawyer pays about $100,000 a year and it does not involve either maths or science. A counselor can make up to $60,000 a year. This proves that you do not need maths and science to get a good job.

• For god's sake NO

See a lot of people claim that Mathematics should be compulsory and that it is absolutely necessary for real life. However, The only mathematics based parts I've come across in real life is basic arithmetic.
    In many schools all over the world, Especially in countries like Sri Lanka, Math is compulsory for students from grade 1- 11 onwards and science from grade 6-11 more or less. What most educational systems are doing is forcing the subjects down students' throats.
    The same applies for science.
    Personally, Science is less necessary than Math. Sure, It teaches about our world and blah blah blah, But what they teach is actually sometimes beyond.
    Not everyone is great in Math and Science. That's a fact. Not everyone prefers it. And also, Not every job requires it. For example, Does a sportsmen need Math? Sure, Time is a factor for most of them, And Math and Science apply, But what matters most is talent.
    By making Math and Science compulsory, That talent generally, Does not have enough space. Most of them actually waste time in trying to improve them when it does not even touch their career path.
    Math and Science are subjects that a student should be allowed to choose, After the basics are taught.
    Instead a student should be given time to focus on what actually matters to them specifically.

• For god's sake NO

The same applies for science.

• It’s your wish

Maths is a good subject I know, But it won’t mean to leave your favourite subject and do maths. Even big companies like cbse won’t provide maths as a stream in some streams, Although you can add maths as subject but maths isn’t there Arts, Homescience, Pcb. . . . . So the importance of Maths totally depends upon your interest in doing the solution

• Maths shouldn't be compulsory.

Forcing people through lessons which young people feel boring and irrelevant will put them off maths and science. A recent study found out that motivation was the most important factor to improve grades. Another point is that not all minds are suited to maths so it will waste their time and this will lead to lack of confidence

• Important math is done in younger age

We need math in real life, but those are only basic calculations, fractions and percentages and being able to read simple graphs. I am for developing these also in later years instead of learning unnecessary number facts and making a graphic calculator do all the work because that is not useful and does not even challenge the brain. In fact, the topics covered are so irrelevant for life that it would make more sense studying advanced chemistry because that at least explains something, however it may not be relevant to daily life.
    In terms of sciences, I think they are more important than math and so should be done by all for a couple of years but later on students should be able to drop them. However, they are only just as important as all the other subjects.

• No way in the whole wide world

If science and math were actually so important, then my family would have been in the streets right now. Both my parents went off the science route. My Mom is a producer in the media and my Dad is a lecturer- no, not teaching science but phlosophy. They've done well without the subjects and so can others. Let those who want them take it not torturing others!!!

• Math should be used an elective.

Some students have no reason to be taking science, most jobs will not have anything to do with the topic. If someone knows they want to do something different, they should not be required to have math shoved down their throat. It is completely unnecessary for high school students to take.

• It does not cover all work areas

As a yr 10 student, I am forced to do maths and science in my school. Since I'm Asian, people also stereotyped me because they expect Asians are smart as they are good at maths and science. Yes it's true that majority Asians are smart in those two areas, but should we force other people to do so even though they don't like it? Even though i have high preferences to maths and science, i disagree with the context of maths and science should be compulsory in schools. Maths and science should be chosen not forced. Students should choose their own subjects in year 8 so they can focus on what they want to be in the future not what they are forced to be.

• Some Math, but every Science should not be compulsory.

Maths is a useful skill, and it is needed in - more or less - every job. Basic maths. Not advanced maths (Pythagoras theorem, Histograms, Brackets etc.), these should be part of a separate subject which the students whom want a career in mathematics could choose called "Further/Advanced Maths". Basic maths however should not be dropped as - although many don't like it - it is important, and should just be revised many times to enable students to perform well in the exam/s.
    As for science, why it is compulsory is beyond me, I am to sit 9 science exams in June 2017. This will be useless as - even though I am unsure of which profession I want to go into, but I can tell you for a fact that it will NOT be a science. Pupils could be taught important life skills, such as financial independence, how to perform well in an interview and teachings of Tax & Insurance etc.

>