• Math should be taught.

I'm a high school sophomore and I have never been a math person and probably never will be, it has to happen. I don't know that I'll ever use it, but there may be people that might, and might ask for your help. Those people may think only you have the tricks that will do for them. Plus, you might use that advanced algebra! You never know!

• Math is More than Finding X

Math does alot more than solving for a variable. Math is an important agent in developing critical thinking skills and can develop spatial perceptions. Geometry can be, and is, used everyday either in a cognitive way or a physical way. Math also is not limited to equations, you can generate critical thinking problems that don't require numbers, but simply understanding and use of logic to solve problems.

• If Course It Should

I believe we need to implement the curriculum covered in College Algebra at the high school level, for all students. Therefore, math is one of the more important subjects high school students will study. I believe math is important and it is often required for those in college, so it wouldn't make any sense to remove it from the curriculum.

• Math should be taught from birth till death

YES! Math should be taught from the time a baby can recognize the characters till a person dies. Math is the central building block of all education. I am not suggesting that everyone should be good at math, as that will not happen. Eliminating math from High School is akin to turning schools into more of a public day-care than any kind of educational institute.

• Math is necessary

Math has to be taught in high school because it is the single most important topic to study in order to be successful in today's competitive society. If it was not taught in high school, America would be passed by many other countries. Math is crucial for an advanced society .

• It helps us think.

Yes, math should be taught in high school, because the people who do not bother to learn math will spend their lives being taken advantage of by the people who do. If you do not know math, credit card companies and auto loan companies will eat you for lunch, and you will not know what bad deals you are getting.

• Math is redundant

I feel that past 8th grade you should have the choice to take math because the argument that you need math in life is ignorant to the fact that you learn all you need to know up to middle school. I feel high school math is pointless, Redundant, And excessive.

• Math had already been taught through primary and secondary schools,

There is no need to study the same thing all over again. In my opinion, Math in high schools should be an elective course. Students who are sure they won't use math for college and future careers or students who are simply not good at math should definitely not learn math anymore and focus on subjects of their interest. I am in the final year of high school and I also have dyscalculia, Which makes learning math harder for me. Math is still a required subject in my school. I am sure I will not use math during my university years since I'm planning to study political science. Complicated math won't help in life unless one is becoming a mathematician, Scientist, Or a math teacher.

• C. Show there are four degrees of freedom.

This is a math question in my math packet, I'm a junior in I.B.. If someone can tell me when the knowledge of having that question's information will ever be useful in my life then I will become a math teacher. In conclusion most of what we learn in math will not help us in life. Both of my parents are pretty successful and they couldn't understand the math that I was learning in middle school.

• Maths is horrible

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i ii i ii i i i ii i i ii i i ii i ii i i i i i

>