Should men be able to wear makeup and women's clothing?

Asked by: muaenrique
  • Yes Of course

Makeup is just a bunch of chemicals so why does it have to have a gender? I dont see anywhere on the makeup label "only for women" its the twenty first century and people need to start accepting that men and women can be who they want no matter their gender, Race, Or ethnicity.

• Yes Of course

• Why do you even care.

Let men do what they want. There is no right or wrong. I am Australian and I am proud that Australia voted yes. Things are changing so deal with it. Think of James Charles. He looks beautiful and just because men wear women's things doesn't mean that they are going to turn into a women alright so all you no people just be quiet.

• Why do you even care.

• Does it matter

NO men should be able to show who they are. Many people support females to show who they are, so why not men? So what if men aren't manly . Who cares. Everyone is amazing in their own way. People should be able to show who they are in there own way

• Gender roles are arbitrary and unneeded anyways

There is no reason why men and women should have to wear different things, besides the fact that society has developed this way. Even though men and women are biologically different, that doesn't mean that they can't wear the same clothes or both do makeup! Nothing besides society says that dresses, makeup, and otherwise "feminine" things are only for women. If men want to wear that, then they should go right ahead. Also the only "mental consequences", as another commenter said, would be from judgemental people in society. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone (which it probably won't), let them do it.

• People should be allowed to wear whatever they want provided they don't harm anyone

People are free, no one should judge them on their choice of clothing. The concept of male and female clothing is largely based on society norms and judgement. The debate is formed because the idea of men wearing woman's clothing is against the society's notion of male and female. Freedom of choice should come before those norms so if it works for you, you can do it.
    Unless others are harmed ( causes losses, injury / death ) but it is highly unlikely.

• Girls do it why not us

I don't take much interest in girls clothes but I must say I can name tons of woman who where men's clothes because they are comfy so why couldn't other men do the same. Dresses I would not agree on. However high heals and makeup were supposedly originally for men.

• Absolutely, dress for comfort!

We should all be free to choose what we want to wear. It is about time that clothing became non 'gender specific' which would give us all far greater choice, but it will probably take years for this to happen. By having the freedom to express ourselves, it should lead to people being happier in their lives.

• It's up to the person.

I am male and I personally have zero interest in it, but if you're male and want to wear women's clothes, go for it!, what do I care? If it's not going to harm me or other people in any way, why should it matter. Each to their own I say!

• Not right to do it.

The word to describe society today is narcissim. We think that we can and should break every law of nature so long as it makes us feel good and it satisfies our selfish desires Care about the mental consequences down the road? Pffff. Listen to what other people have to say and if they disagree with me for moral reasons I should listen? Hell no those people are monsters and evil. So no, I do not agree with this twisted way of thought. Men should dress like men and woman like woman. Wrong is wrong

• Not right to do it.

• Not right to do it.